Looking for more Electro Psy Swing?!

Mortisville

I recently spent some time with putting together a mix of psy / swing orientated tracks and was just wondering whether anybody knew of more out there?

I have included both the track list and a link to the mix below.

http://soundcloud.com/mortisville/convergence-2-earth-swing-psy

Mixed By: Mortisville

Narrated by: David Attenborough

01 – Mortisville - Intro.wav

02 - Kalya Scintilla - Feeln' Good

03 - Day.Din - Eyjafjallaj?kull

04 – Shpongle - Ineffable Mysteries

05 - Deep Forest – Deep Forest

06 - Der Dritte Raum - Swing Bob (Acid Pauli's Kosmik Remix)

07 - Infected Mushroom - Dancing With Kadafi.mp3

08 - Shpongle - Dorset Perception.aiff

09 - Nicolas Jaar - Mi Mujer (taken from 'Time For Us EP')

10 - Acid Pauli, Nancy - Ibang (Original Mix) [exclusive-music-dj.com]

11 - Victor Montsaint - About_Us_Original_Mix

12 - Alec Troniq - Rueffel_(Stereo_Express_Remix)

13 - Max Duke - No_Good_(Stereo_Express_Remix)

14 - Pleasurekraft - Carny (taken from 'Pacha Hits 2012')

15 - Mark Denken - Dios (Original Mix)

16 – Mortisville & Friends – The Titan Rises (splie 2 edit)

17 - Ticon - Balkan Tourist (original)

18 - KULARIS - Drinks.aiff

19 - DJ FABIO, MOON - Restless_Original_Mix.wav

20 - Josh Wave - When Times Were Good (Promo)

21 - Adapted Records - Carnivale

22 – Spoonbill - Tropical Space Race

Fan-tas-tic mix!! I LOVE it!

I don't don't really know any more of such tracks but I'll keep my ears open! Great sound ^^

thanks mate :)

i know there is more out there and several psy dj's have said they remember other tracks with horns and violins but as yet i have not been able to locate them.

I can also add

Vishnudata - Too Slow (weird drum n bass psy cross over with a trumpet near the beginning!)

First two record labels that come to mind are

Horns And Hoofs Entertainment & Boshke Beats Records

I dont exactly know whether the style they exhibit is what you are looking for but you could give it a try. Kino Oko and Bigwigs sound more or less like the electro swing you speak of even though they make more of psytechno

Listening to your soundcloud though makes me wonder whether you are after more downbeat or upbeat ? The first 10 minutes sound pretty chilled .. does it get harder later on ?

If you are looking for somethign that sounds like an orchestra with a pinch pf psychedelic try M.E.E.O .. its quite fast though .. might not fit in quite well with the tracks on your DJ set.

Good luck with your hunt! :)

p,s - 43 minutes onwards has a nice groove ... ;)

I saw Shpongle at Rainbow they were bloody amazing! and it was actually whilst watching them on a rather large amount of A**d that i decided I was going to start making a big go of playing out in Aus.. I started playing a lot of electro swing (such as parov, steller shemian, stereo express etc) and have not looked back since. I would admit swing is not the main driving force in Shpongle as a whole but the tracks that I chose certainly have a large swing influence in my eyes.

With regards to the term psy swing or swingadelic i guess i kind made it up for this mix but there is actually a pretty big amount of stuff out there

First two record labels that come to mind are Horns And Hoofs Entertainment & Boshke Beats Records I dont exactly know whether the style they exhibit is what you are looking for but you could give it a try. Kino Oko and Bigwigs sound more or less like the electro swing you speak of even though they make more of psytechno Listening to your soundcloud though makes me wonder whether you are after more downbeat or upbeat ? The first 10 minutes sound pretty chilled .. does it get harder later on ? If you are looking for somethign that sounds like an orchestra with a pinch pf psychedelic try M.E.E.O .. its quite fast though .. might not fit in quite well with the tracks on your DJ set. Good luck with your hunt! :) p,s - 43 minutes onwards has a nice groove ... ;)

The mix starts off very chilled and earthy before going up through the gears with Ticon, Kularis, DJ FABIO, MOON and Josh Wave, the last 2 tracks are more glitchy psy orientated tracks from Melbourne label Adapted Records and Spoonbill..

M.E.E.O - You legend! i love it my only regret is that i had not discovered them a week ago.. i think i might have to have a make a reprieve as there are a few i didn't have space for now.. probably have it as a half hour bonus mix with purely fast 130 + tracks!

Let me know if you think of anything else