Psychedelic/Twisted Progressive Trance?

healium

I've been discovering some good progressive trance these days - I've loved Atmos "Headcleaner", Beat Bizarre, and Reefer decree for a long time, and am now very happy to have found the first two albums by Phony Orphants - "Symphony" in particular is fantastic!

Can anyone recommend progressive trance that is more on the twisted/uber-psychedelic side? Much of the progressive I hear, like Antix and so forth - they use very "square" sounds - not the Hallucinogen/Hux Flux/Koxbox type of sounds.. I have a couple albums by Sensient but Sensient is more like minimal psytrance type music - it doesn't have that same hypontic groove that the best progressive does so well..

In other words, alot of the progresisve I hear has a more "mainstream" or "clubby" sound to it - I want some stuff that isn't like that

Oh yes - that one sounds very interesting indeed!

It has a bit of the "DarkPsy" vibe to it which I don't care for, but it's mostly prog/techno-esque which I do like (I love dark and twisted music, just not the darkpsy genre itself).

I'm probably going to order this album - thanks for the recommendation!

It has a bit of the "DarkPsy" vibe to it which I don't care for

Heh, that's probably why it sounds so much more interesting to me than most prog.

he he the "Hypogeo" Album was the first i thought of to,specialy "the Lamb of dog" track really hit the spot for me.Sensient made tracks that are like that i think,u should listen to tracks like "jugdment day"

and "The Deepness".and if you dont know him already, try check out "Reactant" .this guy have in record time become my favorit artist (in this style of trance),his upcoming album sounds much in the minimalistic tech-trance really,but there is a few totaly awesome tracks on there that i am very excited about to hear when its released.http://soundcloud.com/reactant try listen about 2:58 to about 5:10 lol this is what i like haha its so cool man. :lol: .many of his best tracks are ready to download for free on Ektoplazm :wub: .here is alittle list of other Artist u may like to.

Krumelur

Cold Project

Tetraktys

Malfunktion

Minimal Criminal

XV Kilist

Magnetrixx

Tetrameth

Tegma

Ticon

Timetech

Oryx

One Tasty Morsel

Paste

Product Placement

SBK

Snug as a Bug

S-range

Moses

morganixx

Suncontrolspecies

Treibstoff

Bitmonx

Buzzmonks.

Hey man, I don't know if this is what you mean but you might like it. I really enjoy Lyctum, this artist has a very psychedelic type of touch to his music. It's progressive but kind of on the darker side. It's everything but clubby! If you like it, check out the album: Lyctum - Tales Of The Universe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW3UnBCqIiA

I am also a big fan of Relativ, also from Serbia. He kind of maintains that original Goa feeling in to his music but produces progressive killers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUrBwyspK0c

This one from Zen-Mechanics and M-Theory is full-on but it's very unique and might be what your looking for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFIvY7lFgdo

The things that come to my mind are:

Tetrameth (a bit dark and a bit funky, sometimes minimalistic)

Onionbrain (darker and twisted)

S-Range (not really twisted, but with a nice distinctive sound)

Etnoscope (more tribal influenced)

Necton (2001 style, harder, more minimalistic)

Protonica or E-Clip (both not too far from "standard" progressive sound, but psychedelic and damn good)

Will get to the others in a bit here - checked out "Reactant" though - interesting stuff - I like it overall - reminds me a good bit of Sensient from "Antifluoro" album.. I don't like his vocal samples too much though..

Will get to the others in a bit here - checked out "Reactant" though - interesting stuff - I like it overall - reminds me a good bit of Sensient from "Antifluoro" album.. I don't like his vocal samples too much though..

and those here are really worth checking out to.

(Album) morphem - monitoring

(Album) Cosma - Simplicity

(Album) Haldolium - be real

(Album) Fünf D – Das Signal

groovy classic stuff :D

and those here are really worth checking out to.

(Album) morphem - monitoring

(Album) Cosma - Simplicity

(Album) Haldolium - be real

(Album) Fünf D – Das Signal

groovy classic stuff :D

+1 to Das signal

Im really into Flegma , Nerso, E-clip, Zyce ,, the tesseract studio gusy are churning up some really nice tunes. dunno if it 'strictly' qualifies as psyprog though. hard hitting groovy music for sure.

My 2 favourite tracks of Bandit are these ones :

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjc_cd_daIw

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6EEU2ajn6I

Atmos like, dunno if it's your stuff or not!

My god, it has been ages since I heard someone mention this one .... have it since it came out back in 2001 (?) ...one of the last from MDMA I believe ....

Indeed atmos like ..... nice one but haven't heard anything from him since ... probably one of teh first Israeli going on the progressive side of things .....

there are many labels releasing progressive you might enjoy. even if some were already mentioned here, i list them all together now with special hints if necessary:

Zenon Records

Cosmic Conspiracy Records

Glitchy.Tonic.Records

Uroboros Records

Another Psyde Records

No Qualms Records

Electric Power Pole Records

Soundkraft Records (-> VA - Spun Cycle)

UP Records (-> Grouch album)

Occulta Records

Selknam Records

Ovnimoon Records (-> VA - The Young Man On Acid)

Jaira Records

Perfect Stranger - Changed. It's a remix album with some great artists contributing. The whole thing has a dark, melancholy almost ominous vibe to it. It is one of my all time favorite albums. Spectacular!!

*tops

human blue

zerotonine

atmos

ohh yes,true trance legends.

i wonder if there is some new zerotonine stuff in the melting pot :P.hoping.

the new "Haldolium" Album sounds interesting :)