Good shops where you can pay with paypal

radi6404

so i am looking for some good shops to buy mp3s, where you can pay with paypal. I am searching for that since Twisted.co.uk allows paypal, but it is very expensive and Amazon has good prices but you can't py with paypal.

mp3! is that abomination format still around!

should have been outlawed years ago.

go lossless radi, the only way to listen to anything

what about beatport and those types of places, sureley they should do paypal.

credit cards should be fine as you got to have one to use paypal

There is no difference between mp3 320 and lossless. At least according to people who have done bilnd tests on expensive speakers and components. they lsitend lossless and mp3 and could not tel the difference, listening blindly to the tracks.

go and listen to the same track one in 44100 khz and a shitty mp3 320 and see what you reckon

Have you ever tried? And "blindly" is absolutely the key here. People can also "definitely hear" the difference in their $20 000 speaker cables, but only if they know the setup. There's a lot of boasting around, but after a proper test many self-proclaimed golden ears have to eat their humble pie.

I could quite safely make a bet that even properly encoded 256 kbps CBR or 192 kbps VBR cannot be distinguished from the original in a listening test.

(However, I buy all my music in lossless, just because getting a crippled version feels wrong in the days when transfer and storage costs for lossless audio are negligible. Why buy a worse product than we had in the early 80s when CDs were introduced?)

hah, Technosoomy, you crack me up man, you produce msuic and you don#t know that test and aktually believe you could hear a difference on a blind test. Anyone can here a difference when he clicks the lower and the higher viersion. But with a blind test I am wondering who heart a difference at all. So which shops are fine to get mp3s with paypal and not as expensive as twisted.co.uk.

hah, Technosoomy, you crack me up man, you produce msuic and you don#t know that test and aktually believe you could hear a difference on a blind test. Anyone can here a difference when he clicks the lower and the higher viersion. But with a blind test I am wondering who heart a difference at all. So which shops are fine to get mp3s with paypal and not as expensive as twisted.co.uk.

producer, you must have me mixed up with someone else bro, maybe go back through your shitty mp3's and check the spelling of technossomy

producer, you must have me mixed up with someone else bro, maybe go back through your shitty mp3's and check the spelling of technossomy

the difference is easy its like listening to something underwater!

fuck mate can you really not tell?

Most audiophiles can tell the difference...

There is no difference between mp3 320 and lossless. At least according to people who have done bilnd tests on expensive speakers and components. they lsitend lossless and mp3 and could not tel the difference, listening blindly to the tracks.

I'm sorry mate but that just isn't true

There's been a couple of times where I've had duplicate copies of sets and I've played one of them, only seen the track name and been like you know this feels a bit flat and then it turned out to be mp3 not flac (and this has never happened with flac). I also definitely notice this during general listening, like sometimes if I'm really tired I'll ONLY want to listen to flac and mp3s will just annoy me. Believe me I'd love it if there was no difference, but there is.

I agree with Radi: given that modern equip can compensate the loss of MP3, it's hard to tell the format of the track. As a DJ, the only noticeable difference happened when I played compressed tracks (such as the ones from early Goa), but that's a production detail, not a format one. Plus there are some programs that "expands" the MP3 track, so the final result is imperceptible. Also, if you play in a good sound system, people can't notice the difference.

I agree with Radi: given that modern equip can compensate the loss of MP3, it's hard to tell the format of the track. As a DJ, the only noticeable difference happened when I played compressed tracks (such as the ones from early Goa), but that's a production detail, not a format one. Plus there are some programs that "expands" the MP3 track, so the final result is imperceptible. Also, if you play in a good sound system, people can't notice the difference.

There is no equipment that can compensate the loss of an MP3 file. Where did you get that piece of information from?

There is a huge difference between a production detail and a format one, but that is not on the menu here. Yes, there are programs which expand an MP3 file, but that is merely an optical illusion and a waste of memory on your hard drive. If something is lost, it cannot be regained. It just can't. Your programs can make a wonderful illusion of a WAV file created from a 256kbs MP3 file, but does that really expand and improve the sound. Y'all wish it did...

And this part with the good sounds system... Man, I don't want to sound like a twat, but that is rubbish. It is exactly the opposite. I mean, the better your gear is, the sooner and the more obvious the wackness of an MP3 file becomes. I use a pair of Pioneer HDJ-2000 headphones, and I cannot even be bothered to listen to anything less than a well encoded 320kbps MP3 file.

As far as the speaker set-up, my mates and I have two pairs of Pioneer CS-7070 speakers, a Pioneer DJM-800 5 channel mixer (yes yes we are Pioneer 'til the end addicts) and a couple of good ol' fashioned SL-1200's. That is not even the best you can get, far from it, but any attempt at playing MP3 files with the equipment I just listed (minus the turntables obviously) failed miserably.

Playing MP3 files through high quality equipment makes the music sound like it was coming from a 30 meter geyser, and not through a great speaker set up. What you wrote is wrong, it's the exact opposite. There is no difference only if you play MP3 files and original, uncompressed tracks on a pair of, let's say, Logitech speakers attached to your configuration or something...

A well encoded MP3 file (320kbps) is very hard to differentiate from an uncompressed format, but I urge anyone with the possibility to do so, and gather up some high end equipment and try to tell the difference. You obviously won't be able to notice any differences right from the start, but give it some time and you will see for yourself.

It's a matter of practice and preferences, but you could hardly slip me an MP3 file at my house and convince me it is a lossless rip or something similar. It's another matter completely if we are to do a blind test in front of a computer, with two crappy speakers I use for playing Tetris and having a serious listening session over at someone's living room... I admit that I have had trouble recognizing the difference between, for example, a flac and a proper MP3, but if you are used to certain formats (in my case - vinyl), after a while, the taking notice of the difference is imminent! :)