Title: Timeless: Re Run EP

Label: Digital Nature Records

Date: January, 2012

1. Run Away (Invisible Reality rmx)

2. Run Away (Monolock rmx)

3. Attention (Solaris Vibe rmx)

4. Run Away (Helber Gun rmx)

5. Run Away (Disco Junks rmx)

Digital Nature is a new Israeli label founded by Mr. Etic and Mr. Aerospace with the intention of producing music up and down the electronic spectrum. In the promo for Psyshop the words brilliant, superb, hottest, and unique were used to describe this EP. I'm sure that I am not the only one who feels that our hyperbolic use of these terms are a little out of control. Frequently we find some dumb redneck jumping off the roof of his singlewide labelled as awesome or some wailing depressive hipster crap being called brilliant.

Posted Image

Let's be honest this is f*cking brilliant. By the way, how do I get on that game show?

So when reading these oftentimes grammatically challenged blurbs you have to take it with a grain of salt. I haven't heard the original so the 4 remixes for me can be judged on their own. Is this going to make you throw away that new Nerso album? Is it going to make you stop listening to goa trance? Uh, no. No it won't. Hell I don't even think it is that unique. It's groovy progressive with some great melodies and atmosphere. But I can get that anywhere. This was good but far from the end all and be all of electronic music. And at $7.50 for 4 remixes of the same song and one original track, well I think my money can be better spent elsewhere. If I had to pick my faves, it would be the last two. Really liked the nasty bass in the Disco Junks. Funky. Goes well with that chick's booty motion as well.

But that's just me. Maybe you've been dying for the Disco Junks remix of Run Away. I like that name. If I got another dog I think I would name it Disco.

Beatport

Psyshop

Mdk