Psytrance in the 'rest' of the world

Ormion

Ok Psytrance is everywhere.

North America, South America, Europe, Japan, India, Australia, New Zealand, Russia, South Africa etc.

But what about other places? Let's take Eastern Asia for example. Besides Japan what else? Any psy in Phillipines? South Korea? China? Come on it's China! You know the 1.3 billion ppl country? There must be one person who produces psy there or a psytrance party, right?

What about Africa? Ok obviously I'm not talking about very poor countries. Egypt? Tynisia? No one?

Dunno about South Korea, I'd be surprised if there aren't psytrance fans there but I can't think of any SK artists or psynews members.

Edited by Rotwang
In Soviet psynews, post edits you!

Dunno about South Korea though, I'd be surprised if there aren't psytrance fans there but I can't think of any SK artists or psynews members.

Yes, South Korea have a lot parties, i have one girl from Seoul and go there every week. Also i have one guy from Taiwan and there are psy parties but not that often, how he told me some guys from ex Blue Moon Productions and their mates organize something. About China i got little info that there are some parties, barely and mainly pop psy trance things but don't know city really.

I heard about parties in northern africa and middle east. As you said, they are in Egypt, Tunisia and on middle east in Jordan and Lebanon. I heard once there are some parties and festivals in Marocco too. One guy from Tehran, Iran told me there are parties and on holidays he was on party in Dubai and in Kuwait.

On some forum i read some guy experience that he played in Hanoi, Vietnam once but organizer was Italian, others told they have visited some parties in Laos and Malaysia. You probably know for Thailand, Hong Kong and Singapore... also people are talking about good parties on Bali.

Edited by Rotwang

Back on theme:

Yes, South Korea have a lot parties, i have one girl from Seoul and go there every week. Also i have one guy from Taiwan and there are psy parties but not that often, how he told me some guys from ex Blue Moon Productions and their mates organize something. About China i got little info that there are some parties, barely and mainly pop psy trance things but don't know city really.

I heard about parties in northern africa and middle east. As you said, they are in Egypt, Tunisia and on middle east in Jordan and Lebanon. I heard once there are some parties and festivals in Marocco too. One guy from Tehran, Iran told me there are parties and on holidays he was on party in Dubai and in Kuwait.

On some forum i read some guy experience that he played in Hanoi, Vietnam once but organizer was Italian, others told they have visited some parties in Laos and Malaysia. You probably know for Thailand, Hong Kong and Singapore... also people are talking about good parties on Bali.

Nice post thanks!

Any artists that we know from these countries?

@Rotwang yes, i did.

@Ormion

For South Korea first will be Nhjo but mostly often artists i can see on flyers and videos, posts... are Psytonic, Tang, Saintwitch, Lunic, MAXQUEEN (girl DJ/artist).

About Taiwan there was Moon Tribe, founder and owner of former Blue Moon Productions but i am sure there are many DJs, same for Vietnam, Laos and Thailand which i dont know.

In Egypt i know only for Ezcape which first release was this year on VA - Goa Overdose 2. From Iran i have on DJ but can't remember name to ask him for artists but he told me that is very hard for psytrance in Iran because religious leaders dont like it. Keamia is from Tehran but lives in Canada for many years. Would try to search for middle east and northern africa artists too.

While searching for artists i found clip from party in Damascus, Syria with very good music and lot crowd:

Communists are advanced, they working hard but they get a lot money and they are more free than in 'free countries'. And i am sure they have good parties.

:blink:

What?

Morocco, Egypt, Tunisia had parties and festival on a regular basis, at places bordering the desert and such. Having recent events that took place in the region in mind, I doubt organizers are going ape shit over those loacations at the moment.

As far as eastern Europe, Croatia kicked off a large scale festival last year, called Lost Theory, which will be held again this year as well. Follow updates here: http://www.losttheoryfestival.com/

There was also the Future Nature festival held in 2010 and 2011, and as far as I am informed, there have been no updates and news so far for 2012.

My city, Zagreb, has two party organizations, one called Oddvodd, the other Ministarstvo Psihodelije. The parties aren't huge, not too often at least, but they go down well. Last october, Etnica was brought to Zagreb, which was a huge "fucking WOW!!!!" keeping in mind the size of our scene and the amount of ardent followers.

Another city, down at the coast, called Rijeka, has the organizers Trance Teleport and Psycordia, and they'll be throwing a larger party in a month or so.

I reckon Knin, another croatian city, was alive and kicking some time back, although I have no idea whatsoever where it stands today. I haven't been there literary in ages.

Osijek had a DJ, who was called (I think) Marko Felinger or something, who use to organize trance events as well, but same as with Knin, I have not been there in about six years.

Maybe I am missing some more, but I do not follow the scene as intensively as I use to before, so these are only some events and stuff that I am aware of. Maybe there is more though...

China has parties at least in Hong Kong and Shanghai.

These cities, in particular, are huge internetional megapolices and have a lot of people from all around the world.

I've also seen some amateur producers from a chinese electronic music netlabel.

There are like 3 eps and most of the tracks are religion related, have samples of monks chants and prayers.

there is "full moon party" in Thailand and alot more there to,but i never been to one yet myself,but i planning to go to a party there next time i visit thailand :D

In Rotwang's defence I too find hard to believe that in countries that will put you in jail/kill you for the most ridiculous reason psytrance culture is tolerable.

No jail but they use propaganda brain wash nation that is bad music against religion. Same trouble was here few years ago if i remember and we are orthodox country, popes talking that psy is evil music and it is against god. Sometimes here are patrols on parties, if they have info about some drug dealer they will arrest him, in 90% situations party going on after they leave. Some patrols came on party, smoke, drink and dance...

Here i found some flyer from party in Beirut last summer:

Posted Image

PsyLeb is organization from Beirut, it seems they make festivals and open airs often...

Dunno about South Korea though, I'd be surprised if there aren't psytrance fans there but I can't think of any SK artists or psynews members.

I don't know much about Korea but I do watch GSL (korean starcraft league) and they play random psytrance tracks before some of the matches. I thought it was kinda cool. Edited by Rotwang

I just found event from Dubai from some Hypnotique organization, also from last summer

https://www.facebook...46243038727187/

EDIT:

http://www.sgdesigns.co.uk/s/sanathana.html

Here is guy from Oman who is in Dubai now organizing some stuff. He probably played in his native country too.

If Tasmania have psytrance why Africa can't? :)

Sometimes here are patrols on parties, if they have info about some drug dealer they will arrest him, in 90% situations party going on after they leave. Some patrols came on party, smoke, drink and dance...

That has little to nothing to do with psy trance in itself, but if the police has some intel, or any other reliable information about a certain worth while drug dealer being at a given place at a certain time, rest assured they will be there. However, that has nothing at all to do with goa/psy/forest/dark/progressive/whatever you want to name it style of psychedelic trance muzack. It happens at house, pop, rock, techo, wannabe techno, hard techno, psy trance, harder than thy AK-47 _____________ (fill in the blanks) events at a regular basis...

There's a bunch of priests yapping on and on every single sunday about how heavy metal is the soundtrack to a one way ticket to hell, however I don't see how it diminishes the amount of followers of the sound, let alone the decrease of heavy metal related events, music programs, etc. Naturally, my observation is based strictly on what I have seen in Croatia. If there are people who feel otherwise, or have different experiences, I would love to get their feedback.

There is no such thing as bad propaganda. As long as people are talking about it, the bug remains in somebody's ear. If no one bothers to give it a mention, then it isn't worth half of a coloumn inside a local newspaper... If that's the case, rest assured no priest isn't going to be bothered either.