Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: Chronos

Title: Space Sweets & Logical Beats EP

Label: Soundmute Recordings

Date: December, 2011

1. Free Falling

2. Space Cake

Nikita Klimenko is back with a short 2 track EP. Those of you well versed in the downtempo arena are no doubt already familiar with the work of this project. I thought it was just Nick, but Discogs tells me that he now has a partner. Of course whoever entered this EP gave credit to three guys that sound like they head up a Mexican law firm. Steps to the Great Knowledge from 2007 was quite good and their collaboration with C.J. Catalizer on Quid Est Veritas was even better. Their new album Ispirational Power is out now so it's on my list. What? He just released a two part album this year? Prolific somebody isn't he? One thing I noticed is that the cover is the same as Inspirational Power, just a different color. So I guess these are two that didn't make the cut. If they were on the album, I would've felt pretty stupid paying for tracks that are on an album I plan to buy anyway.

Free Falling- Is a high speed outer space track with synth arpeggios flying over fast percussive tappings. When the kick arrives things seem to slow down as we land in a green lush forest that is wet with dew. Melodic and relaxing even with the rapid tempo.

Space Cake- When you distort a vocal sample in that manner, you cannot help but feel that we are in a futuristic cyber world. Love it. A world where new technology meets old world spiritualism. Effects all find their place behind the melody lines and fit together seamlessly as the dubby bass pounds away. There's a lot to listen to in a Shpongle type of way.

Enjoyable, but almost all of his music is. Layers and melody with oodles of atmosphere. Really can't wait to listen to more tunes by him.

Beatport

Mdk