Ancient Core - Ancient Seeds of Awareness EP

Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: Ancient Core

Title: Ancient Seeds of Awareness EP

Label: Astronautic Records

Date: April, 2012

01 - Living On A Pale Blue Dot (feat. Agni) (102 BPM)

02 - Sacred Joint Venture (90 BPM)

03 - Forgive & Love (104 BPM)

This guy's from Romania. I didn't even think they had electricity. I mean, I know they do, but I thought it was all hamster related. Me being a dick aside, this is this gentleman's debut and it's quite interesting. First lets immerse ourselves in the beauty that is the cover. It's fantastic and the work of Swaroop Guhathakurta.

Must...fight...stereotype...grow the...f*ck up.

Beautiful artwork. But you can search the intarwebz for that, how's the tunes?

Living on a Pale Blue Dot is marvelous downtempo with plenty of twists and turns as well as a copious amount of layers to dig through. Eerie melodies and a hefty beat don't hurt either. And that's when he gets all crazy on you. Like endless samples that run through most of the track? I know! Me neither, but that's what you get with this Sacred Joint Venture. Meh, just as well the music itself really didn't impress me anyway.

Forgive and Love gets all Buddhist on you. Chanting at the foot of the Himalayas with dubby bass and guitar strumming as melody riffs float by. With the same guitar strumming it's just sounds placed over top. Not impressed.

Well, it seems he shot his load with the artwork and the first track. The other two don't offer much, but the first one was so good that I'm curious to see what he does down the road.

Ektoplazm

Mdk

• 2 weeks later...