Psynews on Facebook

Richpa

We're living in age where social networks play important role, not only in promotion-wise, but also in terms of connecting people with similar ideas. Psynews is one of the biggest forums dedicated to psychedelic music and every day we can read here some new review or listen to some demo stuff from young and talented artists, there are also great topics in music production sub-forums. The fact is that many Psynews members and guests/visitors got Facebook and it would be a great thing to connect all great topics with Facebook page dedicated to this board, so people who are on facebook can receive fresh data such as reviews, new demos, label annoucements, etc.

It doesn't cost nothing, only thing you need is some time to create a page and forward it here and on facebook. It will surley gain much more traffic and hopefully new members here, who gonna discuss in many topics dedicated to psychedelic trance.

What do you think about it?

P.S. - My appologies for starting this topic in wrong section, I can't start a new topic in Psynews ORG subforum, but probably here more people will see it.

I have mixed feelings about this idea partialy due to facebook's "non-causal" user base. I know must of us have facebooks but the question is how often we use the website. I might be assuming incorrectly, but I feel like most goa/psyheads don't lurk facebook all day. Plus this forum is on the verge resembling a ghost town, or ghost forum... what ever you want to call it.

Actually my point was to link all Psynews content with Psynews Facebook page, so people who are on Facebook can have direct feed about activities here, plus Facebook will gain alot of new people who maybe aren't that much familiar with this nice place :)

I'm offering myself (hahaha) for creating, updating and promoting that facebook page if Psynews HQ decides to go with that option, you can always add/remove page admins and hopefully there will be five serious people who will link new daily Psynews content with Facebook community.

Speaking of help, I'm sure it will be helpful to promote possible Psynews page to your (psy/goa) friends and let them know about it, plus posting a link on some major facebook communities.

I like the idea, though I don't know how much work it would involve to make it worthwhile. If you're offering then it could work, but I'm not sure what kind of content you have in mind for the page. If you intend to make wall posts any time someone posts something in the artist news or review subforums, for example, then that would be a lot of effort and I'm not sure what it would accomplish, since I don't expect anyone would pay attention to the facebook page except people who are already paying attention to the forum. Can you say more specifically what you have in mind?

Anyway, I'll draw this thread to the admins' attention in case they haven't seen it.

I like the idea, thought I don't know how much work it would involve to make it worthwhile. If you're offering then it could work, but I'm not sure what kind of content you have in mind for the page.

Well it won't take that much time, basiclly every few days admin of the page posts some important updates on the page wall, like fresh reviews, new mixes and new demos. Basiclly it's all C/P, copy thread link and paste it on the wall.

If you intend to make wall posts any time someone posts something in the artist news or review subforums, for example, then that would be a lot of effort and I'm not sure what it would accomplish, since I don't expect anyone would pay attention to the facebook page except people who are already paying attention to the forum. Can you say more specifically what you have in mind?

I'm not talking about spamming people with content, that's not an option, just posting content that is worth of checking like some DJ mixes, review and stuff like that, even party/festival announcements, every few days. People will be familiar with latest releases and news and all that they gonna have at one place, sounds good enough to me :)

Anyway, I'll draw this thread to the admins' attention in case they haven't seen it.

Appriciated :)

I'm not talking about spamming people with content, that's not an option, just posting content that is worth of checking like some DJ mixes, review and stuff like that, even party/festival announcements, every few days. People will be familiar with latest releases and news and all that they gonna have at one place, sounds good enough to me :)

OK. So that would involve some editorial decisions about which reviews, label announcements etc. deserve to make it to the FB page, right? I guess that could work if the admins are sufficiently representative of the psynews community (and I think you're pretty representative), though I can also see it leading to accusations of unfair treatment or favouritism.

But that's just my $0.02, let's wait and see what the psynews admins think.

Just thinking along here, but you could, for example, have a couple of people trying to update. And each one of those people represent a different spectrum of psytrance and/or psynews. Ofcourse this would also mean that the people dong this would need to be sufficiently representative of what they are updating. I would think in the direction of: one person updating interesting goa reviews/dj mixes/other useful articles, another updating the same for the dark/forest spectrum, etc... (this doesn't necessarily have to be one person per category of course)

It's just a thought, so any other ideas/input are more than welcome!

I can cover pretty much all Goa-related topics, reviews because I'm doing basiclly same stuff with Neogoa facebook page, if Penzoline is on facebook and if he wishes to give a hand, than both of us can do that part of job. What else we need?

- Dark/Psycore

- Forest/Suomi

- Ambient/Psychill/Dub

- Fullon/Psytrance/Twilight

- Progressive/Tech/Minimal

That is a good idea Richpa.

Since psynews.org doesn't want to be associated with illegal content as cp/racism (you get my point) don't choose retarded spammers as "editors". But since this forum is packed with nice people I don't see that being a problem.

You have my approval atleast. I can't imagine RTP is against this idea and if he is he can suck it up ;) So go ahead and create the facebook page.

I can cover pretty much all Goa-related topics, reviews because I'm doing basiclly same stuff with Neogoa facebook page, if Penzoline is on facebook and if he wishes to give a hand, than both of us can do that part of job. What else we need?

- Dark/Psycore

- Forest/Suomi

- Ambient/Psychill/Dub

Perhaps Glitch/Breaks?

Yes, I totally approve this idea. In fact, I find it great!

Some interesting topics brought to attention and all that with the potential to reach the facebook user base ... really nice.

And it's also good that you have several people working together, everybody bringing in their own suggestion for topics ... this way everybody can bring in their favourites, you have more frequent updates and such ... great actually :)

Please tell people clearly what it is though ... a sort of "psynews selection", some news about topics, done by some of the site's frequent users. (You don't have to tell them hardcore, but I think it should be clear ... unless you want us to take a hand in it too ... I would be willing, but I honestly doubt that I would bring so many hot topics up ... except some S-Range or Pusherstreet maybe :lol: ... but other then that...).

Seriously, go for it. You have my best wishes. And you even might be bringing me to register there myself ... because I don't have my own facebook account, to this day :)

Also, something interesting aswell:

I have googled a bit and found some indications that we have got a facebook connect functionality in IP Board 3.2.2 that we use here ... it would be a feature that you can log-in on this forum via facebook.

I must find out the details still, but maybe this can further help us connecting with the facebook community...

- Dark/Psycore

- Forest/Suomi

- Ambient/Psychill/Dub

Sure I think I could help with that.

And that's not a problem, I'm sure that people who comes from States, Australia and UK can understand you pretty much well.

I'm starting building this page as we speak, moderators and admins who got their facebook accounts, please contact me via PM / Email / Facebook so I can grant you administrator access on facebook page.