Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: Various

Title: Super Cereal

Label: Disasterpeace Records

Date: March, 2012

1. Hiyamyzo - Soaring

2. Wired Vs. Zinx - The World is At War

3. Dirty Motion - Schyzophrantic (Sinful Reactions Rmx)

4. Hiyarant - Express

5. Ironstein - Absolut Carnage

6. Mr. Jack - Alter Ego

7. Frozen Ghost - Global Thermonuclear War

8. Orca - Spaceships

9. Tryambaka - Acherion Orchid

10. Hysteria - Deviant

11. Critical Mass - 16 Volt

"Truth is for pussies."

Yeah, this might hurt.

Ever been overlooked?

Posted Image

"Yeah I really like the direction Timecode is going."

"What about Disasterpeace?"

"Oh! And that new joint from Nexus Media is the sh*t!"

"It's like you don't even hear me. By the way, does your Mom and Dad know you came out?"

Disasterpeace is that other South African label. Timecode and Nexus Media are king, but these guys somehow get overlooked. Which is a shame because they have delivered the goods. Whether it's Frozen Ghost's Sin for Dinner, Ulterior Motives by Rubix Qube or Badass by Xatrik, this digital label offers up the most intense hyper trance around. Pounding rhythms, bass lines with a mind of their own and usually enough of the sticky icky to satisfy your neighborhood whore.

Compiled by Myzo it says for twilight goodness all you have to do is just add milk. I have milk. Haven't checked the date on it, but it's probably still good. And it's gluten free for all your unfortunate digestive requirements, so you got that going for you.

"Same sh*t...different day."

Hey you said it I didn't.

I love the twilight stuff. And fairly or unfairly I compare everything to the Midnight Storm series because for me that is the pinnacle of the twilight genre. Bombastic and epic.

Posted Image

Sorry Ben, this is not that.

Hiyarant, Dirty Motion, Tryambaka, Orca, Frozen Ghost...a lot of major players are represented here. All have made awesome tracks. They just decided not to put them on this compilation. Look at the cover. Even the superhero has a disappointed and disapproving look. Not feeling so super are you? Gone is the thick and brooding atmosphere and acid for acid's sake is easy to spot. There were parts of each track I liked, but none of them brought the heat or was memorable. It seemed a little more geared for the commercial crowd with frequent stops and starts and too many samples. That said it is thumping and in spots it will quench your thirst for aggressive hyper trance. Middle of the road I think.

Seems like there is a reason Timecode and Nexus Media are top dogs.

Beatport

Juno Download

Mdk