Aavepyörä - Katso kukkaa

http://aavepyora.net...c/katso-kukkaa/

Posted Image

OK, my labour of love for the past years is here, finally available for your pleasure!

In sound a bit darker and harder than Kotiin haltiakansan luo, brought alive by a lot of new analog gear I’ve aquired, it’s the perfect companion to Kotiin haltiakansan luo, which is included in a new remixed and mastered version with the album.

Housed in a recycled cardboard casing containing no plastic parts, with a 8 page booklet printed on FSC certified paper from ecological forestry. The inks used are vegetable based, and the CD is shipped in a re-sealable biodegradable bag.

Preview clips and order info up at: http://aavepyora.net/

http://soundcloud.co...kukkaa-preview/

• Like 1

Well, now you got to wait until August when I come from travelling, unless you happen to come to Helsinki, I have the album for sale in two shops in the centre...

And thanks, I love too how the designs turned out!

Have you experienced skipping in some tracks, especially in the end of the album? I have had some reports of this, maybe the CDR-original was damaged? If you have heard skips, it would be very useful to know on which tracks, and on what time... I am trying to find out what happened with the manufacturer...

But thank you! I am also very happy with the whole thing... I think the two albums go together well... But I'm not even sure, if you can call this Finnish sound, the way I see it, the influences come much more from goa, progressive, electro, etc... Or that's at least what I like >D

oh dam dude, sorry to report this have been listening to it in big room on not the best system, and now i hear it, is faint in some parts and more louder in others, beginning of track 8 for first 10 seconds, track 9 from 2:40 onwards, and all of track 10!

it's a tragedy

omg what happened.

definate prog and electro influences, its not suomi sound in traditional sense, but has you guys stamp all over it

love the flower by the way.... nice touch

Damn! Wonder if the pressing plant covers the mistake?

if they damaged the cdr i would certainly hope so.

Yeah, there was bad luck with the pressing and 'Katso Kukkaa' album at least suffers a lot. Let's see if Kim makes another batch.

and your thoughts on the album, being someone from the motherland?

am curious because this has alot of elements truly unique that i have not heard before

Well, I have not listened to trance for 6 years or so, so I guess I'm free of influences :D And I think the only Finnish music I own is one album from James Reipas.

I think the problem might be the original CDR, but I'll say no more until I'm back home and can investigate. And I hope the plant has the original CDR still around.

I don't believe I'll have good luck making them pay, it's all coming again from my own wallet. Well, what's 2500€ for a good album...

But I'll say, that this is the last time I use free software for anything critical. (ref: the whatever free burner I used in a hurry when my bundled Nero stopped working)

It seems like the time when a DXF from Inkscape (the only even distantly proper free vector drawing program) was fucked up in one vertex, and a CNC mill started destroying a 200€ piece of aluminum :P

Also it seems that the start and endpoints of the tracks are fucked up, they seem to start too abruptly at least in the pirated release, which is the only one I have access now to...

For the last years while making this I have been listening a lot to 60s and 70s folk rock and prog folk, contemporary psychedelic folk, a lot of different singer-songwriters (Alela Diane, Mariee Sioux, stuff like that), Yona, medieval music, etc... So that's where the sound is coming from...

For the last years while making this I have been listening a lot to 60s and 70s folk rock and prog folk, contemporary psychedelic folk, a lot of different singer-songwriters (Alela Diane, Mariee Sioux, stuff like that), Yona, medieval music, etc... So that's where the sound is coming from...

did wonder that, there is so much more to this album, the fact i am very much into folk etc explains me liking it so much

such a shame though this has happened as not a good way to start your time off, but don't fret will be all good in the end, much appreciate your expression!