support and make popular old and new artists

radi6404

So now most people are singed in to many forums and have facebook, why should we not support old and new artists, the artists that play on suntrip records surely are not very well known since most people don't even know what goa Trance is, so what do you think if we promote them and the scene a bit, linking to some releases, tracks or label pages like suntrip records on the forums we are signed in and from time to time link videos or myspace profiles of goa tracks from new artists so that more people click on it and aktually check more of the stuff out, what do the users here think about that, it is very important to make the scene more known.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most people do this anyway. The main problem is that most people don't actually like the music and don't follow the link or do follow it but don't like what they hear. "I can't enjoy a song if there's no lyrics" <_<

Most times I post a track on facebook that I am particularly wanting to share, it gets no attention at all except for a few psyheads that already knew it.

Oh and by the way, the link in your signature is broken and is spelled wrong.

I've got the same problem as Abasio really. I quite often link to old and new psy on my facebook profile but the one's that like it or comment on it are my friends who listen to psy anyway, or in some really rare cases open minded people who enjoy a track or two but just don't want to "dive" into the genre. On the other hand, if I let people who do not know the music listen to some tracks the most recurrent answer is that they don't "get" it and hence don't want to listen to it. Or, it drives them crazy (well I always tell them that that's the same thing it does to me, or what it should do, but even that they don't seem to get. "Why would you listen to something that shakes you out of your ordinary rut?" is what a lot of people seem to think.).

My point being, psytrance will never appeal to the whole world, because it is more or less an acquired taste, and is closely correlated to a way of thinking and a lifestyle that is too radically different from most people's. I'm not saying you shouldn't promote it, I would love for everyone to experience the things I feel when listening to a good track or dancing to one at a party.

Also: "Getting media attention is, for an underground scene, the kiss of death." :P

I've got the same problem as Abasio really. I quite often link to old and new psy on my facebook profile but the one's that like it or comment on it are my friends who listen to psy anyway, or in some really rare cases open minded people who enjoy a track or two but just don't want to "dive" into the genre. On the other hand, if I let people who do not know the music listen to some tracks the most recurrent answer is that they don't "get" it and hence don't want to listen to it. Or, it drives them crazy (well I always tell them that that's the same thing it does to me, or what it should do, but even that they don't seem to get. "Why would you listen to something that shakes you out of your ordinary rut?" is what a lot of people seem to think.).

My point being, psytrance will never appeal to the whole world, because it is more or less an acquired taste, and is closely correlated to a way of thinking and a lifestyle that is too radically different from most people's. I'm not saying you shouldn't promote it, I would love for everyone to experience the things I feel when listening to a good track or dancing to one at a party.

Also: "Getting media attention is, for an underground scene, the kiss of death." :P

"Crazy noise for mushroom-munchers" is what I usually get as response to psytrance or goa.

So please, I want some more posts, we have to think out a way how to make this music more popular

"Getting media attention is, for an underground scene, the kiss of death." :P

This. Call me emo if you want, but it's just a fact that 6 months after a genre gets popular it gets drowned by watered-down crap with women singing about teenage lust while men play guitars in front of giant inflatable Pepsi cans. I'd much rather tell people I like psytrance and have them stare at me blankly than tell people I like psytrance and have them assume I like Skazi, and if that makes me a snob then

Posted Image

FUCK YOU I'M A SNOB

There are already some really hard working people doing a lot of good work promoting new and upcoming talents.

Just look at what guys like Imba and Basilisk are doing. Not to name Cronomi, Dimensional and Suntrip...

DAT Records is giving the phrase blast from the past a whole new cosy meaning!

There are probably others, but these come to mind when I think of promoting the style and giving some artists a way to express their creative output...

This. Call me emo if you want, but it's just a fact that 6 months after a genre gets popular it gets drowned by watered-down crap with women singing about teenage lust while men play guitars in front of giant inflatable Pepsi cans.

Damn, on to Plan B......

B ecause i want them to be able to live only from their music carreers just as fammous Pop artists such as lady Gaga, Sean paul, and many more, an artist who is producing music should be able to live well only with producing music, and that is why we need to help make the scene bigger.

We don't need the scene to be bigger. We need psyheads to pay for it.

I don't want psytrance to end up like a new dubstep.

Which tbh I don't think will ever happen. In my experience psytrance will never be acceptable by the masses. I prefer it that way.

No, I want to produce Goa Trance aswell and if people like my music i want toget profit from it, and not very little. Goa Trance is great music so the artists must get great money for it,even Simon Posford wrote he is not getting enough money without dj works and that s a shame since he is the most fammous artist in the scene, but by now i think he is earing enough, shpongle is very well known and it seels pretty well.

And what about the artists?

This

We need psyheads to pay for it.

and this

They should have chosen a more lucrative scene.

I think any artist knows that he will never be rich by producing psytrance.

Well except IM. But... well you know.

Actually I don't care if psy is accepted by the masses or not. But I do care if the majority of people at psy parties would be fuck ups. Which would imho be the case if psy gets even more popular. And I don't talk about drugs but about violence, theft and the likes. Which is not the case in Switzerland as far as I can tell (compared to regular parties I mean, you always have idiots who can't behave).

I agree about buying instead of downloading. Considering there are a few artists who can live from their gigs and albums this might allready be enough.

No, I want to produce Goa Trance aswell and if people like my music i want toget profit from it, and not very little. Goa Trance is great music so the artists must get great money for it,even Simon Posford wrote he is not getting enough money without dj works and that s a shame since he is the most fammous artist in the scene, but by now i think he is earing enough, shpongle is very well known and it seels pretty well.

I actually thought this topic might be about your own music in the end...

Of course it would actually be nice if most artists could live only from the money the get for the music. I also like paying for my music. Still, if the only (or the main) reason to create music is the wish of being famous or get money I don't like the motivation. You never know what is behind a track and I don't doubt you can make great music even if it's only for the music. But I also think the same music would even be better if the artist gives his heartblood instead of just a calculation what might sell well.

Does Shpongle really sells that well? I vaguely remember that Twisted was not that well off some years ago. I never saw any figures but weren't they selling merchandise and stuff (an expensive Shpongle mask for example?).

Does Shpongle really sells that well? I vaguely remember that Twisted was not that well off some years ago. I never saw any figures but weren't they selling merchandise and stuff (an expensive Shpongle mask for example?).

That well compared to what? Compared to goatrance and psytrance, yes.

That well compared to what? Compared to goatrance and psytrance, yes.

That's a good thing then. But well, compared to, let's say make a living with it? Not a Lady Gaga living but like grant Simon something like a regular salary all in all?