Artist: Various

Title: Dead By Dawn EP

Label: Terror Lab Industries

Date: December, 2011

1. Dead By Dawn - Zinx Vs. Wired

2. Bad Boy - Damage

3. V:48 - Critical Mass

4. Deadly Sector - Zinx

From the label that holds your ears hostage at the butt end of a Kalashnikov, Terror Lab Industries delivers some more hyper energy twilight shenanigans. Obviously the first thing we need to discuss is the cover. Like it or hate it, I'm guessing it's a statement against the masses who follow generic trance like zombies. Or...this is truly the end of days and the zombie apocalypse is clearly upon us. Either way, get your guns and canned food rations and head for the bunker.

Dead by Dawn- "Hey man is this where the party's at?"

Love the futuristic cyber heavy feel in this one. Licks of acid flash like the tongue of a snake as he molds sounds into percussive elements that produce some funky rhythms. The leads form a dark melody as this thing grinds it out. The final bit is a swirling array of acid that will twist you and even though I'm not a fan of the extended buildup, this is still a punishing track.

I mean, the title should tell you that, right?

Bad Boy-

Posted Image

F*cking autotune. Really, f*cking autotune? If I wanted to listen to Akon I'd punch myself in the nuts. It's this pop crap that infects otherwise great psytrance that makes me want to tear what's left of my hair out. Cause other than that stupid sample, the track itself is a funky bit of nasty. It's got a good beat with dark blasts, but enough with the samples.

The breakbeat is a nice touch and it allows me to roll through Crenshaw without getting a second look in my 6-4, but the rest is a commercial mess. Lots of starts and stops and a buildup that makes me want to blast zombies, but it's kind of a guilty pleasure. Until I roll up on some homies that actually do some wicked gangster sh*t, but at that point it wouldn't really matter.

V:48- "Well I've always had an attraction for extreme personalities."

Posted Image

I think I'm gonna be sick. Atrocious samples, too many buildups, and yeah it's got some acid. But in a more not cool way. Five minutes in and I still have more than 4 to go? Be positive, be positive...the break was cool and I did like the last part of the track. This could've been a monster, but you've got to wade through too much poo to get there.

Deadly Sector- Zinx closes this EP with a great track full of acid and cyber nastiness that reminds of his Rampage EP. It's dark with electrical energy like a live wire. Synths shimmer in a blinding array as acid flies. Pretty potent stuff that had my head bobbing at the end.

The Zinx tracks are the best of the bunch I think. It's dark, melodic and pretty damn powerful. So far this label has yet to put all the pieces together in a blockbuster compilation, but they have the ingredients. Bears watching.

http://www.beatport.com/release/dead-by-dawn/840095

Mdk