Psytrance vs Full-On

Cynos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Full-on, the illicit child of Psytrance (wow psychedelics) & Euro-trance (mm chemicals), mostly formed in the Israel, because they need a good party with fists pumps because of the pressure around them and the army forcement.

On that note, loads of Great psychedelic yummy full-on out there. One cant take all of a comb.

I like this saying, that psytrance and Goa are like Cognac and Brandy. "Not all Psytrance is Goa, but all Goa is Psytrance".

Topic question; Hi, I readed in internet somebody doesn't considerates full-on as psytrance, because it isn't "psychedelic". What do you think?

.. illicit or not, that spesific popular genre, "Full-on", is defo a part of Psytrance/Goa. Just its a "modern" version with more powder in the nose.. *to generalize

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Full-On

You got to fight, for your right, to p a r t (øh) y

Full-on Psytrance..

• 11 months later...

Man, and I really thought the Metal Scene with it's many many more Subgenres is having some problems when it comes to classify paticiular substyles.Now I know better.Can please anyone explain me why and what is goin' on when ''Full on'' enters the game?I don't get it.Yes, I am a Metalhead ever since, but Psytrance is the only other style of music that drives me total insane like Metal does.I really love that stuff, but I never put any thoughts on what specific style I prefer most.Cause who the hell cares?I always knew all startet with Goa, I was around in the 90',but I always called that whole genre Psytrance, just to keep it simple for me.Honestly I never knew which Style I loved the most cause I even didn't know about all those classifications within that genre.And if I had known, what difference would that have made for me?None.What sounds good to me sounds good.Period.Today I know  ( and I hope I am right), that this modern or new Full on Style is that one wich always blows me when I hear it.For me, that is no surprise 'cause that kind of music has got so much in common with Metal, just done with other instruments.It's heavy, it's brutal, often dark and evil, you name it.And there are absolute no 'cheesy' things to hear.Must be something else.The word Full-on explains itself, and so this is the Metal within Psytrance.Simple or?It's funny to see people going wild wenn it comes to talk about different styles and stuff.Makes no sense to me at all.But it's very entertaining.Com on, it's just music.The best thing ever.There is no right or wrong.And anyone who has those borders in mind is somehow 'cheesy#???I don't know and I don't give a fuck.There is no 'the best music' but Metal.....(lol).....Have fun, life is short.Cheers.

On 07.11.2017 at 4:34 AM, stagediver said:

Man, and I really thought the Metal Scene with it's many many more Subgenres is having some problems when it comes to classify paticiular substyles.Now I know better.Can please anyone explain me why and what is goin' on when ''Full on'' enters the game?I don't get it.Yes, I am a Metalhead ever since, but Psytrance is the only other style of music that drives me total insane like Metal does.I really love that stuff, but I never put any thoughts on what specific style I prefer most.Cause who the hell cares?I always knew all startet with Goa, I was around in the 90',but I always called that whole genre Psytrance, just to keep it simple for me.Honestly I never knew which Style I loved the most cause I even didn't know about all those classifications within that genre.And if I had known, what difference would that have made for me?None.What sounds good to me sounds good.Period.Today I know  ( and I hope I am right), that this modern or new Full on Style is that one wich always blows me when I hear it.For me, that is no surprise 'cause that kind of music has got so much in common with Metal, just done with other instruments.It's heavy, it's brutal, often dark and evil, you name it.And there are absolute no 'cheesy' things to hear.Must be something else.The word Full-on explains itself, and so this is the Metal within Psytrance.Simple or?It's funny to see people going wild wenn it comes to talk about different styles and stuff.Makes no sense to me at all.But it's very entertaining.Com on, it's just music.The best thing ever.There is no right or wrong.And anyone who has those borders in mind is somehow 'cheesy#???I don't know and I don't give a fuck.There is no 'the best music' but Metal.....(lol).....Have fun, life is short.Cheers.

This thread is from 2011, at this time full-on was sort of psytrance equivalent to Bling Guardian, Hammerfall etc - energetic, with catchy and euphoric melodies, but not really  psychedelic and more adapted to causal listeners.  This kind of stuff

There are some of the psy sounds, like squelches, FM farts etc, and also the rolling bassline in there, but people were often saying that this subgenre as a whole was way too lighthearted and not trippy enough to be called psytrance

I think this kind of full-on has mostly died out now. Now full-on is much less melodic and more dark.

Btw, how many more metal-heads turned into psytrance listeners will I meet in my life?