What is your profession?

Imba

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ex-Banker

Marketing manager / Website manager / Teacher for a school/training center for adults (after downsizing, what was done by 3 ppl, I do on my own)

Although I doubt the company will last the next 2 months. At least I'll get unemployment benefits after they close.

Undergrad degree in physics. Masters in mathematics. PhD in theoretical particle physics. Unemployed.

sounds familiar. got a masters in biochemistry and i'm now working on my next masters degree in a field which allows me to actually get a job.

• 1 month later...

Graphic Artist/Creative artworker - 8 years or so. Currently working at all different ad agencies around London, probably on billboards, ads etc and shit you (and I) ignore every day. Heh

Marketing is evil I know.. But I have to fund this life, and it is at least creative.

Im a nerd looking to serve, lol.

I started my own computer technician/ virus removal company my Freshman year in high school. I met a lot of incredible people and gain a lot of connections and experience. Then, in 2011, I started working for Apple and am still doing that to this day. It is the best job I could ever ask for and I love the passion in the air. On the side, I DJ at local clubs, help out with festivals, and have a ton of fun in the musical world. I live in Arkansas, so it is easy for me to help start the electronic scene. It is interesting seeing peoples reactions and I have made countless friends this way. Occasionally, I help voice act for a few animates series online. I stopped doing that back in 2009, but I like to go back to my roots from time to time.

Quite unbelievable. I have to feel ashamed among all the people here with high positions. I am not a guy who is very interested in a high position giving all my life to the job and career, I have the attitute. Working for life, not life for working and a demanding job, a high positiion requires a lot of focus to the job which I don't want.

As I see lots of well educated people in the technology are unemployed, I will give you an idea it can make you rich: create a keyboard-case with a trackpad that can be attached to iPads, turning it into a MacBook running iOS. Yes, there are some models in Amazon and eBay. But none of them have a trackpad. There's a huge crowd waiting for this to happen, willing to spend up to $200 dollars for one of these. I am one of them. I was in doubt between a brand new MB air or an iPad with a keyboard cover-case. I am just waiting a keyboard with a trackpad to buy the iPad. It is the future, IMO.

Well, I am not so technologically advanced to be able to create such a thing. It probably requires programming, drivers and much more. Or do you mean just the case for it, I think you mean the keyboard and the trackpad for the mouse for an Ipad, right?

I am just waiting a keyboard with a trackpad to buy the iPad. It is the future, IMO.

I guess I've been living in the future for a while with this Asus Transformer.

However, I've disabled the trackpad as it's only on the way and the touchscreen is vastly superior for all purposes I'm using that machine for...

Why would you want the trackpad if already have the touchscreen?

A touchscreen should be enough, but there are certain tasks that using a pointer make them done faster, such as text editing. And I have read that a lot of people who buys a MBA instead of an iPad solely because of a trackpad - I am one.

I guess I've been living in the future for a while with this Asus Transformer.

However, I've disabled the trackpad as it's only on the way and the touchscreen is vastly superior for all purposes I'm using that machine for...

Yes, Asus is a great example of how tablets are replacing desktops and notebooks. I want a keyboard exactly like that, that works with iOS. Dolmot, can you share your experience with us on touchscreen versus trackpad? What about text editing? Image editing? Spreadsheets? Thanks in advance!

Hey Procyon, this is actually possible right now. I setup businesses all the time to remote into any computer they want. They use a all-in-one Logitech keyboard case for typing with a $15 app knows ad Jump Desktop. The trackpad is not needed, since they just tap whatever they want to access. There are compatible bluetooth trackpads, however.