4. Return of the source

5. Release your self (Dynamic rmx)

6. Tripple Mode

7. Rock It - Dynamic and Waio

8. Make Me (Dynamic ReMake) - Dynamic and Space Cat

9. Do it again - Dynamic and Automack

Posted Image

Really, do I need to elaborate?

First of all, I hate to be mean. I do. This is obviously someones work that they put a lot of time in to create. But since I am a sarcastic bastard substitute "work" with half assery and replace "lot of " with zero and I think what we have is a more accurate picture of this album. This is Ben Avital and Shay Elmakaies with their sixth (how the f*ck does that happen?) album and I'm sorry to say one of their worst efforts. I was there for Dynamix which wasn't bad. Sure it was full-on , but it was also one of my first introductions to this music. And yes, the quality (don't laugh) began to dip with Dynamic Sound and by the time Acid Beat came around, their soul had been sold 5 times over. Their remixes album wasn't that bad, but I propose that was because other artists cleaned up their mess and polished a turd.

So why is this suckalicious? Ridiculous samples, incessant buildups, stops and starts, guitar...the list of generic full-on cliche's is long. Is psytrance so deep and complex that this team feels the need to dumb it down? A shame really, because they clearly have the talent to make good music but instead choose to take the easy way out and appeal to the least common denominator. If you liked this, then I am sorry you are that denominator. I was hoping they would shock the world and come out with a dark twilight ripper, but I guess I might as well have hoped for a free iPad.

It gets my vote for one of the worst albums I've heard in quite some time. House music is embarrassed to listen to this.

Not linking to it. It's the least I can do for the well being of the genre.

Mdk