suggestions for plugins

Hey guys. Its the christmas season and i think i might invest into some nice plugins. Any suggestions? I've had trouble finding synths for a good price so I think i'm going to get some FX.

You guys know any good plug in packages with dynamic, spectral, and/or (other random fx). I'm trying to get the best bang for my buck.

/sorry if this should be in music production section

~Monahium

As far as dynamics and EQ, most DAW's included plugins are probably fine, unless you're looking for something unusual. I use UAD compressors and sometimes EQ, most of my EQ use comes from the EQ's included with Digital Performer or Live. The reverb I use is also on the UAD.

As far as other effects, there's some free ones I've found that I like:

SupaPhaser: http://bram.smartelectronix.com/plugins.php?id=1

TapeHead Medium (free AU-only version of Massey's TapeHead plugin): http://www.kvraudio.com/product/tapehead_medium_by_massey_plugins

DDMF's bundle is quality kit, nothing really exotic or anything, just general mix-bus effects. What caught my eye was the Butterworth -48db option on one of the EQs, Ive been trying to find a plug with good, clean, non-resonant Butterworth falloff for years, Renoise's native filter has 4 and 8 node options and Ive been using it heavily since the plugin was updated, so Ive come to rely on it for quite a few different things, which in the process of setting up a live set in Ableton turned into something of a hurdle in the way of a clean sounding live rack. (ended up working around it before discovering DDMF)

I highly recommend checking out Variety of Sound's freeware mixing plugs, they're all great, and a few are more advanced tools than is common, for example:

http://varietyofsound.wordpress.com/2011/05/16/prefix-1-0-out-now/ I still haven't quite figured that one out, but TesslaPro, FerricTDS and RescueAE usually find their way into most of my tracks

If you're looking for a good multi-effect for real-time use, SugarBytes Turnado is pretty much the last multi-effect you'll ever need. Its like dblue glitch, if instead of a rack of individual fx, it had a rack of dblue glitches, with wet/dry knobs, preset banks for all 30ish insert effects, LFOs, envelope followers, crossfaders, bpm syncs,etc, all inter-routable, with the typically intuitive Fisher-Price-esque SugarBytes GUI. WINNING

• 2 months later...

I am looking for a quality delay/echo VST.

I have Adoppler, but it is so complex, I hardly use it. I've tried Fabfilter's Timeless 2 its pretty good, but expensive.

Most of what I have are just the basics like Sonitus delay and Cakewalk's FX delay and they are probably too basic.

I am looking for a quality delay/echo VST.

I have Adoppler, but it is so complex, I hardly use it. I've tried Fabfilter's Timeless 2 its pretty good, but expensive.

Most of what I have are just the basics like Sonitus delay and Cakewalk's FX delay and they are probably too basic.

My favorite one is AudioDamage Ricochet.. it's easy to understand and it gives a lot of control over your delay...

You can set pitch/filter/modulator/... for each tap...it's simpler than Timeless..but cheaper and easier ;)