3. Orange Bad - Phaxe and Vice Vs. Vertex

4. Particles - Nerso

5. Source Code - Zyce

6. Four Kings - Sideform feat Zyce and Flegma

7. Lunar Drive - Middle Mode and Ectima

8. Crowd Control - Ectima and E-Clip

9. City of Pula - Hardy.Veles

10. Evaporation - Zyce and Flegma

Tesseract is out with the 2nd installment of the Future Nature series. Not unlike Iono's Forensic Science (which was f*cking awesome) it's a who's who of progressive trance brilliance. One name that you will see a lot of is Zyce who must've had a sh*tload of tracks lying around because he is all over this thing. I had the opportunity to play this for the good folks at my local establishment and they seemed to enjoy it.

Posted Image

Sunrise Copy- Vertex is Nikola Kozić and Slobodan Gaćeša who released the stellar album Ocean last year. Here they team up with Pion (Vladan Jarić) on the opening track. The first 4 minutes are nice, but nothing remarkable. The break erupts with true analog synth chords that warm the soul. They wind it down and this one remains an underground groove. Those chords make a final appearance near the end and are clearly the star of the show.

Disturbings- Goran recently released his 3rd Talpa disc called The Path and I'll have to check that one out. Especially since I ripped his 2nd album a new a**hole. But here in his Riddler persona it's all about the funk. And he has a distinctive style. Eerie melodies twinkle and shimmer before he drops the funk hammer that induces involuntary booty wigglin'.

Posted Image

Oh, you and your groupies...

His basses are groovetastic and he twists dem sumb*tches like he's trying to contact Tokyo on a ham radio. Funky as always sir.

Orange Bad-

Posted Image

See I imagine the title came from the Hulk's intense dislike for citrus. You know..."Orange bad...hulk smash!"

But I have a lot of non-sensical crap rolling through my neural pathways.

The Vertex duo take on Kevin Josefsen (Phaxe) and Martin Daltoft (Vice). Another groovy progressive ride with little melodies that crop up from seemingly everywhere. The bounce is nice and it's a sunshiney piece that will put a smile on your face.

Particles- Progressive master "The Dragon" fresh off his release of Exploration of Infinity rocks things in the same dark style. Bubbling basses, moody pads, and genre encompassing effects make this thing a monster. It just thumps with a driving spirit as it totally envelops the listener. Massively lush and descriptive...he is to progressive what the Pleiadians are to goa trance.

Yeah I said it.

Source Code- Zyce is Nikola Kozic aka one half of Vertex. He's another Balkan that rules this genre and is quite prolific. Sharp synths echo over a monotone bass line as effects scratch and claw in an attempt to gain purchase. The middle of the track sees the bass line change and a nice bright feeling peeks out. The break is truly shiny setting you up for a good time. But like any good progressive track he's building towards it and if you have patience you will be rewarded. Nice job.

Four Kings-

Posted Image

"Yes...front desk? Send up a bottle of your best champagne and 4 bustiest hookers cause it's on."

Hey it's Zyce again, surprise surprise. They do love the delay don't they? It's all over the place as sounds echo across the horizon. The same roadmap is followed here with the accumulation of effects and similar if not identical bass line. I like this style so it doesn't bother me, but I can see people hopping on the "damn this sounds too samey" bandwagon. Still, it's so lush and positive that I can't help but like it. It's drifting and melodic with a nice ending bit of melody so thumbs up from me.

Lunar Drive- Motherf*cker Zyce, did you not get enough hugs from your parents? You're part of Ectima also? That is 70% of the tracks on this compilation you're on. I imagine the compiling went something like this...

Posted Image

"No! No!! I want that track too! F*ck you Nesho! Mine! Mine!!"

Awww...I can't be mad at you. This is a trip on the darker side of things with wild and spooky Silent Hill type atmosphere. The middle has a weird rhythmic element that continues out of the break with a boom boom bass. Like it. It returns to its original form to continue the eerieness. Good stuff.

Crowd Control- Ectima (Zyce + Flegma) takes on Marko who is in strong contention for album of the year from me with his release of Shuma. They try to control the crowd with a thunping snare....stay back, we bite. Once they add all their progressive elements together it becomes quite groovy. Where the previous tracks were pretty melodies this is darker and more abrasive. I would've loved them to take all the synths out and have a period where it was just percussion, but hey, that's me. Hey whattya know, they did it! This what Artifakt would sound like if he did progressive. The end more resembles the rest of the tracks on this compilation with it's echoing effects but it has an angry swagger. This one grew on me.

City of Pula- Goran (no, not that one) released a quality EP called Shumska Majka last year and he also had a track on the first Future Nature compilation. He chops up a sample and makes it fit nicely in the mix. Funky even. It has a reeaaaalllly long sample in the middle that is slightly on the cheesy side. It dominates the track because he keeps using it. Too much. It's fun to knock out a few knuckle children, but eventually you have to give it a rest. I can pass on this one.

Evaporation- I think this one is the slowest on the track as it plods away in midtempo style. It's also Zyce's last appearance on the compilation. 7 out of 10 tracks, why not just release this as an artist album? I tease him, but that's because his music is that f*cking good. It's a slowdown groove that makes you nod your head with nice percussive work and cool effects. Like all the artists on this label use. The melody is pure sunshine and man does it feel good on this rainy day.

TesseracT continue to release quality progressive trance. It's deep and atmospheric with echoing melodies that are good enough to eat. The tracks go from light grooves to dark epic monsters. I'm not certain if all of the artists are Serbian, but damn if that area isn't a fountain of talent. If you like your progressive trance larger than life with loads of effects and melodies than you cannot go wrong with this.

Psyshop

Beatspace

GoaStore

Mdk

• 1 month later...

Really enjoyed this release. Several cracking tunes and sustained quality throughout. Favourite tracks - 3,4,5,9,10. Zyce is clearly doing good work!

Recommended.

Pedro

• 5 months later...