6. Old Man

PAKMAN

7. Power System

SUBSISTENCE

8. Cosmic Coffe

TACIT

9. Dia De Chuva

AUSTRALOPTHECUS

A Mexican label brings you 100% Brazilian progressive trance. A lot of money must have changed hands if you could pry these artists away from Carnivale. Most of them are unfamiliar to me, but that's fun. Like going to see a magic show

Posted Image

Oh man, I hope this turns out better.

Fowling Peace- "Everything's evolving."

It's a bouncing track with searching bass sweeps. Sure it doesn't have a lot of melodies or twists and turns, but it does have an organic quality that grabs you. Sounds very earthy and full.

Physical Disorientation- One of the projects I am familiar with produces a track that is everything I like about progressive trance. A consistent swing with lots of melody and far reaching effects that floats as if time was standing still. Pretty dreamy.

Nebulosa- "We know it's hard to acţept yourselves as vibrational. But it's easier to accept yourselves as emotional."

Another great track that fills each space with percussive echoes and synth riffs. It's rich in sunshine and floaty vibes, shimmering like the sun.

Ultimatum- Thinking man's progressive here. At first I thought it was pretty light, but that break really opened things up for me. It also changed direction whilst keeping the flow intact. I imagine this is less about dancing and more about pondering the universe.

Gone Without Saying- This is the other project I know and he flies on the lighter, housier skies of trance. Still uses the same tricks like washes but add vocal hits as well. Nice, but nothing earth shattering.

Old Man- One of my favorites. The bass sweeps get me every time. It's another fairly simple track that is put together well. Shimmering leads balance it out as more synth hits give it a wide open appeal. Not overloaded just driving.

Power System- This track has an electric feel that corresponds to its title. The lead sounds like a live wire that threatens as big washes tumble down. Another cool thing is the leads themselves add a percussive element to the mix.

Cosmic Coffe- Cosmic Coffe?

Posted Image

Oh...I see what you did there! Guess it won't be long until Starbucks puts a very weak and mass produced version on the market. I swear, those stores are like herpes...outbreaks all over the place. This is a drifting piece with echoing effects that accumulate as the tracks progresses. Nice breaks as well along with shiny synth runs. Sweet.

Dia De Chuva- I can't tell you how many times I've sat down and played the tabla during a thunderstorm. Well, I'll tell you...it rhymes with hero. But that's exactly what's happening here, with a slow bounce and a melody composed of sadness. Some cool alien sounding effects escape from the rainforest but then it morphs into a faster tempo complete with a very ethnic lead. Which I really don't like. Meh, can't please everyone.

Next time leave the snake charmer at home.

Congratulations to these guys on a very good compilation. With the exception of the last track, this was full of very good progressive tunes that followed a winning formula. Not too heavy, but still melodic and dancey. Good time music.

Psyshop

Beatspace

Goa Store

Mdk