For your ears

Hi.

You could say I'm fresh in goa-psy making (2 years), but not so fresh in music-making.

Currently I'm finishing couple tracks and willing to release them.

This is one of the latest:

http://soundcloud.com/4fe8s9f84/987-1

What you think about it in general ?

Technical questions:

I think I'm having problems with dynamic range compression, maximizing seems fine. Can't put "loud and clear" effect, get's distorted, too compressed - no air in it.. where could be the problem?

I didn't prepare .wav tracks before EQ'ing, compressing and maximizing - exported wav, then messed with it. Then I didn't done stereo work when mastering - did it while in project (stereo separation, stereo enhancing).

Aren't my hi-hats bad? Or too loud?

And kick,bass lacks clarity?

Still learning you know :)

Guest E-Mantra

interesting ideeas..but i have a weird feeling with the bassline and kick...seems to hurt the ear ..its like u need to make the sounds sharper..

hit hats indeed are too loud

definitely unique and nice style. the hihat indeed is a bit strange, but i can't tell exactly why. maybe overcompressed? maybe eq?

and what's up with the "LP" noise in the break?

generally the track reminds me of some of the more minimalistic goa from around 1996/1997 or so, but with a modern sound. i like.