2. There is more inside - EROTIC DREAM

3. Smooth by (Sideform rmx) - VERTEX

4. Deeper - STRATIL

5. S.S. Ishimura - F-ZERO

6. Many Questions - PROTOACTIVE

7. Morning Sensations - ECHOACTIVE AND SYNCHRONEYES

8. Technical Elements - OJOS AND F-ZERO

Mexico scares the crap out of me.

I've never been there, but my government would have me believe that you should you choose to go there, make sure you say your final goodbyes to your family. You know...just in case.

So much negative press surrounds Mexico.

Posted Image

Questionable tourism bureau

Posted Image

illegal border crossing

Posted Image

pet peer pressure

Posted Image

Stripper vampires

I mean, it's like the final frontier out there. A lawless and ungodly land. But perhaps there is a ray of hope. Nuuktal Records delivers a compilation with an impressive lineup. Artists that have produced some very impressive tracks. They offer it on CD and digitally, but if you get the CD you get an extra track.

Into Coma-

Posted Image

This is Jesus and far be it from me to question the almighty, but I wouldn't name my track Into Coma when it's so boring. Nothing exceptional except the funky wood block percussion. Groovy for that fact, but rather weak track in all other aspects. Wish he woulda banged on that wood some more.

So... a few hail mary's? We good?

There is More Inside- "Thousands of years... philosophers and poets have told mankind... that there is more...inside."

Don't know much about this project, but this track has a little bounce to it. It's not very detailed by any means, but there is a groovy appeal to it, especially after the quasi break. A little above average.

Smooth By (Sideform Remix)- Vertex had one of the best progressive albums out this year with Ocean and now one of his tracks gets the remix treatment from Sideform. It's moderately paced with a very mack daddy groove. Synth leads dance over echoing effects and a very large kick. The break has some chopped up synths and the end finishes strong with some nice rushes and more up in the clouds leads. Good stuff.

Posted Image

He's on some old Dukes of Hazard smoothness!

Deeper- This seems more grumbly, organic if you will. The bass is pretty fat and there are plenty of effects to thicken it up. Foresty even. I like that there wasn't one particular melody that you could hang on to, but lots of little ones. Pretty ominous and very good.

S.S. Ishimura- "Unable to comply. Password required for access."

The compiler himself delivers a track that picks up effects as it goes along. But there still isn't much going on. This doesn't get the blood pumping. It's not bad, but it does leave me feeling empty.

Many Questions- "I have many questions."

Me too. Like, when is it over? Did you save the good track for another compilation? Did you set out to make a boring track? Cause...ya did.

Morning Sensations- Synchroneyes...get it? Clever. This is futuristic with chopped up leads of the bass and alto variety. Nice break that was full of emotion and brought a new lead to the surface. Yep, I liked this one.

Technical Elements- This is a chunky track with whizzing effects and chopped up synths coming at you in waves. It wasn't outstanding, but it was solid and kept things interesting. I thought one of the better ones on the compilation.

Well, that could've been better. This wasn't close to the best progressive trance out there and I'm afraid can't be considered much more than generic stuff. The promo said "8 tracks that makes your blood starts pumping" Ahhhh....no. A lot of the tracks were the kind that went on without a lot of variation, which made it kinda like background music. Not minimal, but far from detailed storytelling. Average compilation for me.

http://www.goastore.ch/product_info.php?products_id=4326

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/nuu/nuu1cd002.html

http://www.beatspace.com/6160/Nuuktal+Records/Various/Antimateria++/detail.aspx

Mdk