My monitors are hissing.

Does this mean they need to be fixed or is it just the inevitable hiss from not having proper shielding/could they be too close to power chords? This hiss is quiet and slightly louder in one speaker and adjusting monitor volume makes the hiss/hum louder. The speakers still sound crisp and clean once i play some music. They are M-audio BX8as

I'm not familiar with those particular monitors, but it may be normal for them. All amplifiers have noise, poorly designed amplifiers will have more, and if you have them in a quiet environment and turned up loud you may just be hearing the normal circuit noise. Externally produced noise probably won't sound exactly like hiss, and is unlikely to be the culprit anyway.

If the hissing is new and you've had the monitors for a while, maybe it can be fixed. I'd contact M-Audio tech support and see what they say.

I'm not familiar with those particular monitors, but it may be normal for them. All amplifiers have noise, poorly designed amplifiers will have more, and if you have them in a quiet environment and turned up loud you may just be hearing the normal circuit noise. Externally produced noise probably won't sound exactly like hiss, and is unlikely to be the culprit anyway.

If the hissing is new and you've had the monitors for a while, maybe it can be fixed. I'd contact M-Audio tech support and see what they say.

I guess thats what i'll do. thanks for the info

• 1 month later...