Which artist/group has the best lead synths?

Ormion

I'm not an expert on this but...

From new school, I fucking LOVE Sky Input Synths. They're so raw and spacey. Also Radical Distortions acid/rattle is awesome but it is not utilized to its full potential imo.

From old school, of course MFG all albums. The first two are more nitzo and then it just gets radical!

I'd definitely go with IM for best high-tech sounds. Crossing Mind has some really good silky smooth psychedelic sounds. Lately I've gotten a couple Voice of Cod albums, and they've got some nice IM-ish lead sounds, but more psychedelic and less techy.

I'm not an expert on this but...

From new school, I fucking LOVE Sky Input Synths. They're so raw and spacey. Also Radical Distortions acid/rattle is awesome but it is not utilized to its full potential imo.

Agree with both btw...

Yep, the synths on Sky Input are badass, especially on Galactic Rays.

But Artifact303 delivers also, if not better, amazing lead synth sounds on Back To Space.

But then again, no matter what question you ask, my answer will almost always be Artifact303. :D

Older Goa definitely Etnica/Pleiadians... Although Tsuyoshi's leadsynths are pretty nice as well. And GnotR's too, albeit a bit harsh sometimes, but gut-rockingly good!

In newer Goa I'd have to go with Artifact303 as well... Ra's are nice too though.

Edit: How could I forget M-Run?? Really curious about his debut-album!

Man With No Name got great sense for good and striking melodies, however I'm not biggest fan of his works and topic is about sound-wise lead synths, so I'll go with Pleiadians/Etnica stuff. Their melodies are more psychedelic and they got, hmmm, trademark sound and that's something that you can't find just like that. I have to mention also few others: Astral Projection, Prana, BPC, Hallucinogen, MFG, Infected Mushroom, etc.

From newer producers, except Filteria there are also projects such as Sky Technology, Artha, Astrancer...and I like their type of sound for melodic parts of their tracks.

Etnica for sure.

And a name not mentioned so often: Semsis. They had a distinct sound in 96/97.

Ah yes!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAiTXxzQ47s

Filteria, really? I find his lead synths pretty boring, soundwise.

I love the rawness of Sky Input synths. Heliopolis had some nice ones, too.

No other synths have made my hair stand up like Sky Input had. It was like orgasms in my ear.

No other synths have made my hair stand up like Sky Input had. It was like orgasms in my ear.

+1

They're definitely raw & in-your-face, but that's why I find them boring. No nuance.