Introduction to Psytrance

Ormion

I created these videos as a plan to attract more people in psynews. It's 21 videos in total each one contains samples from 9 tracks (both old and new of each genre) and some basic info in the video description.

I know that many will disagree with the choice of some subgenres or the selection of some tracks, but keep in mind it's totally based in my personal opinion.

I just wanted to share it with you.

Link for the whole playlist:

Individual links:

Very handy.

A few suggestions if you still have another boatload of free time to spare:

- Track list and timed links in the description.

- Maybe a short list of famous artists and/or labels for each genre. Discogs links might be nice too as a starting point for browsing.

Oh, and "space samples" to goa. Eastern, drug-related and space/sci-fi samples. They're all equally essential. :P

Very handy.

A few suggestions if you still have another boatload of free time to spare:

- Track list and timed links in the description.

- Maybe a short list of famous artists and/or labels for each genre. Discogs links might be nice too as a starting point for browsing.

Oh, and "space samples" to goa. Eastern, drug-related and space/sci-fi samples. They're all equally essential. :P

Nice suggestions. I will start today with these. Thanks. :)

If you're taking suggestions, how about including links where one can buy (or download if the release is free) along with the tracklists? Also, how about mentioning the year of release alongside track titles?

Yeah great work Ormion! :D How much time did u spend on it? if u don't mind me asking ;)

About a week for all the videos.

If you're taking suggestions, how about including links where one can buy (or download if the release is free) along with the tracklists? Also, how about mentioning the year of release alongside track titles?

About the year I will definitely do it. I wonder why I didn't think about it.

About the links many of the tracks are really old and almost impossible to buy anymore (on cd at least), but I will look into it,

Thanks for the suggestions.

• 1 year later...