5. Above the skies
6. Distant Signals
7. Afterglow
8. Approaching Nibiru (Eleusyn rmx)
9. Deep Descent
10. If there is nothing

WoQRuQ4.gif
Gesundheit.

You know, in 2011 our cup truly runneth over. If you love goa trance as the majority of us do, then you cannot help but be pleased with this years output. The dust has just begun to settle from Artifact303's Back to Space and the label that has resurrected melodic goa trance has delivered another release from a titan of the genre. Romanian Emmanuel Carpus is responsible for the absolutely stellar space exploration goa trance epic Arcana in 2009 and aims to pick up where he left off. Questions abound of course since he is the reigning king of goa at the moment. Did his style evolve? And if so, what shape did he take? Will we all like it? Will there still be people that complain?

Pathfinder- "If intelligent life could evolve here on Earth, then why not elsewhere? We'll be the first generation alive to find out."

The beginning breathes like something alive and this track could very well have been on Arcana. Filtered leads spiral through space as the layering increases. It's a meteor shower with chunks of melody that break up as it hits an alien atmosphere. Shimmering and sparkling with some light touches that you could actually reach out and hold.

Metamorphic Resonance- The space vibe continues with more bubbling synths and warm layers. There is a feeling of great distance and mammoth size with tracks like this. As if light speed wasn't fast enough. Churning and turning over as nameless moons pass by in silent watch. Welcome to deep trance. Population...all of us.

Dansul Ielelor (Neurosect Edit 2011)- Here is the first remix of a track that was on Arcana and it isn't long before that recognizable melody appears. But only briefly. I look up and 5 minutes have bone by in the blink of an eye. Sharp 303's snap in the friction of space as one lead tumbles over another. All in a race to reach the planet's surface. Delicious.

Valley of the Kings- While not a Nitzhogoa track per se, this is as close as Emanuel gets. The kick says nitzho, but the melodies sparkle with goa energy. Leads twist and ricochet off each other in his most powerful showing yet. His signature dark and drifting style is present with loads of layers. It doesn't get more outer space than this.

Above the Skies- Clearly we have crossed a line into a more aggressive style as this one comes out swinging. Leads crawl from dark places like tendrils from some unknown beast. His breaks are short and only there to change the direction of the track. The leads blur and shimmer like a mirage as they stike and then fade. Wow.

Distant Signals- What sets this track apart is the length of the break as the intensity builds. The leads continue to echo and even seem more tactile with sharper attack rates. It plows straight ahead like a comet with numerous off shoots.

Afterglow- Melodic droplets stir the surface of a vast body of water. This is a lighter track with its feet firmly planted in deep trance as much as goa. The drifting continues with a 303 sparkle and bite. Layers increase as the track moves on. There is a mystery about this one as if unearthing a tomb from long ago.

Approaching Nibiru (Eleusyn Remix)- This is the 2nd track from Arcana to be remixed. Floaty and distant like watching a pitched battle from a safe vantage point. It's short, but has powerful arpeggios that act as guide rails with a screaming 303 in protest.

Deep Descent- Here is where this album separates itself from Arcana. No stranger to downtempo, Emmanuel brings a slow, pensive feel to this outer space jaunt. Astronauts converse as mystical synths uncoil. Warm pads reveal a massive horizon or maybe the rubble of a destroyed civilization. The winds of change are blowing my friend as this melancholy tune fades away.

If There is Nothing- The 2nd downtempo track has a wonderful alien ambiance as whatever remains from the destroyed civilization crawls its way to the surface. It's cold and futuristic with a post apocalyptic timbre, as a bubbling lead slowly meanders through the wreckage.

The first thing I want to say is that there is not one single 303 ripping stormer of a goa trance track here. If you want that go check out the Portamento album. But that's not what Emmanuel does. His tracks can be likened to a massive oak tree. The trunk is the solid foundation and as you climb farther up the tree melodies spiral and branch off in a myriad of directions. If you continue to venture further onto a branch, there are a massive amount of twigs you can follow. But the trunk is the solid foundation. His sound is truly entrancing and not focused on Arabic or Indian melodies we often see in goa trance. Nope, he is all about the farthest reaches of space and a mystical component.

Like layers? There are tons of them here. It's like climbing into satin sheets the way leads and synth juxtapose for position. So smooth. The production sounds marvelous even on my sh*tty headphones. And on top of that he ends his album with two very nice downtempo tracks.

You know, I suppose it's normal to become spoiled as time goes by. The technology helps make the music better, the sound quality improves, and we even become jaded by cover art. Reading the thread in the Label Announcements section you'll see people complaining about him sounding like Astral, the cover art sucks...yadda yadda yadda. I suppose I could've written the same descriptions for the first eight track. They all have the space vibe in his dark melodic style that will carry you away. If you loved the dark, drifting style of Arcana then you should love this. There are more melodies of a darker tone and atmosphere, but they are just as hypnotic with an insane amount of storytelling. The two downtempo tracks are a treat and a great way to end the album. It is my opinion that this is just as groundbreaking and awesome as his first album. Congrats to E-Mantra and Suntrip.

Long Live the King!

http://www.goastore....roducts_id=4676

http://www.beatspace...er+/detail.aspx

http://www.psyshop.c.../sut1cd023.html

Mdk

I might be in the minority here, I don't know, but to put it short; this album was disappointing, to me. It's not bad music by any means and it's mostly on the same level as all else of E-Mantra production-wise, even surpassing the older material most often, but I found myself looking for something more as a whole, disregarding those small things that improved. My expectations were elsewhere.

In Arcana, the melodies(which I went on to call soundflows because there never was a melody that carried a track) went much deeper, we're generally more aggressive, dark and laid off on the joyous 'emotion' aside from the last 3 tracks, which from the last two still had deeper story to them. The whole sound felt new, fresh and felt like it was aiming to achieve out-there-like atmospheres and soundscapes. The sound was so rich, it did manage to make me feel those things. And the way he played around with sounds was something else.

On Pathfinder the whole tone is much more emotion-sided, more uplifting and floating. I'm finding the mellow-emotional E-Mantra generally quite stoic and a tad shallow. There can be qualities to counter that and a perfect example is Distant Signals. It's groovy throughout while a track like Metamorphic Resonance just is. The other notable tracks for me were Afterglow, superB melodies and a climax; Valley of the kings for the nice nitzho-touch; and Approaching Nibiru remix for the softly-groovy dark atmosphere. I could go further on them but I'm trying to keep this one shorter, just going to say that those tracks do hit the sweet spots. Really well done tracks. Good stuff! But on the downside, all else I found rather disappointing whilst having a few cool moments. The ambient pieces are very nice but why not just make another ambient album? Just didn't really want those here, personally.

Now don't take this as pure appraisal towards Arcana as it might seem, I did have my gripes with it, namely the repetition, that doesn't as much of an issue here, the tracks differ from each others quite a bit, but I didn't look for another style to fix the problems. I was, personally, looking for Arcana 2.0 that fixes a lot of things and tries to push the sound even further of what had been heard. Ragnarok from VA - Spiritual Rising felt like a step towards that and Perihelion on Erta Alé just blew me the fuck away. It was super groovy, spiritual and immensely deep. After those tracks I had no doubts, but then the samples hit me and I was in a small shock. Then again, it is Suntrip and what they release is what they want to release and E-Mantra makes what he wants to make. Respect to them for what they want to do, but I just see potential for something greater in this sound signature. I actually wonder how we went from Voyager II to this. Pathfinder has it's good moments and it has moments that left me craving for something else. Maybe it's a slow grower, maybe not. We'll see.

Sigh, I was going to say just a couple of words but I've written too many reviews for that to happen, apparently.

While nobody can argue taste, perhaps you're over thinking things. I believe this is Arcana 2.0 with stronger melodies and deep atmospheric storytelling. And it's f*cking awesome at that. Like you said, he is going to make what he wants to make but since Suntrip has been top dog for a while, the "in" thing that people seem to want is "darker" goa trance. It seems that if you don't make that type of goa, then you what you are making is sunshiney fluff and that it is a disappointment. Emmanuel has his style and it's easily recognizable on everything he does. Personally I find his melodies darker than your average goa. Never once do I listen to his music and say "wow, now that is some cheesy cotton candy."

Not to single you out Penzoline, but only because you replied, it seems that instead of listening to the music and appreciating it for what it is, we are always pointing to what it isn't. As if that je ne sais quoi that we imagine it to lack prevents the music from being good.

Mdk

While nobody can argue taste, perhaps you're over thinking things. I believe this is Arcana 2.0 with stronger melodies and deep atmospheric storytelling. And it's f*cking awesome at that. Like you said, he is going to make what he wants to make but since Suntrip has been top dog for a while, the "in" thing that people seem to want is "darker" goa trance. It seems that if you don't make that type of goa, then you what you are making is sunshiney fluff and that it is a disappointment. Emmanuel has his style and it's easily recognizable on everything he does. Personally I find his melodies darker than your average goa. Never once do I listen to his music and say "wow, now that is some cheesy cotton candy."

Not to single you out Penzoline, but only because you replied, it seems that instead of listening to the music and appreciating it for what it is, we are always pointing to what it isn't. As if that je ne sais quoi that we imagine it to lack prevents the music from being good.

Mdk

It's just taste then. I have listened this multiple times already and taken it in for what it also simply is. I've previously heard Visions Of The Past multiple times and it did the same things this album also mostly does. It got tiresome, I heard it already. The 4 tracks I mentioned are excellent though. But sure, it adds to the disappointment the knowledge that E-Mantra can do a darker style that fits his sound signature more imho and didn't still do it. Luckily there is something different in the works, but that's still probably a way off for 2012.

As for the sunshine comment, it doesn't make anything instantly bad that it's sunshine, it just has tendency way to make stuff sound boring and formulaic. And by no means is this album the typical fluff, but it's much less aggressive than what he can make in comparison to other works made by him.

As for the darker stuff in general, it sounds refreshing and thinks outside the box much more. I'm just finding the light-hearted emo-tinted stuff more and more boring these days. I've heard too much of it from new school, it just isn't exciting as it's been done. It's time for something else; it doesn't even have to be dark to be exciting.

I kind of have to side with Penzoline on this one. I'm still giving it some listens to see what sticks with me. It's clear that the production on Pathfinder is cleaner and more polished. The bass section doesn't sound as muddy and the leads are gorgeous. There is an abundance of interesting high hat work which is a big change from Arcana. We even get some claps on Afterglow which is pretty cool. When I listen to this I get a strong feeling of atmospheric phenomena like clouds or auroras streaming across a night sky.

My only problem with this album is the lack of focus and pace. I can't make heads or tails of what the focus is supposed to be at any given moment of these songs and as a result the songs don't travel. I mean I am not looking directly for a melody but rather at how the songs evolve. For example, I thought Distant Signals ended around the two minute mark when every element in the mix was removed and a melody lacking relation to the rest of the song pops up. Maybe I haven't given this enough time to sink in but first impression was these songs don't really flow very well. The sounds and emotions are all there and I can tell a lot of passion went into these songs, I just think they needed some focus. Of course, I had similar feelings when I first heard Arcana so maybe I just have to get used to it all.

Like Visions from the past, I think this is a grower and I base my opinion on E-mantras albums of earlier discoveries. :)

Geniality is always balancing on a thin line and I think that, after having listening-sensations STILL from Electrypnose´s Subliminal melancholies, or Zolod´s - Dejavu fabrique, that I should not be so fast to judge... Never get tired of them... What seems empty and boring at the first moment can easily be another classic. I think the difference lies in the "deepness". Even though I hate the main melody in Dansul Ielelor, if I look from a wider perspective, i think i´m going to love the entire album as a whole. That was the story for me, especially with VFTP.

Guest E-Mantra

the idea was different...some was complaining that arcana was too dark..some that arcana could been a little melodic ..

when i start this album my thought was in a different direction tracks" like dark corners of the universe " which is probably my darkest"

track was removed from the album because is "too dark" that's why ive decided to change the album story into a more melodic side...

but i promise you all...if i ever do another goa album it will be dark as hell ..the only problem is the label who can release it

anyway...my hope is more people starts to make goa trance

disappointments and tracks that makes you smile you'll find on every album ...

just try to enjoy the parts you love more ...

many thx for reviews

ps. i dont know how many artists aim for perfection ..i only aim for sounds that makes me shiver

@E-Mantra you are still in my eyes one of the best new goa artist I know (mysterious, deep, beautiful driven melodies and for always searching & exploring the universe).

However I am leaning more towards Penzolines point of view on the new album..but I think that is because I really really like E-Mantra's style and I have probably have listened to his music a bit too much that the new album has a bit of a I-have-heard-this-before feel. What I mean is most of the songs have the same build ups, using same background melodies, and feel.

Still his new album is of high quality and has stunningly beautiful melodies and beats (except harsh kick on votk)!

I really like the entire album. Perhaps I like it even more than Arcana. For me, the songs breathe more than on Arcana. Arcana is still a masterpiece for me, but its focus was on aggressive, mysterious banging music. Pathfinder is indeed more melodic and it's easier to dissect the tracks.

The basslines sound deeper and thicker than on Arcana. I was hoping for that.

I always get a shot of power when I listen to any of the tracks on Pathfinder, and that's why I love it. :)

My only problem with this album is the lack of focus and pace. I can't make heads or tails of what the focus is supposed to be at any given moment of these songs and as a result the songs don't travel.

That's my first impression too. Haven't listened to it enough yet to form a lasting opinion.

In my opinion Pathfinder is still one of the best Goa Trance albums released this year, production is much clearer and even more polished than on Arcana. Difference is probably in the concept, I got feeling that this one is some sort of ''Best of E-Mantra'' with more style diversity, from typical E-Mantra sounds, to more melodic Eleusyn style, to pure downtempo. I enjoyed the most first 4 tracks on this CD and last two downtempo ones.

My rating would be 8/10

I heard the earliest versions some Pathfinder tracks up to one year ago. When we release soemthing, it always takes me a while to get hindsight, and at the same we know earlier than any other if the album is going to worn out over time.

Well it doesn't.

The first thing that strikes me is that Pathfinder has a much better production than Arcana.

Second, the album is trickier, it's playing subtile games with you, as a listener, the scheme is much less obvious, less rough. Only that, makes the overall experience much nicer.

Deeper now:

The new uptempo tracks all have memorable-dreamlike melodies, the groove catches you and makes you trip faaaaaar above the clouds

The remixes are stronger, Approaching Nibiru is now clearly a dancefloor killer!

And the ambient tracks make a soft landing

Sure if you're into super colourful explosive Goatrance, you should check Artifact303 or Portamento this year. But E-Mantra is something else: if you play Pathfinder to your date who's into Pop music, she won't run away....see what I mean? Trying to compare a rocket launch and a cocktail on a sealiner with sunglasses is kind of pointless.

To me Pathfinder is not what some of you call Newschool. It's a kind of Goatrance we hadn't been listening to for a long time. You might want to brush up on Spectral or this for instance and realize you can travel far away without having your all your senses overstimulated :)

Overall, a STUNNING ALBUM.

I'm not going to make a lenghty review here, since I'm too lazy for that (hence why I never do it :P), but one thing I'd like to say about this album is that I LOVE the depth in his tracks...for example the huge reverb he puts on certain percussion elements, its goed like: CLATCHhhhhhhhhhhhhh h h h h h h h.... it makes me feel like i'm gazing into a wide deepblue sky full of stars. You really get this sence of wideness while listening his music. Good stuff!

E-Mantra - Pathfinder
Suntrip Records

th_E-Mantra-Pathfinder.jpg

1. Pathfinder
2. Metamorphic Resonance
3. Dansul Ielelor (Neurosect Edit 2011)
4. Valley of the kings
5. Above the skies
6. Distant Signals
7. Afterglow
8. Approaching Nibiru (Eleusyn rmx)
9. Deep Descent
10. If there is nothing

Pathfinder has stronger melodies than Arcana. But Is it better than the debut? Yes or no is anyone's opinion.

1. Pathfinder begins with an interesting alien-esque opening. A melody lead with various supports after the fourth minute enhance the song. The leading melody returns in the end that makes the song feel more structured in a good way here. This is a solid, catchy opening. B+

2. Metamorphic Resonance gets tastier, more powerful as it progresses (especially after the two minute mark). The crazy, echoed goa sounds at 4:24 are delicious. The vehicle carries infectious goa designs, atmosphere, melody leads, power, dynamic energy/build-up, and more (i.e: echoes creatively placed to enhance certain sounds). The artist incorporates a signature sound/melody lead (from 3:48 to 4:50 via War of the Hierophants) from the Arcana album. It's very catchy!, though, I found that it stood out more, the way it was produced on the debut. It works very well here nonetheless, and elevates the imaginative track even further. This song is like soaring through a futuristic worm hole. Stunning track! A-

3. Dansul Ielelor (Neurosect Edit 2011) starts off with the strong, characteristic tune from the original and progresses well. The song seems to offer less absorbing work in the last few minutes. While I'm a huge fan of Dansul Ielelor on the debut, (my favourite uptempo song on Arcana) the new version is good. The original stood out to me more for its originality, but numerous details enhance this sci-fi solid remix. B+

4. Valley of the kings begins with deeper sounding beat emphasis. The melody/sound work is fantastic, especially from the second to nearly fourth minute. The ambient notes flow well too. I simply wish that the part after the forth minute transition included work as engaging. There is a cool buildup just before the fifth minute, and some catchy goa sounds. The last segment just seems a bit anti-climactic, or lacking in what made the first two thirds so catchy. This is a good song that could have had a stronger final act. B+

5. Above the skies takes off with a delectable, echoed effect in its first minute. The chilling ambient notes in the background are effective; I simply wish they took place more. You can hear them clearly around 1:40. A solid, leading layer soon enters that is very catchy, and the shuffling sound enhances it. A brief interlude via pan-flute opens to new harmonies until another interlude takes place. A new melody lead arrives, accompanied by a bouncy goa tune. Although the last third feels refreshing, it's approach softens the intensity of the track's previous two thirds I feel, and thus lessons the song's excitement to some degree. There are some nice sounds towards the end. I just wish that more took place to captivate me towards the end. Strong track. B+

6. Distant Signals first third involves an incredibly catchy, driving sound (around 0:55...) that solidifies a contagiously driving rhythm. The beat is temporally lost during a relaxing transition that fronts a solid buildup into new formations. The next part sounds great, though I initially missed the driving feel early on that made the first third (or half) so sweet. Nonetheless, the song avoids monotony (too much of a good thing can lose its edge) and develops extremely well. The buildup/release around 4:50 is solid, and the layers compliment. Even though I loved the first act, and imagined the artist re-releasing the driving element (sound/feel around 0:55) in the last act with even more energy and intensity than ever before, I think he did a great job with the psychedelic and melody driven ending. Excellent track. A-

7. Afterglow begins with characteristic, sustained notes that take place throughout parts of the song; these providing a personality and add appeal. The gentle melody around 2:20 stands out in a good way, and another, more psychedelic one around 2:36 compliments it. The flight reaches a nice transition that fronts a delectable evolution of psy/goa trance! This is an example of a song that starts good and gets better as it progresses! A greater sense of intricacy takes place in the middle act, with great, echoed sound effects to boot. A tweaked, sustaining melody via 4:09 takes edge off the excitement; the song could have done without it, but it's not bad. Suddenly, a buildup ignites gear and the vehicle lifts higher at 5:36. Additional layers and variations amplify the broth, and the key (that later become sustained) notes via sixth minute provide a moody, attention-grabbing quality. Strong track! A-

8. Approaching Nibiru (Eleusyn rmx) has a intriguing introduction, excellent progression, and strong, background atmosphere that seems to be moving with the marvelous soundscapes. Just before the third minute, the song picks up with new moves, edge and rhythm. The style and approach here is phenomenal. The song continuously becomes more infectious as it moves forward. How the beat/sound switches up around 2:50 for instance is incredible, exciting. A gripping mid-tempo transition takes place after the fourth minute. Superb melodies enter around 4:25 and at this point (and to be fair, regardless), this is one of the best tracks I've heard all year. After a brief drum beat, the uptempo energy, now evolved, releases at 4:40. My gripe (or nitpick) here is that the uptempo work before 4:40 had been on a getting-more-infectious path. The last segment here sounds great, but along with the powerful rhythm, seems to lack something even more infectious (possibly another layer) to really make this thing stunning in its final moments. Some song examples Suntrip Record's artists that blew many of us away at the end of their tracks include: Filteria's Earthrise on the Daze Of Our Lives album, Khetzal's Djaningar (on the Corolle album), and Merr0w's Citrus Circus (on the Temple Of Chaos) compilation. The artist here is on the right track and includes a strong, memorable ending nonetheless. The song is superb. A-

9. Deep Descent is the first downtempo track. It makes me want to here the next Distant Systems album, just to hear even more great, space-ambient-influenced downtempo. There is a brief sound at 1:18 (spaced apart multiple times) that sounds like a baby alien throwing a temper tantrum. The track could have done without, or something in its place. Otherwise, the song is excellent. This up there with some of Distant Systems/Asura's best space ambient-influenced downtempo works. Had Filteria's Float Away and Disappear (last track on the Daze of Our Lives album) extended its catchiest (tasty psy/goa) part, and had a more seamless intro and outro, it could have been closer to the greatness here. Although the first several minutes are strong, the gradual emphasis/sounds after the third minute is even more arresting. Furthermore, the goa influence is absorbing. A-

10. If there is nothing is another psy/goa-influenced (mid or) downtempo track. The previous seemed to have more taking place and that which hooked me, but this is well done. There is some good atmosphere too, and catchy melodies that develop into the second half. B+

Conclusion: Pathfinder is great. I initially missed the deliciously psychedelic, mid-tempo passages that existed on some of the uptempo tracks on Arcana. But the artist has found a way to cross over some of that amazing work into the uptempo here! The melody/lead work in general is a big improvement too. Still, more melody/sound leads in the future would probably not hurt. I found more memorable tunes on Artifact303's Back To Space album, though the work here is more atmospheric and on numerous occasions, more psychedelic. Those who are looking for leading melodies to the extent of Filteria or Khetzal may want to look elsewhere. That said, this is a strong psychedelic goa-trance release. After the fifth time through, I continue to notice subtle alterations and psychedelic details.

I found the uptempo work more or less repetitive on Arcana around the fantastic mid/down-tempo work with exception to Dansul Ielelor. That's not the case here. One of my gripes with Pathfinder is that a few of the songs could have had more memorable endings, or last segments/acts. That said, the songs are often interesting. They pack much energy. There are climaxes. The melody/sound (lead) work on Metamorphic Resonance for instance, is outstanding and includes some of the best buildup/energy moments and sounds I've heard all year! Also involving great leads (sound or otherwise) includes Distant Signals, Approaching Nibiru (Eleusyn Rmx), and Deep Descent. The album is creative, involving, immersive, and at times labyrinthine. In addition, E-Mantra's down/mid-tempo work is excellent. Deep Descent I currently favor over If There Is Nothing, but both are interesting and enjoyable space/ambient-goa pieces. This sequel is more homogenous than Arcana. While it is less risky in that it avoids mid-tempo goa designs in the uptempo songs that added creativity to Arcana (while making the debut less dance friendly I may add), Pathfinder takes other risks that often excel the uptempo work. This is a easily one of the best Psy/Goa albums of 2011.

Favorite tracks: 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.

A-

Samples

http://www.saikosoun...ase.asp?id=8914
http://www.suntripre...t/item/SUNCD23/
http://www.psyshop.c.../sut1cd023.html
http://www.beatspace...er+/detail.aspx
http://www.goastore....roducts_id=4676

• 1 month later...

Valley of the kings: I was completely overwhelmed by the unique mix of sounds that some refer to Nithzo – style, which is only in the kick that’s simular but the rest…. fluent, sounds and great new vibes! I was very sceptical in the beginning of the song but when it left me with a great smile I listened to it several times and it keeps me smiling over and over again.

Above the skies: wauw, wide open space – music! One of my ultimate favorites… cannot wait until I hear this live!

Dansul lelelor: I like the first one more because it’s more subtile than this version. But anyhow it is really a nice track especially with the acidic part in the middle, gives it more power.

Metamorphic resonance: great drive with magical sounds.

Afterglow: nice enchanting music.

Distant Signals: great twisting melodies with lots of open spaces that grow to fully powerful make-you-smile-moments!

Pathfinder: beginning with a great kick, so powerful with so great melodies also left me with a huge smile.

Deep descent and if there is nothing: mmmmm nice!

“like one sound just sort of melts rather than leads into the next” johnb820

Exactly!!

Thank’s Emanuel for this magnificant album :D

• 10 months later...

E-Mantra ‎– Pathfinder (2011)

This is imo of of Suntrip finest. My favorite trance is subtle, warm and gentle trance.

And that's what's Pathfinder is all about. This second album of E-mantra is

better to my ears then it's first. All is soft, the baseline, it's drive, the melodies,

the tiny 303 spiral, the long stretched waves. This gets me into trance easily

to be goatrance. Just one thing anoyes me and that is track 4. "Valley of the kings"

is a decent track but it doesn't fit in the entire concept of the album.

That wouldn't be a problem if E-mantra didn't put it at number 4 but maybe at the end.

The baseline is kinda nithzonot and the entire track is more stronger and less subtle.

It breaks the release. Then again the "next track button" is never far away so it's doable.

http://www.discogs.c...release/3219764

• 11 months later...

Reading back on what I wrote 2 years ago, I really can't disagree with it, however one track became a favourite afterwards - Dansul Ielelor (Neurosect Edit 2011). I believe originally I disliked the fact it was a remix and just shunned it to the side, not really paying attention too much, but listening the track on and off in different situations, I found it to be quite mature. There's some great acid subtleties and the stronger bass really drive the little details forward with good pacing.

On that note Valley Of The kings has unfortunately started to wear off a little bit for me.

Now to end this with something I should have said a long time ago; Distant Signals is a damned masterpiece! The whole way it's structured is perfection. The drive toward the beautiful emotional melodies is ever-changing, with incredible finesse to the details and brilliant build-ups. Absolutely adore this track.

• 1 year later...