Title: Badass EP

Label: Disasterpeace Records

Date: January, 2012

1. Badass

2. Dangerous Conditions

3. Work My Magic

4. In It

Posted Image

Holy sh*t. What the f*ck happened here? This the same chick that sang Genie in the Bottle? Apparently there was also a Pizza Hut franchise in there. What the hell was your wish, lifetime supply of cheesy breadsticks?

*Puts finger to ear to hear producers*

This just in we are going with live video that has just come into us of Ms. Aguilera on a rampage at a New Jersey Nets game.

Posted Image

"Oh the humanity! She's insatiable!"

Once an incredible talent, Ms. Aguilera now spends countless hours at various drive thrus using the voice to "King Size it" and whining when told she cannot put a frosty on a Wendy's triple. Rumor has it that anyone not making the cut on her team must report immediately to a giant deep fryer where they will be promptly sodomized with a stick so she can snack on you like a corn dog. I have no proof of that, but you know, it sounds perfectly plausible.

Xatrik is Greg Hamber from South Africa, the birthplace of the vuvuzela otherwise known as the Christina Aguilera dinner bell. He's back and fatter than ever with his new Fatass EP that promises...I'm sorry? Excuse me, I think I would know...oh sh*t.

Badass. Not Fatass. Wow, that uh....that makes a lot more sense.

Badass- Typical Xatrik with high speed cyber technology sounds and acid erupting from a sawed off shotgun. The bass line is sprinting like it's on the run from the cops and the groove is intact. It's bombastic and crackling with energy. It truly is badass, but then so Greg's full time job...

Posted Image

Dangerous Conditions- "Do you want to live forever?"

With a little help from the Qube he continues to shower the listener with acid and heavy beats. It's dark with impending doom as it changes tempo which I wasn't that big a fan of. Minor drawback as this thing gets it's second wind and brings the power with the groove. It rises like a tsunami full of cars, houses, carnival equipment, a couple toilets...you get the idea. Let's just say that it keeps comin'.

Work My Magic- "Mr. Fletcher? You don't have to worry about the police...I worked my magic on them"

It starts with a slow techno crawl and quickly rounds into form. Bouncing with nod your head goodness he experiments with breakbeats and techno applications. There is a dark melody that hums throughout as bass sounds warble and wobble. But they don't fall down.

In it- Man that bass line is like a Godzilla village stomping beast. Or the local ladies at the Golden Corral lunch buffet

Posted Image

Ewww....pretty sure the chocolate wonderfall is limited to food.

It's a wall of concussive force kicking in the deadbolt and shattering double plated glass. It's a snowball track that gets bigger as it rumbles downhill. Oh yeah, you stepped in it. F*cking punishing.

Another quality twilight excursion from the reigning heavyweight champ of the genre. His ability to mix dark vibes with acidic mayhem and groove are unmatched. Work My Magic is interesting as it isn't just a 4 on the floor stomper, but rather a composite of that and some breakbeat manipulation. It sounds great with everything crystal clear and I think he really payed attention to cranking up the funk meter. So there you go. Having a gun doesn't make you badass.

Being Xatrik does.

Beatport

Mdk