new etnica/pleiadians

Guest thaigeta

Hi there!

I completely lost touch with the goa scene lately, the only CD that I'm interested in is the new Pleiadians one. Can anyone tell me which melodic Etnica/Pleiadians tracks have been released in the past 12 months, that will not be on the new album?

Etnica - Starship 202!!!!! which, as the name suggests, is a return to the roots of Etnica... You can find it on the Holographic Memory compilation. No new Pleiadians/ Etnica aside that, from what I know :( But it's good to see that they're coming back to their roots and abandoning that progressive fad.

SMI²Le

I saw Etnica live one month ago : they have indeed come back *a little* to something more melodic....they have brought back some of their fantastic breaks for example, but the rest is mainly very complex noise. So don't wait for brand new ultra full melodic tracks.

Else they'll play in London on sept 27th as Etnica vs Pleiadians, which is their - i think- "can't do otherwise" concept. Let me explain my point of view : They have been performing under this double-name several times lately. It also seems they still try to attribute their tracks to either group depending on the madness they acheive...

...But...

- with Etnica returning to something decent

- with Pleiadians becoming more noisy (like starship 202 for example, which was annonced as a Pleiadians track for some unreleased Etnicanet EP, 18 months ago),

- with the use of the same instruments for both groups

- with the lack of time,

*it seems* the limit between both groups has become uncertain for their very authors, you see. Yet, it's my opinion.

I also was successively deceived by annouces, and finally the no-go's for the next Pleiadians Album...hum...CDM...hum...EP. Now i doubt we'll have something like that. On the other hand, i heard from a reliable source that an Etnica album is on its way...well is it complete or still one of those wonderful concepts of the brain our beloved highly whimsical artists have in mind ?

Well...from what i heard they have enough new music for one album. Why not an Etnica vs Pleiadians album ? I'd prefer that than nothing.

Future shall unveil all that :)

Guest thaigeta

No new Pleiadians album? Instead a new Etnica one? Arrrgh, then I am out.

The last good thing they did was the History album, which was years ago. All they did since then was total shit. I thought they decided to do the lame boring stuff as Etnica, and the cool melodic things as Pleiadians. I hoped the new CD would sound more like I.F.O. and F.O.L., but if it is anything like the Nitrox/Chrome-Crap, then NO, thank you!

I really think the group is dead. I mean, they were the heroes of the Goa scene when they were 4, but now, only 2 remaining, they are "shadows of themselves".

Lemmiwinks :

I swear Etnica - Starship 202 was once called Pleiadians - Starship 101 Rmx when it was scheduled for some Etnicanet EP...but as i saw the guys live 4 times in 2 years, i also admit they always played it in both performances.

Besides, Crop Circles is a totally different story from what was said before : this project that was burried in 98 with the crash of Auracle recors.

hey guys i got some news :

i got the flyer of the Etnica vs Pleiadians party in London on sept 27th, and it's written on it that they will present the tracks for their new Pleiadians album : "Explores" , on Etnicanet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So there WILL be a 3rd Pleiadians album. Btw you will remark that etnicanet.net is offline since a few days....let's hope for fresh news on it when it's back again :)

• 3 years later...