Psynews on Facebook

Richpa

So far, so good. There are already 60 followers, I invited some friends of mine who are into this kind of music, please do the same, don't hesitate to promote this one, I'm sure it will be useful to many people as good source of latest news and updates on psytrance scene.

There are already 5 moderators and admins of the group, when we form a working team of 10 people we can start to think about adding a content to a page, many people asked what kind of content and from who, well actually it's not that hard:

In one week there are at least 5 label updates in artist announcements sub-forum, I'm always for option of being not-so-spammy with updates and status updates, it's good to have 3-4 major updates about new releases per week.

DJ Mixes and free tracks - if in one week 5 different people post new stuff in free music promotion sub-forum than just post one update containing all thoose links, major link on free music sub-forum and links for soundcloud tracks with small text. Same for DJ Mixes aswell.

Reviews - this one won't be a problem since there is a lack of reviews in general.

Page is available here: https://www.facebook...231662483589489

P.S. - moderators/admins of group when you visit someones fan page such as for example Protoculture, in left bottom side there is add as favorite to my page option or something like that, just add it for Psynews and it will be listed on Psynews page on the left side. This option is good way of promotion of artists and pages plus it will give more connection to Psynews facebook page to people who like combination of few pages. That is super PR trick for accessing more people without paying for some extra promotion space. I already added some major labels, festivals and artists.

• 1 month later...

Looks good. As for a biography, there's quite a comprehensive history of the site in this thread, I doubt mars would mind if you copied some of that.

Wow, thanks a lot, what a great story/biography, it will help for sure, but I'm gonna wait for Mars to give a green light to take some informations from his text.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I liked it a lot, though I don't use my FB profile often. Or Twitter. But for FB people who love Goa/Psy it is a must. Good job. But what comes to my mind is: if you want more people visiting, talking, and knowing about Psynews.org, admins should bring festival-goers to both Psynews.org and the FB page. This year we have Ozora and Boom in August, why aren't we talking about them, while other sites have more than 12 pages dedicated to Boom alone? Ozora is expected to host more than 40 thousand people. Aren't we missing this crowd?

Editing: IMO, the "parties" sub-menu should be in the upper half of psynews' site, in the PROMOTIONAL section. And it shouldn't be "divided" by world regions. Party organizers could post their event side by side with parties in Japan or South Africa, it would give a sense of "melting pot" psy-trancers like.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like the fact that facebook and goa is seperated,

Facebook is realtiy in my mind,

And Goa or Psy is not reality, (matter of speech off course)

I don't feel the need, but it would not hurt :)

EDIT: I checked the page and it's imo ok...

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Long time no updates here, so I'll post couple of interesting data. First of all, this post should go in Psynews.org sub forum and if it's possible to have it as a sticky. So here are some statistics so far:

Total fans: 409
Total friends of fans: 164 866

Weekly reach: 90 (this is horrible statistic, it should be at least 700-800 if we got over 400 people who are fans of this page, for example another page of mine got 1600 likes and weekly reach ~ 4000 people)

Top countries:

1. USA
  2. India
  3. Israel
  4. France
  5. United Kingdom
  6. Belgium
  7. Croatia
  8. Sweden
  9. Denmark
  10. Brazil

Gender and age:

TOTAL:

• Female (12,1%)
  • Male (86,2%)

13-17

0,2% (F) - 1,7% (M)

18-24

5,2% (F) - 28,4% (M)

25-34

3,7% (F) - 40,5% (M)

35-44

1,5% (F) - 11,9% (M)
45-54

1,5% (F) - 2% (M)

55-64
- - -

65+
1,7% (M)

So basicly, for a better reach there should be at least more posts and to share posts with linked pages, that will help a lot to reach more people and eventualy new followers. By that more people will be talking about posts, etc. Anyway, this is recent stats, maybe in next couple of weeks there will be much better numbers.

Cheers.

P.S. - I added a new version of timeline cover that looks like this forum skin, now it feels like Psynews :)