What did you get for Christmas?

abasio

We all know that the true spirit of Christmas is love and peace and family and friends being together and making each other happy. We also know that everyone loves presents! Now that all the pain of having to buy other people presents is done and we have received presents from our loved ones, what did you give and what did you receive?

I gave my GF a 3DS that she'd been fawning over the last few months, She now has a much longer commute to work and needs something to do on the train. She's been playing it non-stop since I gave it to her though and hasn't had much time for little old me :P

I got my sister some Japanese art and her son a really really weird Japanese toddler learning toy. It'll either scare the crap out of him or he'll love it insanely. Her husband I got a mini planetarium for the bathroom but instead of stars it has DRAGON BALL Z images :lol:

My dad got given 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami, one of my favourtie authors, my brother got CDs (usually I give him my favourite upbeat CDs of the year). This year he got the latest Mood Deluxe album :) His wife got novelty chopsticks that can be used to stab the food like a fork when trying to use them pisses you off too much. My mum got something that me and the GF made. A Christmas themed candel with a little diorama inside and a message from the both of us. I bought everthing in Japan and then paid twice as much to have it shipped. I think I'll go the amazon route again next year ;)

I received the usual socks from my mum as well as some poetry and a DVD about space and wormholes and such. My sister also got us a DVD; some Danish drama that she says is really great. She also got me one of the best presents ever! Mullet Power Top Trumps! Now that is cool!

My brother sent me money! Whoop!

My bird got me a PS Vita. My aim to me more active has basically gone down the drain as I am thoroughly addicted to Everybody's golf :D She also made a wax mold of her hand at Madam Tussauds and gave me that. Sounds really creepy but is actually very cool, and bright pink!

I also received Artifact303 - Back To Space & Minilogue - Animals the DVD from my Mum's sister! Both excellent indeed!

From myself I got Solar Fields - Until We Meet The Sky and Krusseldorf - From Soil To Space which managed to arrive on Christmas day which was perfect timing and kind of miraculous seeing as it was Sunday and we don't have post on a Sunday here. I also ordered the new Kindle touch from Amazon, but they would send it to Japan so I sent it to a mate in the States for him to forward it on to me. That should arrive in 6 to 8 weeks so it'll be more like a Valentine's present. I drunkenly ordered a Sandisk clip from Amazon America last night too which I should receive early in 2012.

So, time to be all materialistic. Tell us what you got and what you gave this year :D

I got my gf a boxset about bach, with a book about him with images and essays and 6 cd's. Looks pretty fancy, even if I say it myself :P I got my mother the greatest hits cd of pink floyd, my father a book about photographing with your iphone, my sister a book and my sister's bf the "kick-ass" graphic novel.

I got myself 2 pioneer cdj 100-s and the new solar fields and cbl albums as well as distant system's spiral empire :P

Then I got a behringer 2 channel mixer and a new shaver from my parents, an eau de toilette from my gf (it's called dB :P), a book-cheque from my sister and her bf, a book from my aunt and some money from my grand-parents ^^

Very happy :wub: (let the dj'ing begin!!!!)

My boyfriend knew I was saving some money for an iPhone 4S. Then he decided to make me a surprise and gave one to me. Actually he made the seller the happiest man that day: he bought one for me, one for him, and finally another one for my 16 year-old nephew.

I must admit I don't like at all the commercial side of X-mas. I think this is a time of the year to celebrate with joy, and joy only. But I confess I loved to be given an iPhone three months before I was expecting it. BTW, Happy X-mas everyone!

Well, this year was terrible. I had no time because of stress in the job, was stressed and grumpy as I bought presents, no good mood at all.

I got a book from Jean Ziegler for my mum (this guy is not that unknown internationally I'd say) and a DVD (Moon) for my dad.

Also bought a game to give away, but in the end I didn't. Kinda dumb, but that was it.

I didn't get that much either though. Most important is a good frying pan, a shirt, a book,...

Not that good of a christmas party it was this year in my opinion. But well...

I gave: a garden clock and this book for my Dad, some DVDs and books for my Mum, vase for my sister, trousers for my brother-in-law, a fairy dress for my niece (she preferred the bubble wrap it came in though), a dinosaur construction toy for my nephew and Deus Ex: Human Revolution for my flatmate.

I was given, among other things: a pair of KRK headphones, a philosophy book and a Viz annual, some CDs, some DVDs (including Fantastic planet), some games (Portal 2, Arkham City, Psychonauts and an indie platformer bundle), a Radio Times subscription and a robot crab.

• 2 weeks later...