Title: The Omega Point

Label: Neogoa

Date: April, 2012

1. PHARAOM - Rainbow Project

2. SIAM - Colorful Expansion

3. NOVA FRACTAL - Connect

4. TRINODIA - Deceive My Eyes

5. INNERSELF - Modules

6. AGNETON - Wizards From The Future (Afterlife Remix)

7. ARRONAX - The Dark Flow

8. SOMNESIA - Eternal Life

9. PSYRIUS - Draconid (Imba's Be My Light Remix)

Posted Image

After reviewing the absolutely awful Dynamic album (yeah I know it's my own fault. Blind people told me to get the hell out of the way.) I attempted to throw myself down the deepest hole I could imagine where escape was all but impossible. So you can imagine my surprise when God called to me from the internet parting the sea of bits and bytes...Ok, it was actually Richpa who said, f*ck it, here are some wave files, have fun! Seeing a release from Neogoa is like the LOTR scene where the Balrog falls into the chasm and just when you think Gandalf made it out....BAM! He plummets into some new goa freshness. But instead of fighting for my life against an evil minion from the underworld I get to immerse myself in twisted goa melodies that this netlabel was known for. The tracklist is more impressive than the ability of a fat man and 12 reindeer to deliver all the presents in one evening.

Posted Image

"Sorry Detroit, looks like we'll be spending a little more time in Mexico this year!"

So while label head Ivan Richpa has devoted the lion's share of his time to Graviton Records he still wanted to keep Neogoa alive. Mastered by the guy who seems to master everything, Igor Ceranic (aka Deimos) is on sound quality while Ivan did the artwork. Pleasing to the eye, no? One thing you'll notice by looking at the liner notes is the varied countries that are represented here. It's like a f*cking Benneton ad. More the merrier I say.

What you get are 9 varied tracks that should do the trick. Frenchman Oswald Pfeiffer opens with a great track with an even greater intro sample. Unified theory and teleportation are the keywords but it's the numerous evolving and twisting melodies that unfurl like a flag in a hurricane that garner the most attention.

I've heard a couple of tracks by John Pitsakis before, but I think this is the first one he's actually released. Good for him, he's talented. It's more of a progressive sounding goa track that takes a while to get on its giddy up, but once it gets going it's a nice bit of sunshine.

Nova Fractal is Renato Brnic from Croatia who delivers one of the stronger efforts here complete with breakbeat (I love you...squeal!) and moody atmosphere. Reminds me of Filtertraces. Not a stormer, but a track that you can melt into.

Has their been a faster rising star than this guy? This Daniel Eldstrom from Sweden and I remember him working with Miraculix in his psytrance days, but he has really come into his own in the goa medium. This is the track for me, as it absolutely slays. Spiritual, grandiose, and just manhandles anything within reach. What a great sample also.

Posted Image

"Oh yeah, you like that? You want some more? Hold up...what is that? Is that...is that a Ho-Ho? Gimme dat f*ckin' ho-ho! Mines b*tch! Uh! Uh! Like Lionel Richie we can do this all night long!"

Kristian Petkovski from Macedonia unfortunately has to follow that so it's not all his fault. He is also right before the 2nd best track on the comp so perhaps he is just a victim of poor placement. It's not bad, but when you are the meat of the sandwich you better be more than spam.

Elias comes in at a close second to Trinodia here as he does what he usually does. Crazy melody heavy goa with a kiss of nitzho. The lead is a scorcher so don't forget the sunscreen.

Posted Image

"Nah it's ok baby, you can pet me...I'm like a teddy bear. Yeah...that's it."

Mirza Aljic from Bosnia Hersa...Herca...Bosnia is set to release his debut album on Graviton and I cannot wait. Now he brings an abrasive lead over the top while the surrounding gurgling flows without restraint. You might like it. You might not. Public Enemy had a sound that was like this and that camp was divided as well. I'm not saying he is as legendary as PE. Not yet. But he's got intense melodies that keep changing sounds, always seem to be building to the knockout blow.

Posted Image

Good God he is hideous. You do realize he was part of one of the most revolutionary rap groups right? Know how hard it is to find evidence of that little Gremlin dancing around?

Christophe Grossel from France is the third best track for me here, but loses out only by a fraction. Dancing melodies with a great break that really pull you in. It really is a deep tour de force that is absolutely hypnotic and powerful. Superb.

Posted Image

Knock knock motherf*cker, there's a new sherrif in town.

Posted Image

The liner notes say this is Psynews own Nikola Petrovic from Serbia to close things out with a downtempo joint, but with the racing scales I could swear it's keyboard cat. Waitaminute...maybe Nikola is keyboard cat. You clever kitty, suck them in with cuteness and then drop your goa bombs on em all! Truthfully I don't have any proof that he is keyboard cat, but I also don't have anything disproving it. Either way its mystical, ethinc sounding slowness warms the skin.

And there you have it, goa awesomeness served up the Neogoa way. Quality tunes with an unbeatable price tag. Several styles are represented so there should be something here for everyone. Unless you're into rap goa, and I haven't heard any of that yet. I don't think Flav is working...he would do it. That motherf*cker would do anything for a few scheckels. Hey if we can get a Croat and a Serb together on one compilation perhaps there is hope for this little mudball yet. Get your goa on!

Ektoplazm

Mdk

Mr. Mike, thanks for your nice review, it was my pleasure to forward you some wave files before the release date (ain't gonna shit you here, Mike got privilege 'cause he has been part of our project from the very beginning and he wrote a bunch of reviews for old defunct Neogoa website).

Just few words regarding this section mark:

Unless you're into rap goa, and I haven't heard any of that yet. I don't think Flav is working...he would do it. That motherf*cker would do anything for a few scheckels. Hey if we can get a Croat and a Serb together on one compilation perhaps there is hope for this little mudball yet. Get your goa on!

Rap-Goa? Sounds sweeeeet <3

Afaik, Imba and I are both 120% into goa-trance and that is the most important thing. He already promoted some croatian projects and I promoted serbian projects aswell and both of our countries are well-connected regarding trance music and festival-gatherings, no matter the fact that some ugly shit happened in past times, so please guys avoid such a topics in futher discussions. Future Architecrue was a just a first step into mergining vision and productivity of Neogoa and UAF Records, now our second compilation which will include some of the best artists from slavic countries will just show and present our true herritage and origins in best possible way to all goa-trance lovers!

Great review for a great compilation. Though I liked the 1st half of the album best - PharaOm and Siam tracks are jewels. Loved the basslines and melodies. The 2nd half is a little bit nitz, which is not my pie, but the tracks are amazing. Good job guys!

Afaik, Imba and I are both 120% into goa-trance and that is the most important thing. He already promoted some croatian projects and I promoted serbian projects aswell and both of our countries are well-connected regarding trance music and festival-gatherings, no matter the fact that some ugly shit happened in past times

i have to add, i released @ UAF, & it was no f...ng problem @ all! and if it all goes well from now u will have both serbs and croats playing back to back in october @ connection festival in spain hahahah :D

MDK, u could say as well weve got serbians, croats and bosnians on same each compilation and it would have even stronger effect :D

but like richpa said, there is no need to point at this - we are all musiclovers in first place and great people as i could see from last year and half for how long i know this crew..

all the best wishes to this compilation, it is really badass kicking artwork from all aspects!

Our labels are without national boundaries. As Richpa said we had problems before but we are working together, releasing each sides and we really don't even think that could be a problem. Most world know about conflict about Serbia and Albania and i released albanian guy. Whole Serbia hate Albania and inversely, but we forgot everything now.

And soon i UAF will back with EP from very croatian artists, and that will be suprise :)

• 4 weeks later...