Psytrance in the 'rest' of the world

Ormion

The full moon parties on Ko Phangan have little to do with "Goa" or "Psytrance" parties I am afraid ... yes, you will hear some Darkpsy and mostly very commercial sounding (Israeli ) full on but some good psytrance or goa .... haven't heard that there yet ....

it is supposed to be true that those dark moon parties are better...but that I can't confirm yet ....

Mod note:

We decided to set as invisible any posts that are off topic/unrelated to the thread. The posts have not been deleted so anyone who disagrees with this action please feel free to PM any mod or express his complain here.

On topic now:

Video from a party in China. Not many Chinese in the crowd though.

[media='']http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UuaKBUORpk[/media]

I reckon Knin, another croatian city, was alive and kicking some time back, although I have no idea whatsoever where it stands today. I haven't been there literary in ages.

Well after the downfall of NNC Fest, situation changed a lot, but every few months we got smaller parties with our local DJ's and guys who are producing some music. Hopefully this summer we will be able to organise few parties on our fortress :)

Some Suntrip shop stats in %

Belgium 18,86

United States 12,27

France 9,88

Germany 9,73

United Kingdom 6,73

Sweden 5,68

Finland 5,68

Russian Federation 3,44

Netherlands 2,84

Japan 2,69

Norway 2,54

Australia 2,39

Brazil 2,09

Croatia 1,64

Denmark 1,49

New Zealand 1,34

Switzerland 1,34

Italy 1,04

Spain 1,04

Canada 1,04

Austria 0,89

Poland 0,59

India 0,59

Hungary 0,59

Slovakia 0,59

Estonia 0,44

Czech Republic 0,44

Israel 0,44

Bulgaria 0,29

Greece 0,29

So, the whole Europe, North America, Russia, Japan and a few other rich countries like New Zealand, Australia, Switzerland.

Nothing in South America except Brazil.

Nothing at all in Africa (not even in ZA, strange).

Only a couple of orders in Middle East (Israel only)

And in the remaining 2%, we have 1 or 2 orders in India, Korea, and even 1 in China. Basically, almost nothing in Asia besides Japan.

Edit: this doesn't mean there are no goa people or parties in the countries which have 0%. Example: South Africa or Mexico.

Also, some countries are poorer and people download the music instead of buying it, and still there is a scene (ex: Turkey, Chili, Morocco, India, Ukraine)

Some Suntrip shop stats in %

And in the remaining 2%, we have 1 or 2 orders in India, Korea, and even 1 in China. Basically, almost nothing in Asia besides Japan.

Edit: this doesn't mean there are no goa people or parties in the countries which have 0%. Example: South Africa or Mexico.

Also, some countries are poorer and people download the music instead of buying it, and still there is a scene (ex: Turkey, Chili, Morocco, India, Ukraine)

As for Ukraine, stats are definitely at least a little wrong... :blush:

Lots of partys in Dubai for sure, i played there some years ago, they have brought alot of artist-people there to their events. Also had the opertunety to play at a fullmoon party in kho pang nga and on kho samui aswell. One of the coolest i've attended to and played at i think. My friend living in China half a year and the second half back home here in sweden. He told me there are plenty of rave partys overthere in Shanghai and Bejing. And i've heard other artists telling me they've played at some really wierd places all over the world. It's nice to hear that its almost not a single spot on the globe that doesn't enjoy this kind of music. I also read about this huge festival in Zimbabwe or something, i think nano records organised it or something, could be wrong with both country and organisation, but it was somewhere in africa though :)

cheers!

• 2 years later...

Ok Psytrance is everywhere.

North America, South America, Europe, Japan, India, Australia, New Zealand, Russia, South Africa etc.

But what about other places? Let's take Eastern Asia for example. Besides Japan what else? Any psy in Phillipines? South Korea? China? Come on it's China! You know the 1.3 billion ppl country? There must be one person who produces psy there or a psytrance party, right?

What about Africa? Ok obviously I'm not talking about very poor countries. Egypt? Tynisia? No one?

I'm a psy producer from South Korea, and I do hear that there are couple of parties down there

I've been living in Shenzhen, China the last year and a half. We started doing psytrance events here a little over a year ago, and have done them at least once a month with good response. Mostly expats from around the world who happen to be living here, but maybe a third of the crowd is Chinese. The last two events have been all-night beach parties!

There's actually now two groups doing psy events: psytribe.cn and psy-nergy.com