Title: The Dream EP

Label: Enlight Records

Date: March, 2012

1. Stillness (Intro)

2. Faint Evolution

3. Ooze In My Eyes

4. Future Memories

5. Neuroleptic Tales

It's getting harder and harder to find time to do reviews so when a request is made I do everything I can to provide one. This is the debut EP by Dan Flict and Werther Azevedo two gentlemen from the land of thongs and Carnivale. Looking at the cover you got a train track winding around a tree with multiple doors as Grimace and Amelia Earhart take a spin in a rail car that was made by that guy in my shop class. Yeah, you don't know him, but he gets visitors on the weekends.

So the cover adequately represents the title, but what about the music? To me, this is what you get when you put Talpa, Tim Burton, and some crazy Finnish guys in a blender. It is so remarkably deep that there is no way you can digest this in one sitting. Case in point, he asked me to do this a month and a half ago. It takes the road less traveled so like the Griswolds it takes f*cking forever to get there. But sit back and enjoy this ride. There is an eerie quality (Talpa) that is present throughout and reminds me of A Nightmare Before Christmas. So many changes of direction it really invites you into the dream. Just when you think you know where it's going it takes a turn that is anything but cliche. This is to psytrance what Paul's Boutique was to rap in the eighties.

Posted Image

RIP MCA.

This isn't about power, but about the journey. A wonderful trip that was a joy to follow that I will liken to classical music. It has jazzy elements, an outer space feel at times, and just loads of character. Throw in the fact that it was free...well, could there be anything more awesome?

Posted Image

Ha! Got you Suge, you bloated motherf*cker. Got you. Thought you could hide in Japan? So like...are we cool now?

Link

Mdk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WOW

Just listened to this (3x in a row) for the first time. This is what psychedelic music should be. It's so layered and unpredictable yet somehow really easy to get in to. All sorts of great trippy sounds coming at your from all directions too. This is definitely the best thing I've heard this year. :D

To me, this is what you get when you put Talpa, Tim Burton, and some crazy Finnish guys in a blender

That must be why I love it so much. I'm a big fan of Suomi, Talpa, and Tim Burton too. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

this might be one of the best ep's i've ever heard!! all tracks are twisted, funky and melodic in-your-face-journeys. there's not even one minute which sounds like another, always evolving, changing and twirling around, and when you think you reached a climax, it turns into another direction. gives you multiple goosebumps and huge smiles. rarely a cover described the music as good as here. u love diverse unpredictable music - TRY !!