4. Future Shaper - Zed Reactor

Battle 2 EP

1. Dead Mask - Lunatic

2. Asena - Zed Reactor

3. Iron Cross - Lunatic

4. Pogona Vitticeps - Zed Reactor

Posted Image

I like cheese. I do.

Not that artificial processed sh*t but the real deal. Put it in my eggs, top my everything bagel with a couple of slices...hell you can't have a sandwich without it. Saying you don't like cheese...well, you might as well find the nearest cow and kick it in the milk holes.

So yeah, I like cheese.

But it has no place in music. Kinda. When dealing with the genre of Greek Uplifting or Nitzhonot you have to expect at least some of the shredded stuff. What we have here are another couple of free EP's by artists who work in this medium. Agneton, Goalien, Persistent Aura, Rama...all have shown that when you combine nitzho with goa trance the results can be blistering and superb. Even Zed Reactor's latest album Interplanetary Entity was a dark sojourn into the parts of nitzho that rarely saw the light of day. So to speak.

Let's start with the first George..Lunatic. I hate to be the one to have to say it (no I don't) but his music is the definition of cheese. Cheesy leads, cheesy melodies, cheesy samples....If you need a face for your argument why this genre is cheesy, there you go. Every single track on these EP's is so laden with cheese that if you choose to listen to it your doctor will be quick to recommend Lipitor and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

The real star of the EP's is the other George, Zed Reactor. He takes a darker approach and combines it with goa trance to give his tracks a deeper, more complex sound. I.E....less eye rolling. The melodies don't take the easy road so oftentimes it is less predictable. Also absent is his need to slow down or stop and start his tracks. Now that is not to say he is without fault. Like the other George he is prone to use samples as well, at times with a bit of a heavy hand. And don't forget, it's still Nitzhonot with it's signature lead sounds so if you aren't a fan to begin with...

In short, it is my opinion that Zed Reactor's music is more for adults while the music of Lunatic will appeal to that teen that rides by on his bicycle and kicks over my trash cans.

Yeah, keep running motherf*cker.

http://www.tsl-records.com/#!trance

Mdk