What is your profession?

Imba

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-= ARTificial INTELLIGENCE =-

FREELANCE

I "studied" radioelectronics though for about 6 years in an Aviation University. Then I officially quit refusing to take the mostly fake diploma because I was already having the above mentioned real thing which was more than feeding me well.. I`m still having my student ID in the pocket with group number.. 604 on it, which I still haven't finished :)

When was small always wanted to become a businessman to become an influential person. The above thing has given all I wanted in this realm and much more.

And I was never studying this anywhere officially.

-= ARTificial INTELLIGENCE =-

FREELANCE

I "studied" radioelectronics though for about 6 years in an Aviation University. Then I officially quit refusing to take the mostly fake diploma because I was already having the above mentioned real thing which was more than feeding me well.. I`m still having my student ID in the pocket with group number.. 604 on it, which I still haven't finished :)

When was small always wanted to become a businessman to become an influential person. The above thing has given all I wanted in this realm and much more.

And I was never studying this anywhere officially.

So are you doing art?

Or is this "ARTificial Intelligence" thing something else?

So are you doing art?

Or is this "ARTificial Intelligence" thing something else?

This thing is a well known subject in Computer Science. And I am deeply involved in it. I just don`t like the word "artificial" like it`s something too dead and techy. For me it`s really a form of art using computers as a key instrument.

• 2 months later...

I studied economics on a Masters level and ther is a almost finished Phd thesis in Energy Economics. I work for a Utility on renewables.

Lots of well trained people here :rolleyes: ,,,,,my last psy event was full of people with fried brains. :wacko:

I studied economics on a Masters level and ther is a almost finished Phd thesis in Energy Economics. I work for a Utility on renewables.

Lots of well trained people here :rolleyes: ,,,,,my last psy event was full of people with fried brains. :wacko:

Haha, it might be possible that "trained people" also can fry their brains?! Well in general my experience is that it is a very diverse crowd... and yes some really fried eggs among them :P

Bachelor in philosophy. Currently studying the last semester of a master in nanoscience.

Interesting combination, are you focusing on theoretical science, or did you leap into the wet natural science?!

Interesting combination, are you focusing on theoretical science, or did you leap into the wet natural science?!

Just trying to do the science thing for a living, there is no specific connection between the two, in my case. Gotta earn a buck somehow, right?

• 1 month later...

I bailed out my studies on Computer Science (I know I know, shame on me) and then got into the games industry back in Portugal to make small games. Right now I am living in Germany and made Crysis 2 as a game play programmer =)

I bailed out my studies on Computer Science (I know I know, shame on me) and then got into the games industry back in Portugal to make small games. Right now I am living in Germany and made Crysis 2 as a game play programmer =)

Coolest profession so far.

• 1 year later...
Guest antic

I've masters in Finance & Banking and surprise, surprise I work in ...a bank :) Currently I'm heading an ALM unit which basically is responsible for managing 'structural' risk of the bank, i.e. interest rate & liquidity risk. Probably sounds boring for most of you, but for me - coming from risk management background before - it's actually pretty fun, because what I do now is somewhere between being a 'regular' dealer / trader (like the ones you see on TV & films) and risk manager, looking more at the long-term horizon to stabilize bank's income and funding profile, so that - basically - your money is safe with us :)

Cool! Any particular platform, or CryEngine in general?

Are you in anyway involved in work with next-gen hardware?

Edit: just realized most recent posts are 1Y+ old, so not much chance for reply...

• 1 month later...

It's very interesting to see how diverse is the crowd here!
And a lot of trained people with whom i'd like to have a chat in real life sometimes..

Now about me: i had studied web design, graphics and advertising after high school for 2 years doing courses (London an Milan) and worked for 4 years in Milan in that field. Then I went back to university and studied languages and communication and when I got my degree there was crisis, so the only job I could find was in real estate, helping managing a building (tie and all of that every day). After 2 years doing that I went to London and started working in an English school first as a receptionist and then as an assistant teacher and that brought me to become a full time English-Italian teacher in Madrid since 2 years now.

My next move would be to start teaching in Brazil, if I can manage to get a working visa and a job over there (that I am looking for).
As a side thing I manage DAT Records which has never been my full time occupation (as many think..) and once in a while I dj somewhere :)

My next move would be to start teaching in Brazil, if I can manage to get a working visa and a job over there (that I am looking for).

As a side thing I manage DAT Records which has never been my full time occupation (as many think..) and once in a while I dj somewhere :)

As a Brazilian, I hope you know what you are doing. Brazil can be the best place to be, if you are in the best place. But it can be hell, if you are in the wrong side. Despite plenty of good news in English about Brazil, the truth within the country is quite disappointing. It can be dangerous: crime is unpunishable here, lots of criminals everywhere. The economy is floundering after 10 years of really bad leftist-populist administration. And 2013 has been the year of the dengue fever, everywhere. No cure or solution in the horizon. I don't want so sound pessimistic, just pragmatic. But come, if you really think it's OK. At least we're friendly and like to share and partying.

I have studie nothing. I degraded German middle school and visited two English courses to improve my English. In Germany studying is very demanding and I am trying for several years to get an apprenticeship in various jobs, I know langauges and computers very well but here that does not matter to Germany and they don#t care if you know that or not, my school notes are not the best and in Germany they only care how your school notes are. They don#t give a shit if you can speak English or not at all, for them school notes and a driving license is anything that matters.