hallucinogen, younger brother, shpongle, complicated stuff please

quantumrider

hey guys,

has this been asked a million times before?

could you please give me some suggestions? I have been listening to hallucinogen, younger brother,

and shpongle for ages, I am hoping someone could give me some suggestions for similiar(better? new?) tracks that are just as complicated and complex if not more so... I can't go back to simple stuff and I don't have time to try to sift through miriad of choices out there to find those little needles in the haystack... those masterpieces like the ones I listen to now... help please...

TYVMIA

yeah i think they have an album.....

they are really good had the plasure see them live in israel 1 time :)

Shpongle -> Entheogenic, Globular, Yggdrasil

Hallucinogen -> Artha

Younger Brother -> Radiohead

Enjoy!

+1

For Hallucinogen sound check also M.E.E.O. and Space Cat's first album.

Albums you should check out....

Doof - Lets Turn On

Talamasca - Beyond The Mask

1200 Micrograms - 1200 Micrograms

Astral Projection - Trust In Trance

Ambient stuff...

Bluetech - Prima Materia

Kliment - The Perpetual Ritual

For me Simon Posford's music is in one hand and the whole psytrance music on the other.

But if I have to suggest then I will say Solar Fields, especially movements album.

and the new one is really good too.

MEEO and Space Cat's first album sounds like Hallucinogen but its not.

If solar fields was not the type you were looking for then I would suggest OZRIC TENTACLES.

I have listened to Hallucionogen Live more than 5-6 times and the only follow up artist that could still be psychedelic on the dance floor after him was Kindzaza.

thanks guys so much for all suggestions!!!! keep them coming cause so far nothing comes close... =)

to give you an idea, when I go to sleep or ride a subway to shoots from shoots I put on either a pair of DT 770 Pro(with gel cups) or Westone 3 Universal Fit 3-Way In-Ear and listen to mostly Shpongle... especially at night, this I think allows me to come up with some insanely cool ideas when I wake up =)

You can try listening to psy-amb. There are 46 episodes at the moment of writing plus some radio extras, each containing 1-2 hours of quite enjoyable psychill. It's hard to predict, what counts as brilliant for each listener so dive in, sample a lot and spot a favourite. A large chunk of important releases over years are covered there. I've found plenty. Besides, even the not-so-brilliant stuff makes good background muzak. The articles and interviews are often worth a read too.

(A Posford interview was posted today. :o )

• 2 weeks later...

thanks to all of you guys!

let me ask you something else... in your opinion these days which would be the most complex the most elaborate albums or tracks? I need more stimulation =) these days I solve insanely complex problems in my sleep, usually after I wake up I can only recall some of the specifics only, a lot of it ends up in my film ideas and scenarios to be worked on in the future, I need more complexity!!! =)

thanks to all of you guys!

let me ask you something else... in your opinion these days which would be the most complex the most elaborate albums or tracks? I need more stimulation =) these days I solve insanely complex problems in my sleep, usually after I wake up I can only recall some of the specifics only, a lot of it ends up in my film ideas and scenarios to be worked on in the future, I need more complexity!!! =)

Try some Derango

Here's a couple of tracks you might want to consider.

You may already have these two:

> Alan Parsons & Shpongle - Antarctica (VA - Everlasting)

> Alan Parsons / Shpongle / David Gilmour - Return To Tunguska (A Valid Path)

Here's a few other tracks that are somewhat similar to Shpongle:

> Androcell - Night Sorceress (Entheomythic)

> Androcell - Higher Circuit Experience (Entheomythic)

> The Kumba Mela - Himalayan Dub (VA - Elucidations)

> Illuminus [Hux Flux JV] - Titanium Rain (VA - Global Goa Trance Network)

• 2 weeks later...

Best free album heard in ages. Reminds me of Shpongle, Ott and the likes. Very worth anyone's while. Even though I reckon psybient is very out of style, this is still excellent music. Did I say it's free? It is! Download away and enjoy!

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/globular-a-self-fulfilling-prophecy