Goa Trance and Psynews

Guest E-Mantra

Guest E-Mantra

i wonder how many users from this forum listen goa instead of psy ..or should i say ...how many they're not into full-on ..dark generation as they are connected to the old source ...it's nothing wrong just my impression that no more then 20 -30 users here ...as i follow topics several years ,,same users

maybe i'm mistaken :rolleyes:

and this is mostly on all the forums related to this music

a simple emotion its an yes :P

so..i want to see u all

Happy New Year and may God bring us twisted music this year

I listen to Goa and psychedelic downtempo (mostly ultimae, celestial dragon, twisted and altar records stuff) most of the time.

If I'm in the mood I listen to forest, dark, full-on or progressive but those are more exceptions. However I do feel it's necessary to listen to a multitude of styles within psytrance to keep a better look on the big picture, whatever that may be :P

Bottomline is: I love twisted music, but most of all melodic twisted music!

Within the realms of psychedelic trance I listen:

35% Goa (new & old)

55% Nitz/Uplifting

10% Other stuff (from hyperfast darkpsy to full on to prog, etc...but I listen it all out of curiosity, not really because I entirely dig it)

From psytrance it is indeed mostly goa. I do like some exceptions for example the new Juno Reactor remix album with a lot of prog tunes, Talpa from psytrance or stuff like Enichkin, which is more intelligent and softer darkpsy. Many more too but these are just examples. Very rarely do I listen to full-on and when I do, it's usually the very best of full-on.

Aside from that the counterbalance comes from other electronic genres.

Goahead for life. :)

I do wish we'd have more members so we could have more varied and colourful discussions though. Lurkers don't be scared to join in and give your 2cents. :P

i wonder how many users from this forum listen goa instead of psy ..or should i say ...how many they're not into full-on ..dark generation as they are connected to the old source ...it's nothing wrong just my impression that no more then 20 -30 users here ...as i follow topics several years ,,same users

maybe i'm mistaken :rolleyes:

and this is mostly on all the forums related to this music

a simple emotion its an yes :P

so..i want to see u all

Happy New Year and may God bring us twisted music this year

When I listen to uptempo it is probably around 60% goa, 20% psy & 20% other shoite!

BTW I love your avatart :wub:

Guest E-Mantra

When I listen to uptempo it is probably around 60% goa, 20% psy & 20% other shoite!

BTW I love your avatart :wub:

machinarium :D i love that shiaat ..

so..regarding my post ...

till now 10 goa lovers :rolleyes:

from "11,060 Total Members " :D

i bet full-on lovers ..look and then in a sec close the topic ..haha

I listen to more darkpsy than Goa, but I'm pretty sure that puts me in the minority at least among regular psynews posters. I reckon you'll be hard-pressed to find a more Goa-oriented English language forum than this one.

machinarium :D i love that shiaat ..

Are you aware that Amanita Design have another game coming soon? It'll be called Botanicula.

Are you aware that Amanita Design have another game coming soon? It'll be called Botanicula.

Looks awesome! Enjoyed machinarium too, fantastic atmosphere, great puzzles and lovely artwork.

OT: I think that if you look at the people listening to psytrance worldwide, the people that listen to goa (be it old or new goa) are in the minority. The big subgenre's of today are without a doubt dark, prog and fullon. (But that's nothing new I guess.)

After a deep and serious research, I have been discovered that music goes to a regression direction.

The GOA trance itself appeared to also have more bad tracks than good ones. But even those bad mostly contain the elements which cover all "modern sound production quality" or any other "innovations".

They are simply nothing!

There is no a single move forward, apart from a very few artists and several tracks of them who are producing in GOA style nowadays.

IMO GOA should have involved into more ethnic, organic, ochestral and at the same time personal direction, but this unfortunately haven't happened, yet it remains the best music genre by now.

PS. I decided to share with this... When I was writing the above I was listening to divbyzero GOA station and.. "Electric Universe - This is from the heart" was playing.. That's exactly how I felt while writing.

Edited by deepXcode

I listen to probably 70% Goa.. Occasionaly i will go on a Forest or Twilight journey but generally I always return to goa for what I love about trance and psychedelic music in general...

This site seems to have one of the largest collection of goa loving people around from what i have found. Not to mention community interaction by some of the top artists (like yourself, Filteria etc) which I am incredibly thankfull for.

Guest E-Mantra

ahh..i know ..saw the presentation somewhere on utube...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

welll..ive just come back from a big party with 5 scenes...the goa scene not more then 50 people ..but dark one and progressive ..i tell you ...FULL

and i don't think quality is the first problem here .///even if we had again 10 astral projection like projects ..fullon and dark will be on top of listeners

people are started to be nervous ..to be cover of daily problems ...the system and all.. ..it's like when you

are so pissed of that you want to break anything and hit the punching bag ..maybe that's and answer ..you want to be knock down on those killer

bass and drums ..lol..maybe that's why :D

ps...dont' trow rocks on me ..it's only a weird ideea ...

what Agneton said! Too many producers are scared of going above the 140 mark (with uplifting trance) and 145 mark for Goa / Psy these days. What happened to the days where no one gave a crap? Astralasia - Four Moons... 163bpm and absolutely brilliant!

Guest nectarios

I mostly listen to psy-trance and old favourite goa tunes from the '90s. I do check the prog, new goa full on and dark releases from time to time, but I have yet to find something that interested me enough into listening all of the track. I don't like fast tunes and I don't like Nitzo, at all.

Peace out.