Which album is gonna be released first? AP or Hallucinogen?

Ormion

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which one will the see that light of day first?

• Astral Projection
    • Hallucinogen
    • None of them will ever be released. Duh!

Radi, if someone released a new album that sounded exactly like what you want, it still wouldn't sell any more than "new school" goa. It's not a matter of how similar or not similar the music is to the classic stuff, there's just not as much of a market for it now.

I think Astral Projection's new album will come this year. But i don't hope for stormer tracks, more like sweet melodies, totally club friendly....unfortunately.

I wouldn't know what to expect from a new Hallucinogen album....no...

I wonder what people would say of Hallucinogens music if it was released post 2000, and see the sales.

I wonder what people would say about music like Ra, Artha, Portamento,... when it was released pre 2000.

Strange that a date can make some artists sound all off a sudden much more better.

Strange dat a date can make artists holy and some afther just "sound too new".

I would bet than if I played 5 unrl newer goa tracks in a mix with 5 old unrl tracks none would hear it! I did that experiment in Belgium many times before; no one really cares as long the music is good. That's the point. People stating that 2000 date is important don't get the point.

PS

Stating Artha = full on, well, listen again ;) Kick that he uses that sounds sometimes like modern full on kick, does mean it is full + I hear many older goa that has same kick; hmmm :)

He produces goa since 1997 (as Portamamento does).

So stating post 2000 is worse; what about artists that produced before and afther in same style?

Rethink your way of looking at goa, and start supporting your local deal and stop living in the past based upon wrong pre occupations :)

I think a lack of sales of new labels is based opun these falls images people create about old and new goa.

PPS

Intersting discussion (though heavy off topic here :))

Maybe the people in Belgium just did not care, but an experienced user will tell it, do a set with 5 older and 5 newer tracks (I do not know most of new stuff) and I will tell you which the new tracks are. There is good new stuff, Goasia is good for example, or the new shpongle album, I liked it a lot or for example Hallucinogen - Strangled cat, but a lot of suntrip stuff does not sound much like Hallucinogen - Strangled cat, so what a lot of people say is true. filteria for example is very cheesy and overloaded IMO.

And Artha, I don't know, not a lot of old tracks have the square kick used, he has more full on elements then the kick, and that kickdrum alone is annoying enough for me.

• 3 months later...

I think the Astral Projection album will come ... it might take another year, but it will. The material is already there, they play some tracks in their sets ... whereas Simon does not make the impression to have anything ready. However, he might release something under another name - again...

It seems to be a kind of syndrome that old and established artists nowadays need ages to produce a new album. There's the (by me) always mentioned thing with the new S-Range album (who is now claiming to release something "soon" since three years straight). Then there's Magnetrixx, who hasn't put out anything in AGES after his collab in "Audiomatrixx", but who's also (claiming) to produce material and such. And remember there was a really long wait for another Etnoscope album (until they finally released Way Over Deadline - and way over deadline it was indeed). Atmos had such a thing too until he finally put out Tour De Trance ... and the strange thing is: now the Atmos EPs are coming out like crazy (as compared to before), I really don't see why there were no tracks before for so long...

The list is long.

Bigger names -> more gigs, festivals and bookings -> less time to spend in studio. Plus: more money from doing live+DJ sets than selling music ;)

That is formula, in my humble opinion.

Yeah, that might be the answer...

although then why don't they release the new tracks for free? Would be the same?

touching back on artha being fullon. it depends on the track.... take bali from influencing dreams vs controlled live version. bali's fullon elements are hard to miss.

touching back on artha being fullon. it depends on the track.... take bali from influencing dreams vs controlled live version. bali's fullon elements are hard to miss.

I just did a search for "Controlled live version" and all I found is exactly the same track that's on the album, even when it was labeled "live version". Am I missing something?

I just did a search for "Controlled live version" and all I found is exactly the same track that's on the album, even when it was labeled "live version". Am I missing something?

It is labeled live version on the album. You didn't mis a thing.

The non live version is dis anyhoo. Released long ago on a psynews contest.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdbRvzCRKhM