Image of the Day

Drosophila

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^ What is that?

this:

http://news.discovery.com/space/astronaut-captures-serene-scene-from-space-station-140206.htm

:)

And as far as I remember the color represent the atmospheres changing composition and hence ability to absorb light, so it looks like a sun-rise/-set, but it actually isn't (in the classic sense anyway). But is a moonrise :D

oh yes I found the source here:

http://www.nasa.gov/content/crescent-moon-rising-and-earths-atmosphere/#.UwHR9oUrJ3s

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This unbornd child was diagnosed with Spina Bifida at 21 weeks of pregnanc. A surgeon performed an extremely risky operation where he performs a C-setion on the mother, removing the womb with child in it to then perform life saving surgery on the unborn baby. If at any point the child was disconnected from the womb it would die. At this point the child's hand reached out of the womb to grasp the surgeons finger and hold it. The surgeon has said it is the most profund and emotional moment of his life, the mother cried for days after seeing it. Little Samuel was born 100% healthy thanks to this surgery and is 10 years old with no medical problems whatsoever. Maybe becuase I have a child, but to me this is one of the most amazing images I've ever seen.

NSFW

The-Hand-of-Hope-72dpi.jpg