Polyphonia - Beyond The Ocean Of Time (Quantum Frog Productions)

Ormion

Posted Image

1. Quantum Mechanics

2. Ocean of neutrons

3. True Hallucinations

4. Culture Dissolution

5. Diviner's Mint

6. Mind Explorer

7. Take Off

8. Time is speeding up

9. The end of time

Romolo Cheri was one of the kings of our scene. This guy was a wizard of sound manipulation and a real Artist.

Unfortunately God himself liked his music so much he took Romolo in Heaven to write music for his heavenly parties.

Unlike his debut album which was great, but not that great this one takes everything that is great about his music and multiplies it. All nine tracks and I mean ALL nine tracks have this amazing Polyphonia spacey sound, where melodies come and go from the void and sounds made in other dimensions fly through your brain.

I know the description sounds cheesy, but it's true! This is pure psychedelic trance. It's not about the effects, it's not about the furious basslines, it's about the feeling you first felt when you listened to goa/psy.

A perfect album for any psy listener and don't let the darkpsy tab throws you off.

A masterpiece and the perfect way by Romolo to say goodbye to our world.

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/qfr/qfr1cd004.html

Any album that starts off with "Quantum Mechanics" has got to be good, right? Samples sound sweet, I'll check this out. Thinking of other examples of artists tragically dying young (Zolod, Cosma and Torakka), I get the feeling that their deaths add something positive (or simply an emotional dimension) to the perception of their work. That's no surprise I suppose.

This album was a bit disappointing to me. I love Polyphonia work, especially his tracks on various compilations. I was expecting something really unique, but this didn't move me, apart from last 2 smashers. I have huge respect for Romolo and his music, but this album, which (based on all circumstances) should be masterpiece, simply isn't.

Any album that starts off with "Quantum Mechanics" has got to be good, right? Samples sound sweet, I'll check this out. Thinking of other examples of artists tragically dying young (Zolod, Cosma and Torakka), I get the feeling that their deaths add something positive (or simply an emotional dimension) to the perception of their work. That's no surprise I suppose.

Torakka has died? :huh:

• 3 years later...

Artist: Polyphonia

Release: Beyond The Ocean Of Time

Year: 2011

Label: Quantum Frog Productions

Cat-#: QFROGCD004

Rating: 2.5/5.0

Tracklisting:

1) Quantum Mechanics

2) Ocean Of Neutrons

3) True Hallucinations

4) Culture Dissolution

5) Diviner's Mint

6) Mind Explorer

7) Take Off

8) Time Is Speeding Up

9) The End Of Time

This is really not my cup of tea. Full on can really get tedious at times. This one is simply going nowhere, drenched in dithering disorienting and distractive noisy effects. Generic bassline hook moving every track. I'm wondering what the hell is going on and why there is absolutely no progression whatsoever. The last track got moving but the other 8 tracks simply went in circles for 6 to 7 minutes each.

• 2 years later...

I revisited it yesterday and my opinion hasn't changed. Definitely one of the best darkpsy albums out there. Multilayered and totally psychedelic with some delicious synths. The first 4 tracks are mental!