Ziptnf - Obscure Alchemy [old school psytrance]

ziptnf

Posted Image

It's always nice to explore the history of a certain sound. A lot of classic tracks from the mid to late 90's are mainly goa, or goa-influenced psytrance. A lot of times I'll listen to classics sets and be bored to tears with the lack of variety in some tracks. In this mix, I play a collection of weird music from early psytrance artists that broke the mold and pushed forward a style that was just a little different than everything around them.

Note: A couple of the transitions are not so great, but it shouldn't detract hopefully. Also, if anyone is concerned about the Infected Mushroom track, think back and remember how boss Classical Mushroom was. Yeah, that's right.

Giallieni - Glum [Javelin 1995]

Star Sounds Orchestra - Washington [spirit Zone 1999]

Shaolin Wooden Men - Remember the Slime [sub Terranean 1997]

Snake Thing - Blizzard of Ooze [TIP 1998]

ECT - Mäelström [self-release, Re-mastered 2011 (Original 1999)]

Synchro - Power On [sub Terranean 1997]

B.E.T.H. - Incredible News To Access [sub Terranean 1997]

Infected Mushroom - Bust a Move [YoYo 2000]

Psychopod - Friagram (GMS Refried Gram Mix) [TIP 1998]

Enertopia - The Forehead Stories [Krembo 1998]

Benza - West into the Sun [Demon Tea 2001]

Left-click to download:

Ziptnf - Obscure Alchemy (73:34) 134.72 ~256kbps

• 2 weeks later...

Zip, I wouldn't consider the B.E.T.H. and the Synchro tracks as psytrance, its more dark goa which has more psyish and Industrial influences, but it is still goa, just my opinion ,Just didn't like the way you categorised the different styles into one genre. Anyhow very unique mix, weird mixture of things going on, I haven't heard anything of yours for ages!!!! Nice <_<

Zip, I wouldn't consider the B.E.T.H. and the Synchro tracks as psytrance, its more dark goa which has more psyish and Industrial influences, but it is still goa, just my opinion ,Just didn't like the way you categorised the different styles into one genre.

Forgive me for disagreeing, but I would consider those two tracks to be closer to psytrance than goa. Considering you know so much about classic goa, it surprises me that the fact that I included those tracks bothers you, since a majority of all 'psytrance' tracks from that time period have significant goa influences. Finding tracks that abandon all the rules that goa trance sets was very difficult, so having tracks that may identify with goa shouldn't be an issue.

Anyhow very unique mix, weird mixture of things going on, I haven't heard anything of yours for ages!!!! Nice <_<

Thanks for listening.