Guest D N H

I was really wondering about any possible side effects from chronic listening to our beloved music...

Moreover a concern for probable negative side effects on mental health, brain status or cause of any other health problems.

But if there is also any positive effect, it is more than welcome here to state.

IF you don't take drugs, this music is a healthy thing (for me at least) :)

- it gives adrenaline (so loads of energy when you have to work or to do something)

- it's great therapy when you don't feel 100%, the music will pull you out

- For me it gives happiness... After a good party, I can be so happy/fully loaded with positive vibes I have a smile for 2 weeks :)

- For me it's active meditation... Lying with my eyes closed, trance on full volume is one of the best things I ever felt! :) You become extremely calm and peaceful :)

Negative sides:

- when parties suck and you had to be there all night, the first 2 days of the week are pretty hard because of a fucked up biorhythm

Thats about it for me :)

I can agree with Anoebis.

But if you cannot enjoy and fall into trans without drugs or deadly stoned you should not practice it imo. I never been stoned or drunk on party, i want to feel/see essence of trance sounds, today i need about 1-2 hours of good music to fall into some state of trans which is much more beautiful than to be stoned or drunk.

Much people told me that they feeling better hard stoned or druged on trance parties, but when i see them it seems to me they don't even know where they are.

In my opinion you should always be positive, enjoy in party with few drinks and few smokes just for even better mood, dance or what you like to do and maybe you will have what you wanted. Be tuned on good music and vibes with clear mind :)

well as long as you aren't damaging your ears from listening too long/too loud which i admit is a boundery push it at times. I am quite the hedonist, so that doesn't really help my health in any way :*(

- it gives adrenaline (so loads of energy when you have to work or to do something)

- For me it gives happiness... After a good party, I can be so happy/fully loaded with positive vibes I have a smile for 2 weeks

+1

Guest E-Mantra

good things: cant be described..only felt

bad things : in my case ..damaging one of my ears ..after so many years still trying to recover...

good things : you always interact with amazing people that share same ideas( ie parties..festivals..)..

bad things : drugs involvement ..some isolation state feelings (maybe because this music is not so spread and several other factors )

but all in one...this music can be the universe for u

you need health and this kind of music

love ..wealthy..and other things are passing so..

IF you don't take drugs, this music is a healthy thing (for me at least) :)

- it's great therapy when you don't feel 100%, the music will pull you out

- For me it gives happiness... After a good party, I can be so happy/fully loaded with positive vibes I have a smile for 2 weeks :)

- For me it's active meditation... Lying with my eyes closed, trance on full volume is one of the best things I ever felt! :) You become extremely calm and peaceful :)

Negative sides:

- when parties suck and you had to be there all night, the first 2 days of the week are pretty hard because of a fucked up biorhythm

Thats about it for me :)

Yeah!

The bad side is the damage to the ears when listening to high volume.

Sometimes I worry focusing on music all the time (which I cant help doing if its on) gives me stress/tention. Especially when someone else is also listening and I want them to like it ;)

Sometimes I worry focusing on music all the time (which I cant help doing if its on) gives me stress/tention. Especially when someone else is also listening and I want them to like it ;)

Hey I have the exact same thing :D

The only negative side though I think, as with all music is, like mars pointed out damage to your ears by listening at high volume for prolonged periods.

Listening to this music and 'just music' chronically.

• Can make you start living in a fantasy world.
  • Make one think things differently and weirdly.
  • Cause relationship problems.

• Have that sound illuminations on the back of the head even when not listening to music.

Have that feeling, some cool tunes are going on at the background at all times you are doing. And do things in the flow of the music.

• Gives one happiness and bliss, that will make one not concentrate in problems in life

• Also driving under the influence of high powered psytrance can be dangerous.

• etc.

• Like 1

Not immediately a health effect, but the primary negative with psytrance, for me, has been that it is so obscure, that music never is a topic which I can discuss with most people.

I have that feeling with most "pop culture". Most of the the stuff people make small talk about I have no idea what they are talking about (latest reality TV show, blockbuster movie, top40 single, sports game, etc). I can usually find something in common music-wise though, but I listen to a lot more than just psytrance. :)

I think that for certain individuals, this music could create troubles, such as if you already have a fragile psyche and or if you are under anti depressive drugs (prescription not re-creative use of weird pills).

So if you are questioning this and you fear it may damage your ego in some ways, take it in small dosis because it could indeed be considered as a placebo and if you get addicted it can work as a replacement for serotonine induced sensations such as happiness, feeling orgasmic, full of energy and happy. But that can also generate some expectations from life that may not be fulfilled and then have you feel depressed.

I think I experimented through many years of listening different reactions and phases but most of the times I agree with the sensations and feelings Anoebis described.

But I think I can endorse also the view of Kathmandu and definitely wouldn't use it as driving music, it can easily makes you think you are a pilot thus creating great danger for yourself.

So, all in all, see what is your case and how it makes you feel, and yes keep the volume to a normal level on headphone while you can enjoy it at full power on a soundsystem and have blissful magical feelings from it, especially if you have the luck of enjoying this music with someone you like/love. This rarely happened to me but when it did, it was fucking amazing.

Peace

• 3 years later...

<p>

Listening to this music and 'just music' chronically.

• Have that sound illuminations on the back of the head even when not listening to music.

Have that feeling, some cool tunes are going on at the background at all times you are doing. And do things in the flow of the music.

Currently facing this problem. :/

Currently facing this problem. :/

It happens to me all the time, but not as a problem. It's actually something that gives me strength throughout the day, and when I'm falling asleep, it echoes in my head as lullabies.

However

And addiction.

That's my big problem. I've been completely addicted for more than a year. Little by little, it's taking all the room in my mind. I spend most of my free time listening to psytrance (without doing anything else). When I try to do fun things (watch animes, play minecraft), the addiction is so intense that I have to quit doing them a few minutes later and go back listening to psy.

In the beginning, psytrance was a support providing me help to meditate. Trance music has helped me a lot in my life, including facing health problems. But now, it has become a self-sufficent mean of entertainment, that occupies most of my mind, and I can't get it out of my head.

It is like a drug. It's very addictive. Especially when you have a thin social life.

One day, I tried something. I've stopped listening to any trance music for 1 month. I was completely in lack. That was a bit painful. And when the month was over, I decided to explore oldschool. I listened to LSD by Simon. I almost cried of happiness. Then I listened to Hux Flux and Crossing Mind, and it was at if I was hearing music for the first time. I felt every beat of it with all my fibers, it was so deep.

It's fun that you've updated that topic, because just a few hours ago, I was considering to quit listening to trance music again, but for much longer. A few months at least. It's driving my creativity away, it's alienating me in a way I do not like.

I need to take a break. I need to find other grounds of pleasure and stimulation.

This addictive/alienating aspect of psytrance is the worst thing about this music I think.

As for the good aspects, I'm sure that psytrance :

_stimulate the imagination

_increase patience

_delivers good energy (except darkpsy. I think that some hi-tech/dark tracks can be nasty for certain kinds of people).

One day, I tried something. I've stopped listening to any trance music for 1 month. I was completely in lack. That was a bit painful. And when the month was over, I decided to explore oldschool. I listened to LSD by Simon. I almost cried of happiness. Then I listened to Hux Flux and Crossing Mind, and it was at if I was hearing music for the first time. I felt every beat of it with all my fibers, it was so deep.

I need to take a break. I need to find other grounds of pleasure and stimulation.

This addictive/alienating aspect of psytrance is the worst thing about this music I think.

when i'm travelling in asia i don't miss many things i need at home. i'm fine with no internet for a month, i'm fine with no sweets for a month and i'm fine with listening to psy only every few days. it's indeed true that the music has a much deeper impact and seems even more beautiful if you make a short pause. but it's even more beautiful when you get home and can listen to it properly rather than on cheap, small, easy to carry headphones.

you will many other grounds of pleasure, but keep in mind that frank zappa was a wise man when he put this in his album:

"information is not knowledge

knowledge is not wisdom

wisdom is not truth

truth is not beauty

beauty is not love

love is not music

music is the best."

;)

it may be addictive, but so is eating good food. for myself, i don't believe in eating fast food for prolonged peroids of time to enjoy proper food much more afterwards.

i also don't see psy as alienating. i rather see the rest of society, that looks down on psychedelic music, the associated culture and the people who listen to it, as alienating. i wouldn't want to have anything to do with such people but there are so many of them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...