New Track "Sunrays in the old building''

radi6404

Radi first dont use next phrases: Boom Shankaaaaaa, Shiva, Ganesha, PLUR, Chakra, Yantra, Tantra, Mantra... it sounds really boring.

Second Richpa said above, some of people have free and good will to give you a feedback and professional opinions here. I am always thinking possitive even if my reply is not what you expected. Also i am new in scene, some 4 years now but i can suggest you basics that you need to change/add/remove.

Third you should be good with everyone. What you think how all those artists from newschool scene are here today? For me goodness is more important than music itself. I know i am not best person but not worst one but i am trying to be nice with almost everyone. And because of that and because of other good people today you have larger scene. You don't need to love anyone just show a bit of respect.

Accept criticism for your own good, ask for help, for tricks and tips i believe that everyone here will try to help you if they know what you asked. That's not a shame when you don't know and ask someone who know to explain.

And you can't expect that you will release album and play on major festivals and events just because one day you will have great music. Even if you go play and acting like this now... thats dangerous man, even if you are among all those PLUR people.

And don't think just because D5 are ussing full on bass that is something wrong with them or that you are better than them. They proved as the legends and as they are 30 years in music i believe that they know what they want. Maybe that style is not what we expected but thats D5 man! I hope one day people will love you like we love them.

I know that i am one of the youngest here and i shouldn't share much wisdom man, but this was from the heart, from good intentions ;)

Imba thanks for your reply. I don#t know if I will produce a lot of Goa Trance, since it is a difficult and time consuming process and you have to feel very confortable in your working place to do that and the gear, like computer must be easy operational so you can do things fast and efficient. I must organize myself better so I can produce Goa Trance. I don#t want to sound arrogant, but I intent to produce something really good, that sounds really oldschool and also some good sounding Goa ambient. It is fun to do and I would like it when people like i

I am jsut like you trying to be nice to everyone, however when I see some behaviours I tend to react in a negative way too quicly.

I am jsut like you trying to be nice to everyone, however when I see some behaviours I tend to react in a negative way too quicly.

And that will make people do the exact opposite of what you initially wanted them to do...it's as easy as that. From the first posts you made here in the "All good trance was produced before 2000" (or something like that) thread, you haven't changed that much in YOUR behaviour to be honest.

I don't know which track you ahve listened to, but your opnion is definatly not what you really think but something you want to put me down.

I managed to listen track that you mentioned like 712412 times already - ''Sunrays In The Old Building'' and I can guarantee that my opinion is same as like I think - IT DOESN'T SOUND GOOD ENOUGH (at least to me). Why I should put you down? C'mon dude, are you really think that I go around bashing people on Psynews because I'm bored or something. Seriously?

Do you know why? Because the track, which is called "Sunrrays in the old building" has elements in it, that most newschool Goa tracks don't even have. it has basslines that change their keys several times.

Congrats bro, you managed to do bassline key changes and suddenly you own complete newschool Goa trance scene, well done.

Now most Goa trance tracks do not even have that, it has several stringlines along the song, that support the melodies, which is also something that a lot of goa tracks don#t have. And it has more musical ingridients. If you don't like the sound of it, you don't have to. but that track "sunrays in the old building" is aktually musically more complex than many newschool Goa tracks.

It's not more complex than any average newschool Goa trance track randomly stumbled on Soundcloud. It's not only the SOUND of your track, it's complete idea, track doesn't got any drive, it sounds dull and boring, even with your super-awesome bassline key-changes, mix is really bad and you should (if you decide to start doing something serious) invest some money and buy proper monitors or headphones. There is no any diversity (something that makes Goa trance unique) in your track. Arrangment of the track is also dull and predictable, sayin' that is complex Goa tune - is an insult to anybody who had a contact with this kind of music (old-school or newschool, doesn't even matter), it's an unfinished track that doesn't got anything that I can say - wow, that sounds so cool.

Because most newschool Goa tracks have one bassline and two main melodies, playing all along the track. For example if you look at the stuff from Ethereal, two main melodies, one simple bassline, no keychange. So my track is musically more complex than their stuff. The mixing is not very good indeet, bu I did not work on it anymore, otherwise it could be improved

YES YES. Your musical-wise complexity is far beyond this

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYru2pF-SvQ&feature=related

I find it funny when people here takl about complex musical stuff when they don#t really know what they are saying. They are talking of big climaxes and so on, while most people disregard that a lot of newschool goa tracks don't have one keychange in the bassline or the main song and a lot of goa songs don't have complex meldoies, supported by strings. Now my melodies are surely not complex, but I honestly find it funny how people talk about music, when they disregard musical ingridients of the song. Just caring about the climax.

MOAR CLIMAXES PLX!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuhcXlhnRXA

Here is a homework for ya, tell me how many climaxes does this song have.

Musically my track "Sunrays in the old building" is musically more complex than for example Astral Projection - Ionized

:ph34r:

altough Ionized sounds much better.

Agreed.

Now Nilava from Astral projection is many times more complex than my track, cause it has several key changes, lots of layered melodies and more. People should care about musical complexity and not only look about what sounds good and what not.

Dude, sometimes complexity is pure simplicity, if you got good idea, different approach and proper storytelling and drive in your track, than, all thoose layers, melodies, key changes aren't in a forefront of your piece of art. Honestly I couldn't find anything of that in your work and that doesn't mean that you should count my own opinion as something that is valid, absolutley no, but if more than one person give you an advice that is worthy, that is helpful, than don't be disrespectful, especially when you calling people who gave huge input into this scene. You started trolling this topic with 'big names'.

some people in the thread say, the track needs keychanges, while they could not hear that I impleneted many key changes in the bassline and the strings.

DO MOAR KEYCHANGES :)

Don't! Follow your heart and soul, do music as you like, but next time, more humble approach to other peoples opinion wouldn't hurt anyone. And yeah, don't compare yourself with others, that only means that you lack some good old orginality.

What my real problem with newschool goa trance is that there is nothing that sounds even close to real oldschool goa trance but it sounds very different.

That's why some people prefer to call it 'newschool Goa'. I'm one of thoose who like to use that term. Nothing wrong with it, move on.

the artists use orienatlic melodies, very fast bpm speeds, way too many sounds and most use a floating soundscape, similar to some Dimension 5 tracks. why isn't there anything new that sounds similar to Astral, or Hallucinogen, or Electric Universe, or MFG, or Man with no Name, or Psychaos, or Hunab Ku? do you want to tell me that the newschool stuff is any similar to music from those guys?

Honestly, I really don't like that much eastern-orient type of melodies in Goa trance latley and really tryin' to lean more stuff that I'm releasing on different approach. There is already a bunch of guys who are doing that kind of Goa trance and releasing it and they get deserved positive feedbacks and I really see future of newschool through-out different concepts, but that's something for a different topic. The point is that newschool stuff, doesn't need/have to sound like mentioned artists above, it should sound like newschool, like something that is made right now and something that will be made in future - a vision of something that will make us happy (hopefully), something that we will wait paitiently, and feel it with our hears and souls. Let's see what will happen :)

You must be fuck*** kidding me or you're 1st class trollmaster?

This.

I still dont want to believe his a real person tbh.

Even after countless pictures with him and his mountain crashberry videos with him driving around listening to goa, I cant believe such suckre is a real person, such... Stupid fuck?

*waits for the shitstorm*

Richpa, I accept and respect your opinion of my track, man. But you should respect that I have included keychanges on the bassline, several stringlines, several melody changes and they harmonize together well. You should respect that and see it as something at least. You are right that the track does not have a drive and it is somehow not telling a story, but I even said that in my own thread. You must agree that soundwise it sounds more like oldschool than most newschool Goa tracks. I will try to do better stuff with good song arrangements and climax. If you would not like artists that produce something similar to oldschool, I would appreciate it very much.

Aww, come on, this is lame, everyone knows hes a troll, and gets back responses or contra-trolling, but somehow you manage to wipe away all posts without even posting explanation? This is so isra like moderation ;)

My 2nd take - delete all the shit radi has posted about his tracks and leave this conversation entirely clean devoted to discussion WITHOUT radi's self praise shit.

I have not praised myself you idiot, I even have critizised myself you retard. Based on your last posts I hought you have changed and become a nice person, but such a bad comment about me, I did not expect that, seriously. Read my fucking posts and you would see that I critizised my track several times. How you can be mistaken by other people.

Aww, come on, this is lame, everyone knows hes a troll, and gets back responses or contra-trolling, but somehow you manage to wipe away all posts without even posting explanation? This is so isra like moderation ;)

My 2nd take - delete all the shit radi has posted about his tracks and leave this conversation entirely clean devoted to discussion WITHOUT radi's self praise shit.

My 3rd take - I moved these offtopic posts to radis thread.

1. Some posts were hidden because unneccesary languange and flaming, make your point across without them please. I aplogize for not explaining this earlier, it just seemed obvious to me. They are back, though.

2. Radi you need to learn to take critcism and realize that art (music incl.) is not just about the technicalities. You say how this track is more complex than ionized, yet ionized is billion times a better track than it. Just because you do something technnically right doesn't make it suddenly amazing, as you can see from the responses. And seriously, ditch the whole conspiracy everyone's automatically against you because you're not a famous goa baba, this isn't true.

3. 3 because 1 and 2 doesn't seem enough.

4. Radi, Reger and Technosomy - This is a verbal warning, refrain from attacking each others with harsh and unneccesary languange. Keep. It. Civil. Next time it's a warning increase.

Radi, just let your music speak for itself. Getting angry over a lack of response hurts your success. Nobody commented in my thread, but I don't care because I wrote it for me. People don't always feel like giving feedback. Your last track won't be your last effort and it certainly won't define you as an artist if you keep writing music. Take criticism with maturity and an open mind. It'll improve your work.

Radi I like your track - the old school spirit is defo there. It's not the most complex tune ever I admit, but has strong resemblance to the floaty type of mid-90s regular trance. I can hear you've really tried to make a listenable tune here, and on that basis yes it's sometimes frustrating only to hear "constructive criticism" of a tune you personally enjoy and would like others to enjoy as well, no? :)

I for one welcome this really old school sounding vibe you're trying to recreate, I don't recall other goa artists having your approach so dude, go on and continue on this path.

ps. I like your keychanges in the bassline lol! :D

Monahium simple tries to sound sperior and like a Pro when he tries to insult me in that way. And he has nothing better to say, he probably is not capable of arguing and explaining, reasoning, why I am confused and wrong.

Incorrect. I gave you my honest opinion (I was not insulting you, if you want to say I was insulting anything, it'd be your track.) When I said you are incorrect on so many levels I was referring to your posts on this thread regarding new school goa and how you have an old school sound(you know what you said!) It doesn't matter if your track sounds old school or not. What truly matters is the QUALITY of your music. You ask for an opinion, and you received it. I'm not trying to argue; I want to help you out so you don't embarrass yourself anymore. Keep at it for another year and post again. If you worked hard enough you'll get a different reaction from the community.

As for me trying to sound superior and "like a pro" i'll say this. I am no pro, but I'm young and I work really hard every day on improving, and yes I think I'm superior( I hate to admit the ego but it is true.)

http://soundcloud.co...hingsingularity

http://soundcloud.com/panoptes/riseofthegrain-1

p.s. arguing with people who are trying to help you out and give you opinions is counterproductive!