Goa Trance and Psynews

Guest E-Mantra

After a deep and serious research, I have been discovered that music goes to a regression direction.

The GOA trance itself appeared to also have more bad tracks than good ones. But even those bad mostly contain the elements which cover all "modern sound production quality" or any other "innovations".

They are simply nothing!

There is no a single move forward, apart from a very few artists and several tracks of them who are producing in GOA style nowadays.

IMO GOA should have involved into more ethnic, organic, ochestral and at the same time personal direction, but this unfortunately haven't happened, yet it remains the best music genre by now.

PS. I decided to share with this... When I was writing the above I was listening to divbyzero GOA station and.. "Electric Universe - This is from the heart" was playing.. That's exactly how I felt while writing.

Wasn't Goa music an attempt to combine state of the art technology with ancient tribal culture? Ritual music for modern man. Taking Goa music in a more organic/analogue/traditional direction seems like regression to me, and a betrayal of that original and still valid idea.

Psynews has made a lot of steps forward from the 2003-2008 era. Back then if you said that you like full on or darkpsy goa and progressive lovers would attack you.

It's nice to see that Psynews today still maintains its Goa core, but it's (finally) more openminded.

Psynews has made a lot of steps forward from the 2003-2008 era. Back then if you said that you like full on or darkpsy goa and progressive lovers would attack you.

It's nice to see that Psynews today still maintains its Goa core, but it's (finally) more openminded.

Indeed. I've met quite a few people who've read some of the Prog/Minimal threads I started, and found quite a few releases they enjoyed. Which is great. Better late than never. :)

To be honest with you, Psynews is hottest place where you can find good opinion about music, production and all other details when you wanna release something. People here are friendly and basicly we all got enough respect to eachothers musical taste. I spend much more time on metal forums and study metal genre than psychedelic music, but it's always a great feeling when you come here and discover something new and interesting.

Speaking of psychedelic trance genres, well I really try to follow all releases, but lately I avoid psycore aka ''darkpsy'' stuff just because I don't find that music interesting enough. My biggest passion goes into goa trance, ambient and fullon directions, but I like to hear some interesting progressive or forest stuff aswell.

I rarely listen to old Goa these days. I still have all the records of course and I still love the music. It's just that I've heard most of my stuff more than enough back in the days so talking about it here seems to be a bit pointless.

Yes, mostly old school goa hehe. I've tried and perhaps succeeded to a point to get a broad collection of electronic music, but always get drawn back to goa. It is spiritual music. Every type of music has certain vibrations to it and thus is represented in general by a set of specific themes. There's a reason why goa trance flirts with themes such as space exploration/future technology, aliens, God, growth of self and ethics. It combines positive, creative, psychedelic and danceable aesthetics of sound like no other style.

60% ambient/downtempo

30% goa/psytrance

10% others (forest trance, progressive)

It used to be the other way around, but now getting impressed with goa/psy is getting harder and harder these days plus ambient is really good music and there are tracks that always fits my mood whatever it may be.

Indeed, psynews is the place! It is a sacred core with open mind.

Before few years i got into a psy forum and none knew (i guess) or respond to goa stuff.

I won't count goa in percent. It's many years since the first time i listened to it and during that period i listened fanatically to others types of electronic music or other kinds of music, or even ignored goa for periods of time. But it survived.

Yes, mostly old school goa hehe. I've tried and perhaps succeeded to a point to get a broad collection of electronic music, but always get drawn back to goa. It is spiritual music. Every type of music has certain vibrations to it and thus is represented in general by a set of specific themes. There's a reason why goa trance flirts with themes such as space exploration/future technology, aliens, God, growth of self and ethics. It combines positive, creative, psychedelic and danceable aesthetics of sound like no other style.

Exactly. It is like a form of philosophy, of theology, another platform to put these ideas, ideals and concerns into a positive, creative and uplifting way. An inspired way to give you inspiration for this kind of subjects.

(And it is like sounds and harmonies from another world, something like transcendental in a way).

Goa +-oo% (mostly old & some new)

Psytrance/oldschool psychedelic progressive

forest

psy ambient

Every type of music has certain vibrations to it and thus is represented in general by a set of specific themes.

Always depending on the mood.

deep house/dub techno

atmospheric dnb

other kinds of music

Edited by Depths/No Hitz!

Mostly Goa here. I'll throw on some psy, dark psy, techno for variety but it gets harder to wade through all of the releases to find good stuff amongst all of that, and don't get me started on trance. Second biggest is downtempo, dub, chill etc. Third is probably salsa and psychedelic rock.

I listen to all styles really, as long as it has that quality :P. I try and stay as far as way from the cheese as much as possible.

In 2011 I listened to more of the really psychedelic styles, although not as much dark and forest and more zenon style.

I listened to quite a bit of full on, some goa and even less progressive.

I listen to all styles really, as long as it has that quality :P. I try and stay as far as way from the cheese as much as possible.

In 2011 I listened to more of the really psychedelic styles, although not as much dark and forest and more zenon style.

I listened to quite a bit of full on, some goa and even less progressive.

You should check out Creamcrop if you don't know that label already.

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/62585-creamcrop-records/

according to the playlist i have running 95% of the time it's:

62.4% goa

11.2% progressive (mostly melodic)

7.7% fullon

6.6% downtempo

5.6% "other" psytrance (mostly 2001 style minimal psytrance or stuff like talpa)

1.9% acid trance

1.6% darkpsy

1.8% psydub

0.8% dark progressive

0.4% nitzhonot

so, yes. mostly goa :)

PSYCORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKSFxwpHHrg&feature=plcp&context=C37de3eaUDOEgsToPDskIine_rPGFwLhh41K05BGvm

i listen to every thing really from minimal to dark and between,i just like good music,