i need more

lds

where do you guys find your best music. Like what sites do you discovery your favorite artists

This site has been one of them. A method I could recommend is to find something you like. Find out what genre it is, and then search for info about that genre. Wikipedia is one place. They usually list the most influential names in their entries. The selection can always be discussed of course, but it's a start at least. If you want to go further then look for a discussion group on Discogs or something. Ask the experts there.

I always found a good method was take an artist you like and search for them on Discogs, check out the compilations that they are on and you'll find a load of similar artists. You can then search for those artists' albums and what compilations they appear on and follow that pattern until you are satiated.

I always found a good method was take an artist you like and search for them on Discogs, check out the compilations that they are on and you'll find a load of similar artists. You can then search for those artists' albums and what compilations they appear on and follow that pattern until you are satiated.

Good call. That's a method I use a lot as well. Especially with electronic music where labels often represent a specific sound and style.