Ektoplazm dead?

PSYDUDE

I couldn't find anywhere Basilisk statement that he's quiting with work on Ektoplazm, as far as I know he's now on a trip over the Asia and Europe in summer and after that he will post announcement about Ektoplazm. I'm sure that Ektoplazm as a website and good soruce for quality music will survive but that is based on my own wishes, let us see what will Basilisk decide in upcoming months.

Thanks... I hope to post a proper announcement of what changes to expect in the near future. I've already started out on my travels (just arrived in Koh Phangan now) and it's been difficult to collect all my thoughts into something that makes sense. There is so much that has been left unsaid... anyhow, I may very well continue the project in some capacity but for now I need to travel and figure things out. I'm also curious to find out how much support I might receive while travelling... on some level I wonder if I am a fool to consider dedicating the next phase of my life to psytrance culture if I can't even get a decent gig here and there while paying my own airfare! This is one reason my travels this year will bring me to Koh Phangan, Goa, and then Europe for summer festival season, all of which I have never experienced before. I need to see this culture up close (I've mostly only experienced it through the Internet thus far) to really know if I should move forward with this rather ambitious plan I've concocted behind the scenes...

In the meantime the site will stay live and the downloads will continue as long as I can pay the bills. It's close to USD$250 per month for just hosting expenses so please feel welcome to drop a tip in the jar.

One other note: as long as I can reach a decent broadband connection in my travels there will probably be a few special releases posted... some projects I've committed to were not quite finished by the time I left for Asia but I still mean to get those online one way or another.

The end is (hopefully) not yet.

This is what Basilisk posted on isratrance today. So yeah, nothing is decided. Let's all hope for the best.

Have a wonderful trip, Basilisk.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't been more forthcoming with what is going on... I feel a bit foolish making a post that boils down to "I'm not so sure what the future holds." What I can say is that yes, I am travelling, and this does not allow me to transfer large amounts of data necessary to keep the site updated. I will, however, go to extraordinary lengths to get at least one album posted before long (and it's a big one). Stay tuned for more...

Didn't this thread happen 3 weeks ago or am I just getting insane de ja vu?

edit: thought so. Topics merged into the most recent as the previous topic had fizzled out

edit 2: woohoo for not being dead :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...