Hi people, :P

We are soo...oo extremally proud to announce our latest Cronomi rec. CD release:

"M-Run ‎– Some Run Just For Fun"

--> link discogs: http://www.discogs.c...release/3948484

--> samples: http://soundcloud.com/runmrun

:excl: Note: the CD is only to be ordered at our webshop: :excl:

--> link: https://shop.cronomi.com/

(also samples TRACKS + ART WORK here!!!)

:lol: some tracks and vids that give you a first impression!!! :lol:

• 3 months later...

All the best for this release! Good work

Awesome! Just ordered it (+ V/A "Erta Ale"). Can't wait to hear this in full, as the samples sound promising. I loved Artha, Portamento is in my Top 5 psytrance albums ever, so obviously have high hopes for this one as well :)

Thanks to the guy (one of our first 30 buyers) who already thought it was good to post a torrent online so this (hard work) was already online to download!!! Funny that you have to pay to be able to download it: I love this scene...makes you wonder why I put my savings into this hobby...

Sorry for being sarcastic, but Mario worked years on this...so I think 15 euro for the album is worth it...no?

And please arguments like "what did you expect?" or "are you suprised" aren't helping.

Internet isn't an excuse to steal...especially when the scene is so small and it's hard to survive for a label...

Love :wub:

Thanks to the guy (one of our first 30 buyers) who already thought it was good to post a torrent online so this (hard work) was already online to download!!! Funny that you have to pay to be able to download it: I love this scene...makes you wonder why I put my savings into this hobby...

Love :wub:

Don't take it too personal Ward... File sharing will always happen... let's hope people get to know the music via file sharing and buy the music when they like it (although sales are going lower and lower and lower...) Anyway, take a copy to FG :)

not yet, but thats to be expected, being so far away and all

Got mine today. Will report my first thoughts in the evening once I've listened through it! Thanks!!! :)

And no, it's not me who torrented it - I'm really sorry to hear that :(

Have not had enough time to dive into it properly, but so far (after 3-4 listens while doing other things) I can already say that it's really good! First thing you'll notice is how different it sounds compared to most neo-goa releases, thanks to the gear being used - it's warmer, more analogue-ish and I especially like that "softer" tone of rhythm section (kick+bass, hats). The music itself is full of small, little details & hooks, some great effects there. The melodies are a blend of Israeli old-school goa and Filteria's two first albums, although - thankfully - not that chaotic, with some hints to newer stuff like RealtyGrid (that's probably because of using Access Virus). I also found some hints of Doof and The Infinity Project, which is not half bad either :) The arrangements develop well, although it's not yet on the level of layering displayed by Crossing Mind or Portamento; also they're less emotional, at least in most of the tracks. Lots of great piercing, acidy leads in many of the tracks, some clever modulations and development of the sounds.

What I didn't like were some of the spoken samples, apparently made by the guy who mastered the CD - you can here he's not a native English speaker and def. not a good voice actor. But it's not bad either, just apparent - possibly I wouldn't notice it if it wasn't mentioned in the booklet :) Also, the mastering after hearing what Colin OOOD did with Portamento's and Artha's albums, sounds that much less punchy, with probably a bit to much emphasis on the mid-range (or conversely - to little on low-range) which becomes tiresome on the ears on regular headphones and high volume. But otherwise it's very competent - the sound is dynamic & clear.

All in all, compared to most releases today it indeed sounds like it could have been produced pre-2000, but is better recorded / mastered, so if you're into that kind of sound you should definitely check it out!

I'll try to write full-on review over the weekend when I'm more familiar with all the tracks, but at the moment it's solid 4/5

Yes the only sad part is that colin did not work on this. It's cool to have the artist to master a release on one hand because they know what they want, but on the other a 3rd party masterer makes it more accesible to everyone and has loads more of skill in that department. I do miss the punchyness of colin but I hope I get over it.