psytrance connoisseurs help me out

EagleStrike20

Hey I don't post much at all on this board. My favorite type of music is psy trance. That being said, their are some types of psy trance I like and some I don't. Basically i'm a newbie at psytrance.

I do like stuff by, Ace Venture, Bizarre Contact, Cosmosis, Xerox and Illumination, Astrix, Man With No Name, and much more I can't remember right now.

What is this type of psytrance called? I think it's called "full-on" or something like that.

The psytrance don't like is stuff by the really underground artists. It all sounds the same and I think it might be more Goa than psytrance.

The weird thing is, I like some tracks from the late 90's that might be considered Goa but I'm pretty sure they aren't. I just listened to a Man With No Name track from the late 90's that largely differed from Goa. It's called "First Day". I found it on youtube. I want stuff like that instead of the scary space horror style psytrance that creeps me out and is mostly just the same shit, different artist.

Don't get me wrong I like when artists insert vocals into their work, but i'm talking about the really creepy stuff I don't like at all. I also hate infected mushroom HOW is that even considered psytrance, let alone music.

Anyway help me out! Recommend the sub-genre i'm into! Thanks.

ace ventura is progressive, bizarre contact, cosmosis, x&i and astrix are fullon. mwnn is 95% goa (the more accessible kind).

i imagine you'd like neelix (prog), liquid soul (prog), gms, alien project, u-recken, atma, protoculture, talamasca (older releases) and stuff like that (all fullon). for "easy listening" goa try astral projection, goasia, transwave, ra, artifact303...

btw: the first day is one of the worst mwnn tracks, along with seratonin sunrise. try teleport or lunar cycle instead!

The MWNN track is reeeaaally trancy goa. Indeed try some Astral Projection, early and late, I think you might even like "Amen" as it's the Astral Style with full-on coating.

Can you post an example of this horror spacy sound you dislike? Also, creepy vocals? Probably talking about the countless samples taken from movies and inserted into the tracks.

Ahh this reminds me back when I only listened to full-on. Damn that was a long time ago.. hence I can't really recommend much. I don't listen enough to have a list ready for these.

I just listened to a Man With No Name track from the late 90's that largely differed from Goa. It's called "First Day".

Never heard that song before, but wow, it reminds me A LOT of Underworld.

Don't get me wrong I like when artists insert vocals into their work, but i'm talking about the really creepy stuff I don't like at all.

Probably you're talking about the various samples from movies, often sci-fi movies, as Penzoline mentioned.

I also hate infected mushroom HOW is that even considered psytrance, let alone music.

LOL. If there was ever a can of worms to be opened on this forum, you just did it!

The general consensus on this forum is that early Infected Mushroom albums (The Gathering, Classical Mushroom) were more or less good and psychedelic, and they have gone steadily downhill and further from anything psychedelic since.

Proceed to 5 pages of IM hate, people. :D

You should definitely check out the album cosmic experience by electric universe! Seems to fit your taste pretty well. I'll try to think up some more though.

ace ventura is progressive, bizarre contact, cosmosis, x&i and astrix are fullon. mwnn is 95% goa (the more accessible kind).

i imagine you'd like neelix (prog), liquid soul (prog), gms, alien project, u-recken, atma, protoculture, talamasca (older releases) and stuff like that (all fullon). for "easy listening" goa try astral projection, goasia, transwave, ra, artifact303...

btw: the first day is one of the worst mwnn tracks, along with seratonin sunrise. try teleport or lunar cycle instead!

Thanks for the suggestions! I have heard of electric universe before and loved it! I just forgot to mention it. I also love all the artists mentioned above by Padmapani. Full on is definitely what I like. I do like progressive as well because most of them go beyond just strong bass lines and make their mark in the middle. This music is so good i'm glad i've found a community that agrees.

For the stuff I don't like, I can't find a great example for some reason. I think obviously this music depends on how good of a mood you're in when you listen to it. This one is not bad I don't hate it but I don't really like it: http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OfJExsQeng&feature=related.

Now that i'm in a better mood it doesn't sound as creepy. I guess that's considered Goa as opposed to the newer psytrance style. Some Goa is just plain weird but it's funny when I try to find a "bad" one I can't find any.

I didn't realize infected mushroom has been around since the 90's. I've only heard their newer stuff and somehow some repetitive guitar chords is considered psytrance. Take the song "heavyweight" for example.

Anyway thank you all for your help.

Full-on suggestions: Well, i'm rusty when it comes to fullon...haven't had a descent listening session for that sub-genre in a long time.

Progressive suggestions ...Some artists that haven't been mentioned yet: Ovnimoon, Reefer Decree and Gaudium would be a good place to start I guess.

don't worry about goa sounding creepy to you now. i guess most of us started with the more accessible psytrance. astral projection, mwnn and infected mushroom were a common introduction back in the day. now it's more music like liquid soul, neelix, gms, astrix....

some more (partly fullon-influenced) progressive you might like: protonica, mindwave, etic, human blue.

sense your new you should explore the goa realm.

You know Goa is pretty good. I prefer the newer psytrance to Goa but Goa isn't bad. There are some weird songs once in awhile and I guess my impression of Goa was based on that.

Another artist I've found that's good as far as psytrance is Sesto Sento. His "Glory", "People", and "Disconnected" are pretty good tracks.

What I really want are tracks similiar to Ace Ventura's (Yoni Oshrat) "Genesis":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ5F0nD2wNs

Did you honestly think antares' dreaming universe is creepy? Interesting view on it... To me it's a beautiful floating track :D (I don't know if you know, but that track was released this year, so it's pretty new :P)

Try some stuff from Bubble btw.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBNek_6FOgI&feature=related

Granted, it has guitars, but it also has a very laid-back vibe. This isn't really my cup of tea but I think you might enjoy it...

Also, which is very much my cup of tea: Vibrasphere!