2. Level 70 - Gaudium

3. Mental Isolation - Aqualize

4. RTL Kids - Sphera & Rocky

5. Kelman Gates (Double Click Remix) - Easy Riders

6. Dimethyltryptamine (Loud Remix) - Quantize

7. Back & Forth - S-range & Major 7

8. Being Realized (Mute Remix) - Sphera

9. Night Shift - Egorythmia

Echoes Records from Israel presents a who's who in progressive trance on this compilation. I'm familiar with the work of all these guys so right off the bat the bar is set pretty high.

Wide Open- This is Liran Elkayam and Rami Shalom and it's a shot in the dark, but I imagine they are from the Holy Land. And it is my opinion that a little divine inspiration didn't hurt with this monster. You could not have picked a better name for this track. *shakes head* Impossible. Oscillating synths wash over you in waves like you were standing under a waterfall and a tumbling synthline stays the course for almost the entire 10 minutes. Strings shimmer, but it's the break where the magic happens. Huge pads waver and get louder as a melody to weep for drenches you in ecstasy. I've been excited before, but

Posted Image

but this is Kate Upton doing the cat daddy for me excited.

Unbelieveably massive. The track, not her rack. Well, both I guess.

Level 70- Andreas Wennersköld released his new album Session of Progression that is in my pile of stuff to get to. He brought his daddy's drum kit with him and the beat hits harder than an open ice body check. The break brings an evolving synth and he sticks with it on the exit. There is an unquestionable swagger which is cemented with his use of the 303 as it barks with dominance. Let's see, yep...file this one in the psy-gressive cabinet. Good one.

Mental Isolation- Vladislav Koumpatidis & Koinis Anastasios continue the more aggressive style and the break is once again the star. Smooth pads and a rolling synth line gets filtered and then continues. The only bad was that cheesetastic sample out of the break.

RTL Kids- Sphera teams up with Roy Tilbor and decides a little house groove is the way to go. At 10 and a half minutes you'll want to telephone someone to let them know where you are. Like the synth at around 4 minutes, it's floaty and something you can grab a hold of. I don't know who the RTL kids are, (Roy Tilbor loves kids...might want to alert the authorities) but I like 'em already. Yessir!

Hmmm...perhaps the phase "something you can grab a hold of" shouldn't be used with Roy Tilbor Loves Kids.

Dimethyltryptamine (Loud Remix)- "Heavy doses of dimethyltryptamine"

Posted Image

will affect your web slinging.

Chunky with spiraling descents will have the dance floor jumping I'm sure. The sample is a f*cking infomercial for LSD and he does some sample manipulation that just comes off as annoying to these ears. I'm sure if I was on LSD things would be different, but since I'm not...I bid you good day sir!

Oh you...I can't stay away from your chock full of nuts beats and you mother f*cking dimension sample.

Kelman Gates (Double Click Remix)- "Listen to me! Whatever door...you opened in my brain, I want you to shut it! Now!!!"

Ah Kevin Bacon in Stir of Echoes...very underrated movie. When asked for a comment about Footloose being remade Kevin replied, "They just keep f*cking that chicken don't they?"

This trio packs a groove lunch with them and it's got fatl beats, shimmering synths, and a chip on its shoulder. Powerful track to be sure. Lovely.

Back & Forth- People make a big deal abouta S-range, but I never got the appeal. Sue me, that's taste for ya. They got a nice soft kick working here with washes and synths that rise and fall. But I have to hand it to 'em, the way they fall into the break is satin smooth. The break itself was nice and it sets up with a nice close. Not bad gentlemen.

Being Realized (MUTe Remix)- The effects in this one are great, as they fill the space perfectly. Bubbling goa-like sounds put me in trance heaven, but you had to know that a guy that was part of Shidapu was gonna know how to bring it. Long one, but it changes enough that it never gets stale. The break at 3 and a half is a sublime peace of melody, that gets you high. I felt they ran out of gas near the end, but this one is still awesome.

Night Shift- The closer packs a futuristic feel with some hella good atmosphere. But that's what this guy does. You gotta let people do what they do.

Posted Image

This chick dry humps a fish. And she's good at it. You do you boo. You do you.

Unlike the other tracks this one has a darker quality. Synths rip and echo into the night and I just feel like the main character is up to no good. No witnesses, that's the rule. Great way to end.

Very good compilation for those that love melodic progressive with a little more edge. Recommended.

Audiojelly

Juno Download

Beatport

Mdk