Pleiadians - Starseed EP

draeke

Posted Image

1. Pleiadians-Starseed - 142 Bpm 07:04

2. Pleiadians-Electra 2012. 140 Bpm 07:22

3.Pleiadians-Asterope-Etnica rmx - 140 Bpm 08:35

The Pleiadians need no introduction, but for anyone who is new around here let's just say they redefined the psychedelic trance sound in the year '96 with the creation of some of the still most praised mind-blowing sci-fi oriented tracks. During the years their sound evolved as the technologies developed and the production standards raised and today they are presenting their newest opus, the Starseed EP.

The title track, Starseed, is deep and intense, it teleports you out there and sounds just about perfect, the way proper goa trance year 2012 should sound, psychedelic and modern at the same time. There are loads of reminiscences to the oldschool tracks and this is something that fans wanted for a long time. Finally a track that would work well on any dance-floor, be it oriented to the past of looking towards the future.

Electra 2012 is the BOMB here, this track contains the essence of the Pleiadians energy and it will instantly hook you. Can't you remember the beaches in Goa or Bali back then? When you were dancing under the stars like there is no tomorrow? Well that's exactly how you feel while listening to this track, or at least that is what I felt. I had a deja-vu the first time I heard this and I thought, where am I? Is it 2012 or did I travel back in time? Well I am glad I am still into the present and that I can enjoy this fantastic track. The production is just crystal clear and the melodies are wonderful, so let this track take you far out there and dream.

Asterope (Etnica Remix) is another jewel, it sounds fantastic, similar but yet different from the original version, just awesome. Melodies haunting and chasing you, so let the music flow and be prepared for a wonderful trip.

As always, support the artists: purchase their music and go see them live, it's very well worth it.

http://pleiadians.ba...ans-starseed-ep

I just listened tracks on bandcamp and I must say that I'm happy with new Pleiadians release, it sounds much more melodic than their previous album and few tracks released. Starseed track is a BOMB!

Indeed, starseed is very good stuff!

In my opinion, just wanted to hear the kick a bit deeper and warmer; still: pretty solid stuff :)

Tracks is deep and mystical (nice), always in for a nice story telling.

On 3:24 I heard again why I adore Etnica so much :) - thx guys!!!

Break on 4:06 has the right angle and not cliché building up.

On only 4:40 I don't kinda like the upcomming sound to take track to a peeking moment, returning on 5:08.

5:34; again that nice nice mystical stuff.

OKé: Fucking :)Asterope; if concidfering the live rmx, I thought I was going to be extremally dissapointed having to hear this...I was wrong (whaaaat?): the 2nd reason why Etnica is (and certainly was) great, is/was...was????, no way....is the subtle tension they can build in tracks, pulling you in and out the atmosphere....well they succeeded to my suprise(?): so you're looking at a happy man now :)

Though the kick is - imo - to shallow, not deep-warm-bouncy enough; a bit to cliché full on? Hear for yourself.

But, track kept the flow and mysterious fun halo arround the original: me love you long time <3

Electra; electric, electronic, electrical: who cares, the track is here (trance dance modus activated): massive intro, atmosphere... I quote "the matrix".... "AGAIN!" (and more)....because it loses that modus later a bit (again, imo).

Too bad this track could really convince me; still, what an autro sound, on 7:08; fuck - wanted to see this implemented more in the track, in a melody sound...maybe? (another) rmx - lol! (what similey does "lol" enough?)

General: worth a buy, atmospegres's good, solid, but that kick - made me cry...but again "who am i?"

Oké: gonna buy it....

Posted Image

Artist: Pleiadians

Title: Starseed EP

Label: Self Released

Date: May, 2012

1. Starseed

2. Electra 2012

3. Asterope (Etnica Remix)

New Pleiadians you say?

Posted Image

Classic masters of goa trance return with a short 3 track EP. A quick look and I notice one new track and 2 remixes. Hmmm...

Starseed- Ominous pads and bubbling synths open for a galloping bassline and at first glance it sounds like old Xerox from the Battleship days. But when they get back to the goa roots a new portal is opened up with changing lead sounds and melodies. Looks like their time away hasn't affected their 303 wielding ability either. Good track.

Electra 2012- Hmm, there was a track with the same name on some album back in 97...what was it? ;) Whatever the name of that album (don't think anyone has heard it) the original was one of those select tracks that define the genre of goa trance. Shouldn't be touched. This is where my opinion diverges with Draeke. This is a full-on version of an absolute classic that reminds me of the crap Astral Projection tries to pull. Is it bad? Of course not. As a matter of fact, I liked the mini break, but I don't think it's very special. Actually a boring toned down version.

Asterope (Etnica Remix)- Here's where I agree with Penzo, what's with the f*cking galloping bass lines? You guys are better than this. Or at least you used to be. The atmosphere creation is still top notch as evidenced by the break that bores into your soul. Lovely.

Yeah, uh...how bout no? Don't get me wrong, I love the Pleiadians and they are responsible for some of the most mind blowing tracks out there. Best ever even. But this doesn't live up to their past work in my opinion. If I wanted full-on remixes of classic goa tracks I would listen to whatever Astral is putting out. Or not putting out (how many prophecy remixes are we up to?). Don't mean to bitch, because they deserve much respect, but this fell a bit short for me. Starseed...you betcha. The rest?

Bandcamp

Mdk

Just as most people here I have mixed feeling about this ep.

starseed- my least favorite of the album. The melodies are average, the lead synth sound is average...

electra- Doesn't have shit on the origional but it sounds alright I guess

asterope- whats with the galloping baselines everywhere ??!?!?

• 2 weeks later...

To put it short:

Starseed has mediocre melodical qualities. It's something that makes people dance on festivals, no doubt, but it's sad to see big guns making tracks that sound like their only purpose is to please some irregular party goers who want to hear easy digestible melodies and that "good old" rolling bassline.

I'm on a bit of a bad mood today so sorry for rant but...

Oh, Asterope and Electra rmxes? I don't want to suffocate you with more bad energy so let's just say... Beh.

• 3 months later...

This is good fullon.

With 7even Sister7 they created fullon that was more goa minded compared to other morning fullon,

tracks like "I believe" and "galactic" did great but the baseline was a bit repetitive in the entire album.

In this EP that's not the case. The baseline is more variated, a bit stronger and the melodies are more mature.

Well done!