Posted Image

Artist: Helber Gun

Title: From Another Planet EP

Label: Iono Music

Date: January, 2012

1. From Another Planet

2. Angel Eyes (Helber Gun Remix) - Flegma & Nerso

3. Land of 2 Suns (Helber Gun Remix) - Aqualize

"If suddenly there was a threat to this world from some other species from another planet...."

Well, we would probably form a committee that would decide whether or not to investigate the possibility of malicious intent by the visitors. Of course the Democrats would want to pay for it by closing tax loopholes for wealthy corporations. After the Republicans shot that down, they would introduce their own measure organizing a commission, but they would slide in a provision that says all homosexuals must be herded into an internment camp so they could...ahem...pray the gay away.

Posted Image

Does nothing work? Can no one just sac up and do the right thing?

Ah...yes. Iono Music is the leader in melodic and atmospheric progressive trance and somehow they find artists who compose their style of music. Or it's a third Reich kinda discipline to keep them employees goosestepping in time. You know those Germans...zey love zee order.

So what we have here is a collaboration between Zonka and Blue Grow...what the...are those people? Sounds like strains of weed.

If it is weed sign me up for a bong or 20. Holy f*cking atmosphere, this is the definition of lush. Effects ripple and pop, as the title track seems to bubble and climb. There are nice changes of tempo and relevant samples that don't make me want to rip my pubes out. Made by aliens for sure.

The next two tracks are remixes. Their version of Angel Eyes has a shiny coat of polish that your grandma wishes she got on her silver. The original track from the Carrots and Stick compilation was a laid back groover with great effects, but this is bigger and more full....bolder. It is more aggressive and it shimmers. If the original was the smooth caress of a lover, then this was pull her hair like you were mounting a flying beast in Avatar.

Their take on Land of 2 Suns from the Beat Generation 2 compilation just seemed...what's the word. I know...louder. Didn't thrill me.

Iono continues to hit home runs. Pretty good EP if you love melodic progressive.

Beatport

Mdk