Posted Image

Artist: Keamia

Title: Catastrophe EP

Label: Astronautic Records

Date: February, 2011

1. The Devil

2. Disobedient

3. Catastrophe

This is Shahin Babazadeh and if you look at his Discogs picture you would think that his scenes in the Matrix ended up on the cutting room floor. He has been pretty prolific releasing several EP's on Ektoplazm for free. Talented too, as he did the artwork and his own mastering for this release. A different turn for him, he is leaning more towards the darker side of full-on as the track titles will testify.

The Devil- Something wicked this way comes....but then it devolves into generic full-on with sound effect screams. The laziest move? The final 2 and a half minutes are virtually the same. I can see a minute, but 2 and a half. Cmon man if you're gonna pull that sh*t, knock 2 minutes off the track time. Obviously not integral to your story.

Disobedient-The tempo has quickened and he's working on a pretty good groove. The lead was pretty good before he switched to another one. It's really running at a quick pace but it's also running on fumes because there ain't a whole lot here. Full-on that's not close to being full.

Catastrophe- "We have destroyed your planet."

No you didn't, just full-on. I don't think I can fit this hunk of cheese through the door. It's really fast again and I'll be honest the groove has potential as his sparkly synths filter in. This is clearly his best effort of the EP as it gets pretty hectic towards the end. Not bad.

The best thing I can say is that this is free. The sound quality is good so he obviously can master pretty well. I also liked the artwork. The music? Well...3 out of 4 ain't bad right? The arrangements are wafer thin and sound amateurish. Nothing complex or deep to be found here and sounds like stuff he was messing around with that isn't close to being finished. The only thing dark were the track titles. Still better than anything I can produce.

Well, I mean other than my beatbox.

http://www.ektoplazm...mia-catastrophe

Mdk